• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The op done him good on the whole. The achilles finally just snapping my have prolonged his career :lol: I hoped it would/could.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
How many goals we conceded before and after his comeback?

I wouldn't even count the first or two games after the injury, because he wasn't 100% ready and only played because of the other injuries and suspensions.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Kos is generally quite underrated by our opposition fans but is he quite world class. Not so sure about that. Certainly an important figure for us.,

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Kos has not only played well but has had a galvanising effect on the whole team. He's that kind of player, he gives everything in every game and I'm so pleased for him. I always complained that Wenger underrated the role of Captain because he was happy to have a Captain that hardly played. Kos is a great example of why your Captain should be on the pitch and not in the stands.

pikey2000

Been top class since his return, doesn't get anywhere near enough credit, media cream themselves over the likes of Maguire, Stones, hell even Smalling at UTD gets more praise than Kos but he just trots out and does his sh1t game after game.

Really like the partnership with Sokratis too, if you could say Kos lacked one thing it would be that he is not vocal enough at times, Sokratis brings that leadership to the table which blends so well with Kos.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He has one of the main ingredients of a CB. Coolness under fire.

Even when Costa pushed him over he was calm, hoping the ref would see it. It was Gabriel who lost his head and got sent off.

He’s tough though, and goes in hard, but his challenges are still measured. On a rashness scale he is probably 3 put of 10. Sokratis is 7 and Mustafi 9. But like Kos, at least Sokratis is a half decent footballer.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I remember one game against Norwich (I think) in the league. Was the last day of the season. I think we won 2-0.
A ball came over head and was heading towards a striker and Kos leapt up and plucked this ball from the sky with his big toe. Brought it down and just signaled to the whole team we needed to slow it down and play our game. Was brilliant.

OSBK

Established Member

Even when Costa pushed him over he was calm, hoping the ref would see it. It was Gabriel who lost his head and got sent off.

He’s tough though, and goes in hard, but his challenges are still measured. On a rashness scale he is probably 3 put of 10. Sokratis is 7 and Mustafi 9. But like Kos, at least Sokratis is a half decent footballer.

Its the areas of the pitch that those rash tackles are made which is important. Kos in the early days was very rash and made those rash tackles in and around our box, he learnt quickly. Sok is rash but his tackles are made the stage before it becomes very dangerours. Mustafi is reckless in all areas and tries to do too much, his rash tackles which put us in very bad situations are down to him quite simply not knowing his position. Mustafi doesnt devolop and get better, he has hit his ceiling and needs to be moved on.

Currently van dijk is easily the best defender in the league, with gomes they probably have the beat partnership. Spuds best 2 cbs in alder/vertong then i think we probably have the best 2 in kos and sok.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I disagree, I think he's quite rash and that's one of his biggest weaknesses. Like the fa cup game vs United where he ran at Lukaku and left a huge space for Alexis to run in behind him.

Kos is generally quite underrated by our opposition fans but is he quite world class. Not so sure about that. Certainly an important figure for us.,

It's because Arsenal are notorious for having a **** defence and he's been a mainstay in that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I disagree, I think he's quite rash and that's one of his biggest weaknesses. Like the fa cup game vs United where he ran at Lukaku and left a huge space for Alexis to run in behind him.

It's because Arsenal are notorious for having a **** defence and he's been a mainstay in that.
As Einstein said, ‘All things are relative’.

Surely in the rashness tables he’s in league two, whilst Mustafi is currently top of the Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom