• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Would be in favour of this btw. Preferably AMN but I do get the feeling that Nelson's starting to up like so many hyped up youngsters. Good talent but to make it to the top you have to be extra special and swim with the sharks. What's happened with him with Hoffenheim in recent times is quite alarming.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal open to parting with Nelson and/or AMN? @MutableEarth has just thrown a plate against his wall.
If it wasn't complete bollocks :lol:.

And honestly, even if it was true, I'd have to laugh. It would just mean the club would be beginning to turn it's own back on the academy, which I think would be a huge mistake that will set us back in the mid to long term. Can't do anything about that, and at least I enjoy f*ckery just as much as I enjoy football :lol:

benjamin86

Established Member
If it wasn't complete bollocks :lol:.

And honestly, even if it was true, I'd have to laugh. It would just mean the club would be beginning to turn it's own back on the academy, which I think would be a huge mistake that will set us back in the mid to long term. Can't do anything about that, and at least I enjoy f*ckery just as much as I enjoy football :lol:
That would be weird, i don't think either are world class talents but Nelson reminds me a bit of Gnabry and AMN seems to be developing into a very good option at right back and i'm interested in how he'd work as a dm/b2b as being able to drop into rb and lb as a dm would be really useful.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
AMN in the best scenario would be someone like Iwobi! Honestly, I cannot even see him reach half of his level in comming years.
About Nelson, I am a bit skeptical. Gnabry was a fairly better player compared to him, and to be honest, I am not convinced by Gnabry at all. Average player with a hype around him. Just like Koeman. I would be happy to cash both to get a better player. Specifically, I add Wan-Bissaka if we sell Blerin to Barca or City. And we all know selling him will happen very soon ...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Palace would much prefer money if we went in for Wan-B I bet. They would have a few of the top 6 with offers.

Good to see links to starting RBs though not just has-been backups.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That would be weird, i don't think either are world class talents but Nelson reminds me a bit of Gnabry and AMN seems to be developing into a very good option at right back and i'm interested in how he'd work as a dm/b2b as being able to drop into rb and lb as a dm would be really useful.
Very weird. It would not only make no sense, it would be a complete U-turn not just from Wenger's previous ideal to bring through a Hale End-built team (he often referenced his wish to one day have an all-English Arsenal team) but from a principle that the brass (or that fraud Gazidis) swore would remain at Arsenal.

The funny thing is that Arsenal are recently becoming a more aging team, peppered with a few younger players like Iwobi and Bellerin. AMN is staking a claim but he's still finding it hard to get into a rhythm because of how sporadic his playing time is, not to mention the fact that he's not a natural RB. We don't have the funds immediately to us when it comes to replenishing with the better younger talents out there. I think while we do a good job of bringing younger players into the fold, we could do a bit better when it comes to players out of Hale End. I believe we have an excellent set of players from the 98-03 bracket and we should be very careful not to lose them - and if we are to lose them, get top dollar.

As far as world class, I think there is a worldie in Nelson, he just has to start imposing himself more. Can see he thrives playing against peers but shrinks a little when up against the big men while Nagelsmann screams at him for not defending :lol:. He needs to play more to get used to it and acclimatize. It reminds me of when he debuted in the UYL at 15. You could see his talent, but his threat was sporadic when up against the 17-19 year olds at first. Took him a couple games.

benjamin86

Established Member
Very weird. It would not only make no sense, it would be a complete U-turn not just from Wenger's previous ideal to bring through a Hale End-built team (he often referenced his wish to one day have an all-English Arsenal team) but from a principle that the brass (or that fraud Gazidis) swore would remain at Arsenal.

The funny thing is that Arsenal are recently becoming a more aging team, peppered with a few younger players like Iwobi and Bellerin. AMN is staking a claim but he's still finding it hard to get into a rhythm because of how sporadic his playing time is, not to mention the fact that he's not a natural RB. We don't have the funds immediately to us when it comes to replenishing with the better younger talents out there. I think while we do a good job of bringing younger players into the fold, we could do a bit better when it comes to players out of Hale End. I believe we have an excellent set of players from the 98-03 bracket and we should be very careful not to lose them - and if we are to lose them, get top dollar.

As far as world class, I think there is a worldie in Nelson, he just has to start imposing himself more. Can see he thrives playing against peers but shrinks a little when up against the big men while Nagelsmann screams at him for not defending :lol:. He needs to play more to get used to it and acclimatize. It reminds me of when he debuted in the UYL at 15. You could see his talent, but his threat was sporadic when up against the 17-19 year olds at first. Took him a couple games.
AMN has been fantastic last couple of games, if this is his new level and not a purple patch i think Bellerin has a real contest.

I like Nelson but i don't think he's near Sancho for talent and is less talented than Hudson Odoi.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I rate Wan-Bissaka highly from what I've seen. Mixed feelings, but wouldn't be totally opposed to a deal like that, we won't outbid any of the other big clubs who'll be in for him, so this might be what we have to do to have a chance.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Liverpool know when to cash a player. If Ibe, Ings and Solanke were Arsenal players, many people in this forum blindly support them and reject any idea of selling them. Assess a player's potential, if it wasn't convincing, sell him after his first good season! This is how Liverpool earn £54m for those ****ty players. We should do the same. We can get a very good deal from selling AMN & Nelson this year.

benjamin86

Established Member
Palace would much prefer money if we went in for Wan-B I bet. They would have a few of the top 6 with offers.

Good to see links to starting RBs though not just has-been backups.
I would be very surprised if he doesnt end up in Manchester, perfect replacement for Young or Walker.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
AMN has been fantastic last couple of games, if this is his new level and not a purple patch i think Bellerin has a real contest.

I like Nelson but i don't think he's near Sancho for talent and is less talented than Hudson Odoi.
I think he's only very slightly behind both guys in terms of talent - those two are potentially generational IMO, whereas I think Nelson is close but probably will have to exhaust every bit of potential to be thought of in that category. Nevertheless, I think Nelson is now beginning to get a tad underrated and it's quite sad to see people already beginning to turn their backs on him.

benjamin86

Established Member
I think he's only very slightly behind both guys in terms of talent - those two are potentially generational IMO, whereas I think Nelson is close but probably will have to exhaust every bit of potential to be thought of in that category. Nevertheless, I think Nelson is now beginning to get a tad underrated and it's quite sad to see people already beginning to turn their backs on him.
AFC fans boo AMN and Iwobi...we're kind of the worst.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Would love him here but not at the expense of us pushing AMN or Nelson out. I'd actually advocate selling Bellerin as he's sooner likely to go back to Barcelona than hang around here.

Use that money to prize Wan-Bissaka from Palace & sort out our other trouble positions with money from fringe player sales, the existing budget, in addition to (hopefully) Champions League & Adidas money.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Selling Nelson would be nonsensical and unlikely as he's signed a long term deal and his stock will only rise. Loaning him to Palace though would make sense. For the right fee, we should sell AMN. He's not going to start in our midfield and although he's looking a steady right back/wing back, we can upgrade on him. Plus, he may not want to play at full back.

Not happening, but we should offer AMN (makeweight) olus Nelson on loan for Wan Bissaka.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In fact what am I talking about? 40-50m - sell AMN and Jenkinson to the highest bidders for 30 million and just buy Wan Bissaka.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

In fact what am I talking about? 40-50m - sell AMN and Jenkinson to the highest bidders for 30 million and just buy Wan Bissaka.

A much better solution would be selling Chambers & Jenkinson (I'm assuming we can get £35 million for both) & offer that to Palace for Wan-Bissaka on top of another £5 million. They'd accept £40 million I suspect.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we go for Wan Bissaka are we just giving up on Bellerin? I don't think we can do that.

Personally I feel we would be foolish at this stage to get rid of AMN and I feel having watched Chambers he deserves a chance to play for us again.

The obvious candidate who has had enough time to impress is Iwobi. We would manage to get a decent fee.

The most obvious requirements are long term replacements for Koscielny, Monreal and Sokratis whilst binning Muatafi. A young striker wouldn't go amiss either.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom