• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal mid-season break in Dubai

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
https://www.thenational.ae/sport/fo...rk-opening-of-new-al-maktoum-stadium-1.836092

The London club, currently fourth in the English top flight, have agreed to participate in the friendly on March 26 as part of their warm-weather training camp in the emirate.

Unai Emery’s side were scheduled to face Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League at the weekend, but the match has been postponed because of Wolves’ appearance in the FA Cup quarter-finals.“It will be great to get some warm weather training and break up the usual routine as we enter the final stage of the season,” Emery said.

Surprised I didn't see a thread for this.

Looks like mid season friendlies played abroad are something that are coming to us as well. Not sure how to feel about this if it becomes a common occurrence, but with having a big break after EL game it could be a good thing to keep the players sharp.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Stadium holds about 15,000. Don't think getting tickets will be a problem.

But on a Tuesday? In the middle of the week...baah! now I'll have to jump through hoops to be there.

https://gulfnews.com/sport/uae-sport/fans-welcome-arsenal-visit-to-dubai-1.62614680

Dubai: Fans have celebrated the announcement of English Premier League club Arsenal coming to Dubai for a friendly against Al Nasr later this month.

Unai Emery’s squad has been confirmed for a brief stay in Dubai possibly from March 21 to 27, and fans have been enthusiastic about the arrival of the London club. The friendly match against Al Nasr has also been confirmed for a 6pm kick-off on March 26 with the intention of formally opening the new Al Maktoum Stadium.

Tickets for the game that have been priced at Dh100 to Dh150 are scheduled to go on sale from 6pm on Wednesday through Platinum List and on-site at the venue in Bur Dubai.

As Emirates is the main sponsor of the team, the squad is expected to undertake several social activities during their trip, including a visit to the Rashid Paediatric Centre.

“As soon as I read the news I felt I was going bonkers,” long-time ardent Arsenal fan Savio Cardozo told Gulf News.

“To have the players come here to Dubai is like a dream come true. I have followed this club since my early teens, and now I have this opportunity to watch them play, and maybe even get a few autographs with them with my son Reece.”

Julius Noronha, hailing from Mumbai, admitted that he is willing to make the trip just to watch his stars in action. “I have adored these players, and to get this opportunity to meet them all in person and watch them play against Al Nasr will be something that I will not forget,” Noronha said.

“I wish I can get them to sign my jersey. And believe me, the jersey will go nowhere. It will be framed and kept at my home,” he added.

Arsenal’s official website was the first to announce the news. “Head coach Unai Emery will use the training camp as a key part of our preparations for the run-in and the Premier League home fixture against Newcastle United on April 1,” a statement read.

Emery told the website: “It will be great to get some warm-weather training and break up the usual routine as we enter the final stage of the season. The facilities in Dubai are fantastic and it will be an honour to be part of the formal opening ceremony for the new stadium.”

This will be the second time that Al Nasr will be playing the Gunners. The first was in November 1976 when the English club ran off as 3-1 winners with Malcolm Macdonald, John Matthews and John Redford on target.

Mohamed7

Stadium holds about 15,000. Don't think getting tickets will be a problem.

But on a Tuesday? In the middle of the week...baah! now I'll have to jump through hoops to be there.

https://gulfnews.com/sport/uae-sport/fans-welcome-arsenal-visit-to-dubai-1.62614680

15K capacity? Wahhh, it is freaking small. I don't think getting a ticket will be a problem, but what I meant is getting a good/great seat will be a challenge.

Middle of the day is not an issue for me since I will be visiting, but the fact that most of the players could be away to International matches is a concern. That's worrying. Some key players could be missing. Although thinking about it, I do not suppose many will be missing. Our French players are not selected, Özil retired, Auba, I don't see Gabon playing that week, rest of the German players are not selected, and Wales's last match is on 20th March.

Arsenal.com said:
Tickets for the game priced at AED 100 (category 3) and AED 150 (category 2) will go on sale on Saturday, March 16, through Platinum List https://platinumlist.net/ and onsite at Al Nasr’s, Al Maktoum Stadium.

I am not sure what category 2 and 3 mean. Which areas of the stadium are they? Based on the pricing, I can assume category 2 is a better zone...? I wonder how much will the category 1 be and why will it not be available on that website?
Do you know? @krackpot

Top Bottom