• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

neimad

Costly booking today as he's banned now for the games against Watford and Palace after getting his 10th booking.

Watford are especially physical. Hopefully Kos makes it back in time.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I can tell this thread hasn't been used in a few months, anyway, what is everyones true opinion on Sokratis? Imo one of our best central defenders & should be one of our first picked along with Holding (when fit) , Chambers or Kos/Monreal.

If we manage to purchase 1 more cb then he can takeover from Monreal/Kos.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Sokratis gets exposed slightly by the way we defend and our tactics (or lack of them). On the whole, a very good signing though .

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Well yeah true but that's certainly not his fault about our defence, when we defend I reckon his generally our best. I am very pleased we signed him for a number of years & can hopefully be our most mature if Kos & Monreal leave soon. I think he already is anyway.

Token Yank

Something is off about this guy. Definitely our best defender at the moment but he has that cold dead stare and I truly wonder if anything is actually going on in his mind. Just a constant white noise with nightmarish visions. Feel like every game he could be sent off.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Think he had very good cameo before ref decided to suck some Madrid ****.

he intercepted everything well, and am glad he got pissed about that card

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Think he had very good cameo before ref decided to suck some Madrid ****.

he intercepted everything well, and am glad he got pissed about that card
That reaction was good haha, kicking the ball away in anger, especially in a friendly that probably wasn't a red & I thought that brought us down a notch unfortunately. I don't know, maybe the ref felt like he had to even the game out after their red. Neither I think were a red in a friendly.

He probably is our best defender atm but he does have to calm down a notch near our box. He was our best defender before the red & was playing everything really well. He was paired well with Chambers to start off with I reckon.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Agree, but he has to be smarter on a yellow. He does this too often and hurts the team.

I do agree he does it too often, but that was not a yellow for me in any circumstances, my opinion though.

The ref was begging to even it up; it was preseason and he saw an ideal opportunity, pretty spineless from the ref but it was only preseason so I'm not exactly outraged.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I am genuinely asking this, out of curiosity, how many reds did he get with us, no friendlies?

Transfermarkt says none. Two yellow bans for all in all 3 games. WhoScored and the Premier League webpage say the same. No straight red cards at all, no red yellow, 12 yellows in 18/19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom