• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
On current form he is absolutely world class. If he maintains similar consistency when we sort out our defense then it wouldn't surprise me to see Bayern come calling for him in a year or two if they need a new goallie.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I've always believed he would make it here and preferred to play him than sign Navas, who's obviously an excellent keeper in his own right, when those rumors were about. Everyone knows he has the talent, he was compared to ter Stegen at one point. He just needs to get his head together and start putting in consistent performances with the occasional blinders which he is currently doing.

He's still on the young side for a keeper, having just turned 27, but now is the time to make the next push in his development. As he grows older and gains more experience, hopefully his mental side will improve, and allow him to blossom into a top keeper.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He should have the experience having played nearly 400 odd games. He is a good age as well. Compare him with Sczesney, he is a year younger and played 50 odd more games than him.

I had my concerns at the start. He didn't fill me with confidence but he has won me over. Another success story from the summer window.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wasn't sold on him when he joined but he's winning me over. He's showing his array of skills and I think he's a great start to rebuilding our defence which I hope we tackle in the summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wasn’t convinced when we signed him, didn’t look too convincing at the start but you need time to adapt and in recent months, he’s been excellent.

Safe to say, as far as next season goes we don’t have to worry about our keeper situation because it looks promising.

Don’t want to get too carried away because he has to keep this up if he wants to be considered good enough for Arsenal.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Need to take more chances like this on the market! The fallen prince of german goalkeepers but boy o boy is he getting back there. Always had the talent, his best years are still ahead of him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Wasn’t convinced when we signed him, didn’t look too convincing at the start but you need time to adapt and in recent months, he’s been excellent.

Yeah same sentiments, wasn't impressed until recently, but he's put in some big performances lately and today he won us the 3 points, match winner performance.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Aside from his saves, his kicking is excellent. A few times he popped a few 20 yarders into the wing backs- he can do it with either foot too.

He’s been nothing short of brilliant as of late. He’s not parrying the ball into dangerous areas as much as he used to. His saves against Lukaku and Eriksen were world class, had De Gea made those saves Sky Sports would dedicate a channel to them.

Excited to see his development. Could be a top, top keeper.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Really good performance today our defense seem more comfortable with him then cech

This is one reason why I'm not a fan of one GK for PL another for cups. I'm not blaming Cech for our loss to Rennes but the OG by Monreal may have been stopped by Leno because he has fast reflexes, something that Cech lost a few seasons ago.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This is one reason why I'm not a fan of one GK for PL another for cups. I'm not blaming Cech for our loss to Rennes but the OG by Monreal may have been stopped by Leno because he has fast reflexes, something that Cech lost a few seasons ago.
You aren't wrong about this. I just want to add, though, that Comparing Cech to Leno in terms of reflexes this week is harsh. This lad has made some the greatest saves I have EVER witnessed in this sport in this week alone.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He leads from the back. This guy is always switched on and plays an active part in both our defence and attack. A lot of courage too - Torreira, Guendouzi and Leno worked out better than I could've hoped for.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You aren't wrong about this. I just want to add, though, that Comparing Cech to Leno in terms of reflexes this week is harsh. This lad has made some the greatest saves I have EVER witnessed in this sport in this week alone.

I've compared their reflexes way before this week and pointed out goals conceded by Cech previously that I felt Leno may have saved. As I said, I don't want to be seen to be blaming Cech, he's a great No2 but at this point in EL we should be using our No 1.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom