• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League Quarter Final: Napoli v Arsenal

Who do you want to draw?

• Total voters

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Last year we lost over two legs to Atletico who are a much superior team to Napoli. We were also in a bad period and weren't able to field Aubameyang.

Positivity people. We will do this.
I'm so positive. I already see us in the final against Chelsea. The only issue is that it goes to penalties and Kepa scores the winning one against Cech.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
In all honesty, this is probably the worst draw Arsenal could have gotten. Napoli is the best non-English team left in the competition (arguably the best team period). If Arsenal gets past them, chances are they'll get Valencia, who has been playing much better lately and begun to score goals again, plus they are very strong defensively (their 23 goals conceded in 27 La Liga games is 2nd only to Atletico Madrid).

Sadly, Chelsea got a favorable draw, avoiding the best teams (although Benfica could provide a challenge if both make the semifinal).

That said, I'm still optimistic about Arsenal's chances based on what I've seen lately (the events at Rennes notwithstanding). In the end, you have to beat whoever is put in front of you to win these things. Maybe having the tougher draw will bring out the best in Arsenal.

Malky

Established Member
Some people on here need to get a ****ing grip, complain that we're not in the Champions League and as soon as we get a draw that has a Champions League feel about it they're complaining that we're not good enough to go through.
For the first time since Atletico I'm actually excited about a Europa League game.
And **** Chelsea, at least if we get into the final now we can say we've earned our right to be there, Chelsea will be there because of the luck of the draw.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
And **** Chelsea, at least if we get into the final now we can say we've earned our right to be there, Chelsea will be there because of the luck of the draw.

Manchester United won it two years ago based somewhat on getting a similar favorable draw and I don't think it dampened their spirits when they lifted the trophy. Chelsea will be no different if they win it. You just have to beat the teams in front of you. There's no shame in winning against teams that may not seem as strong as others. It is what it is. If they win it, they will have earned it. And I don't think any of us would be complaining if Arsenal had gotten their draw.

Vanfrothan

ffs, thanks FA.

I'm sure I just read on arsenal.com that if we reached the semi finals, the Monday game before the first leg (Leicester away I think) will be moving to the Sunday before.

Why will they do that for the semi but not the quarters?!

Am missing something?

First of all hi from Baku, Azerbaijan.

I really hope that we will get to the final and lift the trophy eventually and I will be able to witness it live.

As for the game against Napoli, the good thing for us is that Insigne got injured yesterday and will likely miss the first leg of the tie.

Jae

We will have to beat one of Chelsea or Napoli to win it anyway so I don't see what there is to complain about.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I'm sure I just read on arsenal.com that if we reached the semi finals, the Monday game before the first leg (Leicester away I think) will be moving to the Sunday before.

Why will they do that for the semi but not the quarters?!

Am missing something?
For the Leicester game, Sky can move it back to Sunday because the 12:00 TV slot is free. However, on the Sunday before the Watford game they are showing Wigan/Norwich at 12:00 so it's not possible to move the game back.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
You've just given me a disturbing thought - penalties in the final and Petr Cech in goal. We're doomed I say.
Remember, that match will be the last match in Cech's career and that too against Chelsea. Given the affairs at Chelsea in recent days, won't their players want to give a good farewell for Cech.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Meh, Napoli are nothing special.

giphy.gif

Latest posts+

Top Bottom