• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

carlito'sway

Established Member

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Tore his ****ing ACL a 3rd time sounds like.

Sad news. Hope he figures it all out in retirement.
WAIT WAIT hold up, Frimmy played in the Swedish first league? Had no idea :rofl:, Eskilstuna is only an hour and a half from where I live as well! :lol: To think I missed an opportunity to be blessed by the Dench. :(

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Was actually his torn ACL that messed him up. When he tore it a 2nd time in the same knee, he was never gonna play at the levels he could have had he not gotten injured. Same with Afobe - could have had a way different career were it not for 3 ACL injuries.
I didn't know this. I remember both breaking through and being so hopeful they'd make it here.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Bob Bradley's pep talk has turned Carlos Vela into Lionel Messi. Well, at least close enough for LAFC anyway...

Must be something Bradley does on the training ground, cause that talk was kinda cringey:lol:

Always like Vela, think he could've come good as an understudy/backup to van Persie. The MLS is gradually doing better now, but it's still a bit funny how some decent forward coming from Europe is turning into Messi. I mean Giovinco and Vela always had more in them than what they ended up doing in European leagues, but still.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Must be something Bradley does on the training ground, cause that talk was kinda cringey:lol:

Always like Vela, think he could've come good as an understudy/backup to van Persie. The MLS is gradually doing better now, but it's still a bit funny how some decent forward coming from Europe is turning into Messi. I mean Giovinco and Vela always had more in them than what they ended up doing in European leagues, but still.

To be fair, Vela has some pretty good years at Real Sociedad. He scored 21 goals for them one season. And Giovinco was coming off a 16-goal season for Empoli when he moved. Both made the move when they were 28 years old, as well, so they were still in what would be their prime. But of course MLS just isn't the same level (although the games are entertaining and of an increasingly high quality).

It was difficult for Vela at Arsenal, largely because it took a couple of years before he could even get his work permit, so he had to be loaned out to Spain. Then he had some bad luck with injuries. I was sorry to see him leave, but completely understood his decision. I'm glad he's doing so well in MLS now. He's a lot of fun to watch.

blaze_of_glory

MLS is getting better and better, but I really think increase in the overall level of attacking talent has outpaced the level of defenders and GKs. Which is why guys like Gio and Vela are able to do so well when the come in.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
MLS is getting better and better, but I really think increase in the overall level of attacking talent has outpaced the level of defenders and GKs. Which is why guys like Gio and Vela are able to do so well when the come in.

I think that's true, largely because of the league's financial structure which is geared toward paying big money to stars or potential stars (who usually tend to be forwards or midfielders). There are some excellent goalkeepers in the league, such as Zack Steffen (who will be joining Manchester City in July) and the wonderful Jamaican Andre Blake, along with some older guys such as Howard and Guzan, but there's not the same death in quality as you get with some of the goalscorer and playmakers. Almost every team has some decent attacking players.

Same with defenders, really. The Red Bulls have a couple of good ones in center back Aaron Long and the speedy Jamaican Kemar Lawrence, which is why they had the best defense in the league last year. The defending champs, Atlanta United, have a couple of good ones in the Argentine center back Leandro Gonzalez Pirez and the German fullback Julian Gressel. LAFC has Walker Zimmerman. But again, not the same depth of quality the clubs have up front and in the midfield.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
By the way, for those who may have missed it, Gedion Zelalem became both an ex-Gunner and an MLS player today with his transfer to Sporting Kansas City. Hopefully this move with kickstart his career. Kid has some sublime talents, but it seemed like every time he began to make progress at Arsenal he had some sort of injury setback. His lack of physicality didn't help.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
By the way, for those who may have missed it, Gedion Zelalem became both an ex-Gunner and an MLS player today with his transfer to Sporting Kansas City. Hopefully this move with kickstart his career. Kid has some sublime talents, but it seemed like every time he began to make progress at Arsenal he had some sort of injury setback. His lack of physicality didn't help.

He wowed me during the preseasons when he broke through.

He was immediately hyped. Hope he has a great career

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Emmanuel Frimpong has had to hang up his boots at the age of 27, following a persistent knee injury which has not cleared up.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

blaze_of_glory

THIS IS GOLD

Samir Nasri
He always thought he was some kind of gangster. Everyone has this guy at school, who had strong and big friends and it made him think he’s cool.

Alexandr Hleb
He could have achieved more in football. He still made a great career but he liked to drink.

https://arseblog.news/2019/03/szczesnys-hilarious-assessment-of-former-arsenal-teammates/
So many good ones :lol:

Jack Wilshere
My best friend, alongside [Grzegorz] Krychowiak. At my wedding he got so drunk, we were looking for him everywhere for two hours and found him sleeping in bushes. He had one injury that he never really fixed and it’s caused the next and the next. He’s one of the greatest talents, I ever met. Because of injuries he now plays in West Ham rather than a big European club.

Nicklas Bendtner
One of the most intelligent guys I played with. You see Nick, well-organised, neat, in-form and it seems everything is going great for him. The next day you open a newspaper and read – “Drunk Bendtner driving wrong way” and you are like, what the ****? I don’t know, he’s a guy with two personalities. The most confident guy I played with.

Gervinho
Who thought he would be in the top 40 I played with?! Add one more 0.

Olivier Giroud
The most handsome player I played with, and he knows it. He loves himself, even more than [Grzegorz] Krychowiak. You know, little beard comb, oils for chest. Great guy and a very underrated player.

Andrey Arshavin
Hilarious guy, he has the funniest laugh ever. The season he joined us, we played lots of small games in training and we were like, “wow, we are going to win the league”. We didn’t.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom