• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Difference is that ABW would cost upwards of 40/50M while Aarons would probably be 20M at tops.

I don’t think Aarons is bad defensively, if anything he’s a good tackler. Could see him going for crazy money in a few years.

Aarons could well prove to be a fantastic player but he'll be making quite the transition from Championship to Premier League. Wan-Bissaka is almost ending his second season.

Is his reported price hefty? Certainly. But it's a small price to pay in the long run for a quality right back who could cement the place as his own for well over a decade.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Aarons could well prove to be a fantastic player but he'll be making quite the transition from Championshio to Premier League. Wan-Bissaka is almost ending his second season.

Is his reported price hefty? Certainly. But it's a small price to pay in the long run for a quality right back who could cement the place as his own for well over a decade.

In theory yes, if we had no limit to how much money we could spend I’d take AWB.

However it’s just not the case at all, there’s other positions we urgently need more than a RB.

Also if Utd and City are interested I doubt we’ll be able to outbid those two for him.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

These are the sort of signings that take a hovering top four club to contention. Every top team has a bench that could replace most of our starting 11.

I wouldn’t worry about Hector, a good manager would find a way to have them compete and coexist.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wan-Bissaka would be a great signing. He's only 21, even if we paid £40m I think it would be money well spent. The way Kola has been playing we only need a LB if Monreal moves on, so in terms of defence we need Wan-Bissaka at RB and a CB to replace Mustafi who will almost certainly be sold. The only negative would be AMN may find himself back on square one, or even on his way out of the door.

To top it all Wan-Bissaka is from Croydon, the same place as the one and only Kate Moss, we need no other reason to buy a player. Imagine a player with the longevity of Kate but not quite at the same level in their underwear. That would be a player worth having!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don't see what the issue here is - is he better than Bellerin? yes, and that was my opinion before Bellerin was sidelined with a major injury.

Disagree about Bellerin but yes he is a top quality signing who I’d be behind.

Just a shame Pep or Utd will want him as well.

Vantastico

Let's just buy him, and see how it goes?

In all seriousness, we need to adress the left-back position first, unless we want literally any right winger with pace to be a direct threat to score or create huge 100% chances against us.

I'll admit though, I did get carried away by the dream-links to Wan-Bissaka just a little bit. I would offer to trade AMN and some cash for him quite easily, if that were to beat City/Man Utd's offers. (Maybe even include Iwobi and ask for Zaha back in a deal. Would revitalize our squad quite a bit with a strong wind of fresh air.)

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't want to hear you guys crying when we sign him and Mustafi has to play CB because we didn't have funds to buy a CB.

I hope we buy a CB as well but even if we dont Mustafi will surely be gone, that will leave us with Sokratis, Kos, Holding & Mavro, more than enough to make Mustafi surplus to requirement. I'd like to see Medley go out on loan if we have no 1st team plans for him.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If we are keeping Kolasinac then we need to bring in an RB that's good defensively, or if we go into next season with Bellerin in mind as a starter then we need an LB that's good defensively. It's simple as that. Having Kola and Bellerin both starting and bombing forward, it won't matter who we bring in as a cb, our defense will continue being ****.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
That makes sense.

I'm conflicted on this one, though. I have faith Bellerin will return strong, but I doubt he'll be completely ready by the start of next season. Competition will be good for him, so whoever we bring in it has to be a player with a heigh ceiling. At the same time you don't want to blow a big chunk of your budget on a RB when Bellerin is still a good option to claim that spot longterm. On the other hand, AWB seems really impressive defensively and if you get the chance I understand you want to snap him up, especially before your competition does. A big club doesn't let the presence of one player block a golden opportunity, yet we have so many other priorities.

I'm talking in circles and don't know what's smart. It seems prudent to spend not too much money on a player with potential who can immediately fill in for Bellerin, but my gut says I want us to buy AWB. If he usurps Bellerin in the longterm, we can always sell Bellerin later as he represents a lot of value (and probably won't accept a rotation role, understandably).

TornadoTed

Established Member
I am all for fixing the defence here and now with real quality.

I don't think the importance of full backs can be overstated in modern football. We spend £60-70 on AWB and Tierney, add them to Kolasinac and Bellerin and we are arguably as strong as anyone in World football for some time to come.

Throw another £60-70 at Skriniar or someone of that ilk after we can get some money in from the likes of Chambers, Mustafi, Elneny, Monreal etc. to add to our budget. We would look incredibly solid at the back and would close the gap significantly on City and Liverpool.

I was all for getting a winger but with Mkhi looking much more like pre United Mkhi, Özil looking fitter and working harder and Nelson to come back I think we have enough offensive talent for now if it was ahead of a solid defence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom