• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
ooooooooh la la!

Would love that. I'm not even sure how good Koulibaly is, but I want an athletic, imposing defender so badly.

I know he was very good the previous season, havent seen him much this season but now Ronaldo is at Napoli I would imagine their players would be open to leaving as they wont come close to winning anything anymore.

Athletic and powerful, him and Wissaka would be great signings, Koulibaly definitely wishful thinking though unfortunately.

I'd also take a look at Skriniar, Inter have a lot of problems and maybe he would want out?

A lot of options out there for any club with money this summer.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I know he was very good the previous season, havent seen him much this season but now Ronaldo is at Napoli I would imagine their players would be open to leaving as they wont come close to winning anything anymore.

Athletic and powerful, him and Wissaka would be great signings, Koulibaly definitely wishful thinking though unfortunately.

I'd also take a look at Skriniar, Inter have a lot of problems and maybe he would want out?

A lot of options out there for any club with money this summer.

Skriniar is class, if I had to pick one CB tjis summer, money no problem, it would br him.
they dont have problems, and need not to sell their best defender, but its Italian business down there, smell of money get them going.
they do have De Vrij, Godin incoming, let's try.

dude is big, strong, fast and knows how to play (did more then well as a DM for Slovakia on few occasions) which is nowhere near his position (pure CB) but it shows you his good understanding of the game.

he himself said it many times he wants to stay there long time

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Skriniar is class, if I had to pick one CB tjis summer, money no problem, it would br him.
they dont have problems, and need not to sell their best defender, but its Italian business down there, smell of money get them going.
they do have De Vrij, Godin incoming, let's try.

dude is big, strong, fast and knows how to play (did more then well as a DM for Slovakia on few occasions) which is nowhere near his position (pure CB) but it shows you his good understanding of the game.

he himself said it many times he wants to stay there long time

Inter got problems with Icardi, Spaletti's job doesnt look certain, their overall game is pretty poor and they just got dumped out of the EL.

Luckily they have money to throw at the situation but I could see why players would want out of there if other clubs come knocking, however if your comments are true regarding Skriniar wanting to be there long term then thats not going to deter him I suppose.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Inter got problems with Icardi, Spaletti's job doesnt look certain, their overall game is pretty poor and they just got dumped out of the EL.

Luckily they have money to throw at the situation but I could see why players would want out of there if other clubs come knocking, however if your comments are true regarding Skriniar wanting to be there long term then thats not going to deter him I suppose.

those problems they have (always did). such a mess of a club.
That said, they do have money, reason why I think they wont sell key players, bsr Icardi who they want out, his wish also

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
those problems they have (always did). such a mess of a club.
That said, they do have money, reason why I think they wont sell key players, bsr Icardi who they want out, his wish also

Agree with what you said earlier, show an Italian club the money and see what happens..

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Might be an unpopular opinion but I rather we focused on fixing the attack/midfield this summer than spending big on CBs, similar to how Liverpool have done the past 2 seasons. Apart from signing a LB (Tierney?) I hope we spend most of the budget on wingers and an AM.

Tierney LB
Zaha LW
Thauvin/Malcom/Saint-Maximin RW
Havertz/Brandt/ AM
ca 140-180m in total.

We’ll probably have at least 100m available this summer if we reach CL and with the new adidas money. The rest could be made from player sales.
Then after hopefully another season in the CL we could go big on a top class CB like a Skriniar, Koulibaly or De ligt if he decides to stay at Ajax for another season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Might be an unpopular opinion but I rather we focused on fixing the attack/midfield this summer than spending big on CBs, similar to how Liverpool have done the past 2 seasons. Apart from signing a LB (Tierney?) I hope we spend most of the budget on wingers and an AM.

Tierney LB
Zaha LW
Thauvin/Malcom/Saint-Maximin RW
Havertz/Brandt/ AM
ca 140-180m in total.

We’ll probably have at least 100m available this summer if we reach CL and with the new adidas money. The rest could be made from player sales.
Then after hopefully another season in the CL we could go big on a top class CB like a Skriniar, Koulibaly or De ligt if he decides to stay at Ajax for another season.

The problem is that improving our attack wouldn't make us title contenders. If we had a more stable back line and midfield area then we have enough attacking prowess in Özil, Laca, Auba and Pea plus exciting youngsters like SMith-Rowe, Nelson, Iwobi, Nketiah and Saka.

I could stomach the whole budget being spent on a top cb, lb and holding midfielder. It always seems pointless throwing names out there but:

CB: Koulibaily, DeLight or Maguire*
LB: Tierney, Gaya or Cresswell - all attainable
CM: Kondogbia, Ndidi*, Vidal*, Rabiot or Nangoilan

*Indicates most possible in my opinion.

------------------------Leno-----------------------
---------Maguire---Koscielny----Sokratis------
--Bellerin------------------------------Tierney--
--------------Torreria----Ndidi------------------
----------------------Özil--------------------------
---------------Laca---------Pea-------------------

or

------------------------Leno-----------------------
---------Maguire------------Sokratis------
--Bellerin------------------------------Tierney--
--------------Torreria----Ndidi------------------
----Mkhi--------------Özil--------------------------
---------------Laca---------Pea-------------------

Ideally swap Maguire and Ndidi for Koulibaily and Rabiot. Pea and Laca can win us the league if we stop gifting goals.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The problem is that improving our attack wouldn't make us title contenders. If we had a more stable back line and midfield area then we have enough attacking prowess in Özil, Laca, Auba and Pea plus exciting youngsters like SMith-Rowe, Nelson, Iwobi, Nketiah and Saka.

I could stomach the whole budget being spent on a top cb, lb and holding midfielder. It always seems pointless throwing names out there but:
I don’t think improving the defense would do that either tbh. I just think that we’re a bit too lopsided atm with no real winger/wide forward in the team and two good strikers. Ramsey is also leaving this summer and I can’t see Özil stay for another season which means that we have to replace them too. Spending big money on CBs wouldn’t make sense when we have major holes in the attack/midfield to address imo.

truth_hurts

I don’t think improving the defense would do that either tbh. I just think that we’re a bit too lopsided atm with no real winger/wide forward in the team and two good strikers. Ramsey is also leaving this summer and I can’t see Özil stay for another season which means that we have to replace them too. Spending big money on CBs wouldn’t make sense when we have major holes in the attack/midfield to address imo.

Completely agree that the team is imbalanced. I'd rather watch a solid team with a bit of magic at the other end than a leaky team defensively with gaping holes but exceptional forwards. I think there are enough goals in our team and we are great at home. We need to be more resilient and rugged away from home though.

I reckon that if we gave Mkhi and Özil more licence we'd be fine.

Not like for like players, but I'd replace Ramsey with Mkhi. We definitely could do with some pace in attack to replace Welbeck. Nelson +1 would do nicely.

ArsenalFever

Lets say theirs roughly £130 million to spend, a CB and wide player will almost be certainties imo, also, I see why they may want to splash out on a RB or LB, but the £40 million rumours spreading around the media for either position seem absurd considering the current quality occupying them positions, £40 million+ seems more likely for a centre midfield signing.

Then theirs Suarez who I think will be signed for £17 million+, I wouldn't be surprised if another striker was signed, although a wide forward player could compensate for that.

Asides from a natural CM signing, a more advanced central forward midfielder would be useful.

truth_hurts

Lets say theirs roughly £130 million to spend, a CB and wide player will almost be certainties imo, also, I see why they may want to splash out on a RB or LB, but the £40 million rumours spreading around the media for either position seem absurd considering the current quality occupying them positions, £40 million+ seems more likely for a centre midfield signing.

Then theirs Suarez who I think will be signed for £17 million+, I wouldn't be surprised if another striker was signed, although a wide forward player could compensate for that.

Asides from a natural CM signing, a more advanced central forward midfielder would be useful.

We definitely need to replace Welbeck in some way, unless of course he stays. We could try and do it with Nketiah and Nelson, but I'd expect there to be some smoke with the Perisic or Lozano fires - neither of whom would be cheap.

You would think a CM would come in with Ramsey and El Nenny seemingly out, but with Torreria, Xhaka and Ghendouzi will it be a starter?

Suarez is a likely signing.

I'd rather spend the majority of our budget on defence to be honest. We can assume that Lichtsteiner, Jenkinson and Chambers are gone. That's 25m plus in the coffers plus a healthy amount in wages. Mustafi and Monreal (sadly) could also leave. That's another 25m plus. I'd happily spend 100m of top cb and full back. That's 50 net spend. Leno, Bellerin, Koscielny, Sokratis, Holding and Kolasinac/Monreal are our only worthy defensive options so we need two more. Buy a cb better than our current options and buy somebody to compete with Kola or Bellerin or Kola AND Bellerin.

I don't see the point in Suarez when we have Iwobi and Mkhi personally so would be happier buying an established cm and replacement for Welbeck with what ever is left.

Names:

Out - Cech, Ospina, Jenkinson, Lictstenier, Monreal (reluctantly), Chambers, Mustafi, El Nenny, AMN Ramsey (sad), Smith-Rowe (loan), Nelson (loan), Welbeck. Total 60-100m

IN - Koulibailly (lol) or Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Tierney/Gaya OUR budget

Plus Perisic and Banega from sales.

In -

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Budget: €80m (conservative)

Out: Cech (free), Ospina (3.5m), Lichtsteiner (free), Jenkinson (free), Koscielny (5m), Mustafi (25m), Chambers (20m), Kolasinac (30m), Xhaka (40m), Bielik (1m), Elneny (15m), Ramsey (free), Iwobi (25m), Özil (15m?), Asano (3m), Saka (loan), Nketiah (loan)
Total: €182.5m + €80m = €260m~
Wages saved: ~1.3 million pounds weekly.

In: Wan-Bissaka (€40m), Tah/Rugani (€30m), Konate (€25m), Tierney (€25m), Fornals (€25m), Bergwijn (€30m), Barella (€40m)
Total: €215m~

Leno / Martinez
AWB / Bellerin - Sokratis / Konate - Tah / Holding - Tierney / Monreal
Torreira / AMN - Barella / Guendouzi
Mkhitaryan / Nelson - Fornals / ESR - Bergwijn / Ameachi
Aubameyang / Lacazette
Naturally, way too ambitious. Doubt Xhaka will be replaced or Iwobi sold. Guess a Aarons-type signing is more likely than AWB. Would be open to keeping Özil, but I think he will be off this summer. If we sell Özil we should keep Mkhi, otherwise I'm open to replacing Mkhi.

I'd like to be more ambitious and get Aouar or Havertz instead of Fornals. Really like Fornals though. Nkunku seems a good bargain to add to the midfield, but then Willock should be loaned.

If I look at this I think we can buy many good players for decent fees. Don't necessarily have to buy €60m+ players.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Budget: €80m (conservative)

Out: Cech (free), Ospina (3.5m), Lichtsteiner (free), Jenkinson (free), Koscielny (5m), Mustafi (25m), Chambers (20m), Kolasinac (30m), Xhaka (40m), Bielik (1m), Elneny (15m), Ramsey (free), Iwobi (25m), Özil (15m?), Asano (3m), Saka (loan), Nketiah (loan)
Total: €182.5m + €80m = €260m~
Wages saved: ~1.3 million pounds weekly.

In: Wan-Bissaka (€40m), Tah/Rugani (€30m), Konate (€25m), Tierney (€25m), Fornals (€25m), Bergwijn (€30m), Barella (€40m)
Total: €215m~

Leno / Martinez
AWB / Bellerin - Sokratis / Konate - Tah / Holding - Tierney / Monreal
Torreira / AMN - Barella / Guendouzi
Mkhitaryan / Nelson - Fornals / ESR - Bergwijn / Ameachi
Aubameyang / Lacazette
Naturally, way too ambitious. Doubt Xhaka will be replaced or Iwobi sold. Guess a Aarons-type signing is more likely than AWB. Would be open to keeping Özil, but I think he will be off this summer. If we sell Özil we should keep Mkhi, otherwise I'm open to replacing Mkhi.

I'd like to be more ambitious and get Aouar or Havertz instead of Fornals. Really like Fornals though. Nkunku seems a good bargain to add to the midfield, but then Willock should be loaned.

If I look at this I think we can buy many good players for decent fees. Don't necessarily have to buy €60m+ players.

Excellent list of incomings.

I believe Chambers would command Mustafi's asking price & vice versa.

I'd keep Iwobi & bin Xhaka if we can get either Partey or Porto's Danilo.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
How about a new look Arsenal with some British talent :)

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis De Ligt Alaba
Torreira Maddison Doucoure
Bale Lacazette Hudson-Odoi​

Latest posts+

Top Bottom