• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Pretty sure he didn't mean it as a shot but nevertheless it was an excellent cross into a dangerous area, and this is something he has improved on this season. Good signs.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He should drop everything in his life and learn some shooting technique. Poverty.

Token Yank

At this point would rather his minutes go to Denis. Getting to the point where I am kind of giving up on him. He flashes some moments, puts in a shift and seems a good guy but just don’t think he has what it takes to be an important player in a title winning/CL challenging side.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I thought Alex was one of our better players last night. He ran the line well, changed the pace a bit and put in several great passes across the face of the box. Still gets caught in two minds when he needs to deliver that final ball, at times, but overall I felt he was good.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I thought Alex was one of our better players last night. He ran the line well, changed the pace a bit and put in several great passes across the face of the box. Still gets caught in two minds when he needs to deliver that final ball, at times, but overall I felt he was good.
True that, but I think he needs to add something more to his game, like goals. He still didn't learn how to make space for himself to make a shot, and better shooting technique would be great.
He is not a finished product yet

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
True that, but I think he needs to add something more to his game, like goals. He still didn't learn how to make space for himself to make a shot, and better shooting technique would be great.
He is not a finished product yet
Agreed. Nobody is stating that though..

ThlRama

Player:Saka

We do rely too much on him to run the channels, receive the ball higher up, take on defenders... People are too strict with him when nothing comes out of it, but in reality he troubles the opposition more than most attackers we field.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Reason I don't see elite potential is that he never drops his shoulder and shifts the ball in a way that lets him fire a curler into the top corner. He's too static in his dribbling and body movements to ever truly strike fear into players.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I thought he was poor but so were many others. My problem with Iwobi is that he gets the ball a lot but rarely looks threatening. You know he's going to do his little side step shuffles in an attempt to confuse the opposition but then lose the ball or miss the target. In the past 3 seasons he has scored 3 PL goals in each season, and played a similar no of games (26, 26, 29). He should be scoring more with the chances he gets and creates. I'm still not sure he has a future here but I'd love him to prove me wrong.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You know he's going to do his little side step shuffles in an attempt to confuse the opposition but then lose the ball or miss the target..
But that is just it, he didn't do that last night. He put in several balls which went unanswered by our attackers. He found Özil, PEA, Ramsey and Mikhi several times. Mihki had 3/4 shots as a result of the work Iwobi was doing. Usually I'd agree with your post 100% but last night he looked different and energetic. He kept the ball well and move it forward well. He struggles because there was rarely any overlap until we changed the formation and even then Monreal looked too beat to add a run in for him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
But that is just it, he didn't do that last night. He put in several balls which went unanswered by our attackers. He found Özil, PEA, Ramsey and Mikhi several times. Mihki had 3/4 shots as a result of the work Iwobi was doing. Usually I'd agree with your post 100% but last night he looked different and energetic. He kept the ball well and move it forward well. He struggles because there was rarely any overlap until we changed the formation and even then Monreal looked too beat to add a run in for him.

Maybe I was just so fed up with our display I couldn't pick out the good work anyone was doing. I know I posted at one point that Iwobi was useless and Mihki even worse. All game I thought Watford were going to equalise so I didn't really enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom