• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Croatians are notorious for overhyping their talents.

Dinamo/Mamic is also a great wheeler dealer and was able to sell some dross for big amounts (for a low level league at least) which only amplifies this illusion.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Dinamo/Mamic is also a great wheeler dealer and was able to sell some dross for big amounts (for a low level league at least) which only amplifies this illusion.

not everyone is overhyping them, me being first on the list :)
I think its more of a national thing, which is familiar to you surely. Croats are obsessive with Croatia, therefore, they will overhype anything and everything about Croatia. their worst fear is people outside of the country thinking low on us or anything we give to the world.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
not everyone is overhyping them, me being first on the list :)
I think its more of a national thing, which is familiar to you surely. Croats are obsessive with Croatia, therefore, they will overhype anything and everything about Croatia. their worst fear is people outside of the country thinking low on us or anything we give to the world.
I've seen pictures of Croatia and even I am obsessed. My brother had two waterpolo tours there and said he never wanted to come home. "From women to beers and wonderful places, everything was beautiful, bro"

yybecause

I've seen pictures of Croatia and even I am obsessed. My brother had two waterpolo tours there and said he never wanted to come home. "From women to beers and wonderful places, everything was beautiful, bro"
everyone has their own opinions. I think it is a beautiful country for a tourist but a true hell to live in, but it's a whole new topic. point is, 99% croatians will die hard argue that nowhere is as beautiful as in Croatia, no woman are prettier anywhere, we are the most sportsman country on planet earth, Tesla is the worlds greatest mind ever...so on and so on, all with a dead straight face ready to start war if you don't listen :)
funny thing is, 99% of those people have never been outside Cro, never saw different women, wouldn't know to name other countries sports achievements unless it's football related, wouldn't know to tell you anything about Tesla but the fact he is not serbian and did something with electricity.

obsession that is and it leads to many many absurds and ironics

not everyone is like that ofcourse, just a huge chunk of people from Cro

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
everyone has their own opinions. I think it is a beautiful country for a tourist but a true hell to live in, but it's a whole new topic. point is, 99% croatians will die hard argue that nowhere is as beautiful as in Croatia, no woman are prettier anywhere, we are the most sportsman country on planet earth, Tesla is the worlds greatest mind ever...so on and so on, all with a dead straight face ready to start war if you don't listen :)
funny thing is, 99% of those people have never been outside Cro, never saw different women, wouldn't know to name other countries sports achievements unless it's football related, wouldn't know to tell you anything about Tesla but the fact he is not serbian and did something with electricity.

Thanks for the insights.
P.S. Tesla may just have been the world's greatest mind to ever exist.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

This is exactly what all the croatians I know from Munich are like :lol: - nevermind, I like (most to all of) them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Only there’s an issues regarding his ethnicity. A Serb will tell you Tesla was Serbian while a Croat will insist he’s his countryman. They’re probably ready to start a war over this.
Oh okay. I had no idea about that. At the risk of being insensitive, Tesla was a human first and foremost.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Wow, had no idea my post would result in people making conclusion about Croats in general, but I'm actually quite used to people talking weird **** in this forum.

My initial claim was that Dinamo have a phenomenal batch of talents, which they do, I have been following the academy for quite some time now, have many friends that are coaches and are involved into this level of football on both domestic and international scene, have been both player and a coach for a large part of my life, and I believe my asumptions are definitely not based on some overhyping of my own country man.

Never once have I talked about anything other than football related to Croatia, and its amazing that You would draw parallels between me pointing out amazing discrepancy between resources put into our academies ( both in money and in number of kids) and number of quality players coming out ( According to CIES in 2016 only Ajax had more players from their academy in top 30 leagues in europe than Dinamo, and 14 players from the academy were in WC2018 - more than anyone in the world)

When it comes to Badelj and Brozović, we obviously have totally different interpretations of top players. Being captain of Fiorentina or one of the best midfielders in Serie A obviously doesnt make You a top player? What does than? I know both of these guys, played against both and the ammount of quality both posses is top level. Will they present it in EL or CL, I dont give a ****.

This forum so often have people just throwing out their opinions without any logical explanations, talking about ilusions or similar crap without having anything to back up their claims. What makes a top player then and please name me a few?

P.S. I love my country, think Tesla was a great guy, can name You almost any sports achievement, have a college degree, traveled to more than 40 countries, and am a manager at a Software company. Can I still think positively about the place i live?

yybecause

Only there’s an issues regarding his ethnicity. A Serb will tell you Tesla was Serbian while a Croat will insist he’s his countryman. They’re probably ready to start a war over this.
that's why I said most Croats know two things about Tesla: not serbian, did electricity. they literally would start a war over his nationally, most important thing in Cro

yybecause

@Eduardo_da_Silva Hopefully you are not refereeing to me in your last post. cause it sounds like at moments. Besides that Olmo topic, at no point I was talking about you but Cro in general cause topic went that way (with different members)

btw Brozovic is class, can't stand a guy (and I am Inter fan) but he is quality.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
When it comes to Badelj and Brozović, we obviously have totally different interpretations of top players. Being captain of Fiorentina or one of the best midfielders in Serie A obviously doesnt make You a top player? What does than? I know both of these guys, played against both and the ammount of quality both posses is top level. Will they present it in EL or CL, I dont give a ****.

This forum so often have people just throwing out their opinions without any logical explanations, talking about ilusions or similar crap without having anything to back up their claims. What makes a top player then and please name me a few?

Brozovic is alright mate. You're just getting riled up cause some more reasonable posters don't share your opinion of him being worldclass or topclass or whatever. If he was, he'd play at a better club, and not ride the bench while his team gets played out of the park by Eintracht Frankfurt.

And I have seen Badelj stink it up long enough at Hamburg to know he's not a top player, no matter how often you played against him. He might have done a bit better in Seria A than in Germny, but top player? Come on.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I have a very good Croatian friend in London who consistently considered Ivica Olic to be one of the top 5 strikers in the world, and now also claims that Kovacic is Chelsea's best midfielder. It seems overhyping of their own players is a common trait

Last edited:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I have a very good Croatian friend in London who consistently considered Ivica Olic to be one of the top 5 strikers in the world, and now also claims that Kovacic is Chelsea's best midfielder. It seems overhyping of their own players is a common trait

:lol:

Funny, one of my croatian friends thought the same when Olic was in his prime.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
:lol:

Funny, one of my croatian friends thought the same when Olic was in his prime.

Some don't get that there's a difference between being useful and solid with a certain class and being top class or world class or whatever you want to call that.

Admirable, good player, Ivica Olic, always liked him but top class my arse. Mandzu e.g. is a good deal superior.

Marsal

Bosnian Gooner
My girlfriend is Croatian and I can confirm a lot of what @yybecause said is true. :lol:

It's a Balkan thing.

There is incredible amount of Bosnians who think Dzeko is better than Aguero, they thought Mancini benched him only because he is Bosnian. Pjanic is best midfielder in Europe for t least 3 years

For Serbs, Tadic is better than Zidane...Mitrovic is best target man like ever, Milinkovic Savic os going to be better than Scholes and Slavisa Jokanovic is one of the finest managers in England.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

What about you, what nationality are you? I have seen you talking about many nations, including this region, but didn't catch what nationality are you.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah, I said they have good talent but to just not overrate them. It's not like they're producing the number and calibre of talents e.g. France does and have a NT filled to the brim with worldclass players, like some almost made it sound like.
I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing, France is a collection of many clubs and academies, Dinamo is a single academy. I don't know any club in France that produce as many talents as Dinamo, but I get your point that France is a much bigger pool and it's the reason why everybody sends their scouts there.

Top Bottom