• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monchi Targeted for Technical Director Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Kudos to his work at Sevilla, but I'm still not sure it's a good idea to bring in another acquaintance of Emery/Raul and make the club leadership a complete Spanish Connection. Would have liked someone more removed.

Marc Overmars. Luis Campos who kickstarted Monacos resurgence back in the day and who's now at Lille. Jan Laursen has been at the helm of Nordsjaelland since 2006 and is an interesting candidate for a technical job. Benfica's Rui Costa, maybe even someone like Bocanegra from Atlanta. Guys like Laursen or Bocanegra could maybe even come in in a similar role to Mislintat's old one working under/with Monchi. Max Eberl is a good director. There's surely some guys in backroom offices at Lyon doing neat jobs. The Red Bull franchise is littered with good people who have been working with Ralf Rangnick for years.
This is a genuine concern as if we sack Emery, are staff in other positions sufficiently independent to continue their work after him? We can't be having a massive regular clearance with Raul doing a regular meet and greet.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Mochi seems to be Arsenal bound so I obviously wish him luck. It feels like we've not had any luck for a long time. My main fear is that he isn't going to be one of those one club guys- did well at Sevilla but a mixed bag after that.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I am not Saying Monchi is great, cause I dont really know many names in world of football doing his job, and their records.
but, I am struggling to find bad deals he did until now. I am not talking player/team performances cause from there on thats not where he has control. but signing/selling wise, all of his deals look good or great.

Moratta for example is a long time main guy in Italy doing what Monchi does...yet, Monchi came to Italy and embarrassed Moratta right away with that Zaniolo deal. Just when Inter thought they finally have a class guy doing deals, came Monchi and gave him a nice welcome present

Think we can easily get a winger, cb, lb and a cm (alongside free 3rd keeper) for 60mil after all the sales and free agents leave...

that would set us up nicely, all that is needed are some well calculated good deals, and we have a guy who is considered one of the best at doin so, cant complain

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Well since it’s close to being done, I‘ll stop being a negative nancy.

Hopefully Emery and Monchi can lead us into the next chapter since that is clearly our long term plan.

So what do we see in signings if Monchi is comming?

I would not be suprised if Arsenal says that cause Monchi has not been here long enough to find the right players we are goin for the january window and in january we hear ah no it is to expensive right now so we will go all in in the summer (2020 that is)...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looks like they made him great offer. I read they want to give him bigger role than diractor of football that's why they maybe choosing them

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Shambolic if Arsenal fail to get a DoF in time after letting Mislintat walk after a power struggle, Edu rejecting us, then targeting Emery's old pal who's rather going back into his well made bed in Sevilla after getting mobbed by Roma fans. Seems our Catalan pimp is just as ineffective as baldie Gazidis.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. There's a great number of interesting choices still out there, hopefully the club can get one in for the next window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom