• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monchi Targeted for Technical Director Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What's the situation with Rangnick? Sounds like he would be a good appointment for us.

say yes

forum master baiter
This is **** news by the way.

The work on our summer targets should already have started. Need to find the perfect candidate soon.

This is **** news by the way.

The work on our summer targets should already have started. Need to find the perfect candidate soon.

In worst case scenario, Emery will work with our current scouts for new signings. I think we just need to stay positive if that is the case!

Fallout

we should have promoted sven. seemed like a straightforward choice as well.

i understand we could only do loans in the last window, but it bothers me that the player raul and emery chose to bring in was denis suarez, who has literally made zero impact upon arriving. emery probably didnt have enough time to extensively evaluate the player, and raul probably doesnt have a clue. we need a good DOF.

if we dont get monchi then i will have lost some faith in raul's ability to manage. i can only credit him with bad decisions so far.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
we should have promoted sven. seemed like a straightforward choice as well.

Do you think Sven was prepared to offer footballing advice to the manager, take on some of the manager's day-to-day off-the-pitch duties and serve as an intermediary between the manager and the board? Apparently Raul did not think so. Also, they did not share the same vision for how the club should be run in the future. Sven is more an analytics (StatsDNA) kind of guy who relies very little on other scouts. Sanllehi likes a vast network of scouts to uncover talent all over the world. As Honigstein reported when the news broke that Sven would be leaving:

According to club sources, Sanllehi, the former director of football at Barcelona, favoured a recruitment policy based on his extensive network of contacts throughout Europe, while Mislintat had been tasked by Gazidis to follow the kind of analytical and stats-based approach that saw 19-year-old midfielder Matteo Guendouzi join from French second-division club Lorient and 22-year-old Uruguay international Lucas Torreira arrive from Sampdoria.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We should‘ve kicked out Raul Sanllehi, replace him and then promote Sven Mislintat to Technical Director.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Glad this Monchi thing didn't happen. I don't want Arsenal to become a Spanish old boys network.

We need some diversity in our management structure. The idea of setting up the club the exact way Emery had at Sevilla didn't sit right with me.

We should be establishing an Arsenal structure not trying to recreate the conditions that Emery thrived under at Sevilla. The latter supposes that Emery will be here for a decade plus and I don't think that will be the case.

Build our own structure so that whoever is the manager can be successful. To that end, I still don't understand what we're trying to build. A lot of names I haven't heard of before and a lot of positions but I'm still unclear as to what each of them is supposed to be doing.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
We should be establishing an Arsenal structure not trying to recreate the conditions that Emery thrived under at Sevilla.
They did establish a structure, they decided they wanted a Technical Director to work the manager and then identified Monchi as a possible target. They didn't just create an artificial position at the club for one of Emery's old pals.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
They did establish a structure, they decided they wanted a Technical Director to work the manager and then identified Monchi as a possible target. They didn't just create an artificial position at the club for one of Emery's old pals.

It can't have been a very good one if its fallen apart so quickly with Gazidis leaving, then Sven and we still haven't found a technical director. A few people received promotions when Gazidis left and I doubt those promotions were planned.

If there was a good structure in place, then why were Sven and Raul allegedly at loggerheads? It appears to me that although they had different job titles, a few people were stepping on each other's toes because their job functions overlapped.

I take your point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom