• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,945

HBL

Established Member
Nketiah scored for the u20’s in a 3-1 defeat, Willock was injured. Greenwood scored twice for the u17’s and Nelson starts for the u21’s

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

As I've been saying for the longest. We will cost ourselves a lot of money if we fail to bring this lot through. It would be a disaster for the club IMO. We could lose a huge chunk of them and for not much money either, while we sign players for much more money who might not even have a ceiling as high as the players we would be letting go.

I mean, whatever happens I'm still gonna support the club, but this would be bad. I honestly hope Emery finds a way to get some of these guys into the team more often. Again, I don't think this is even specifically an Arsenal problem, it's only heightened to me because we have a lot talent coming through currently, more than some people would believe. This is squarely a PL problem. Football League bloods their talent quite frequently and does quite well in doing so. It's the Premier League that's failing it's young talents. It's precisely why Sancho would never have reached the heights he has reached if he stayed at Man City.

If I was any of these players, I would leave England too and go play in another country. Even Chris Willock is starting to thrive at Benfica, reaching double figures in goals for the B team and in line for a first team role next year. I don't want Amaechi, Saka or any of this lot to leave without them getting opportunities - but if I were an agent or close to them and their interests were of central importance to me, I'd advise them to leave too if I'm honest. The PL doesn't give these players enough chances.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

As I've been saying for the longest. We will cost ourselves a lot of money if we fail to bring this lot through. It would be a disaster for the club IMO.

It's the one and only thing I worry about, recently. I am actually pretty happy with our first team and coach.

Clear development to see, outstanding team cohession and some great signings to begin with.

Based on our limitied funds or maybe above, the UNlimited funds of some other clubs, it's now a question of adding incredibly talented players who can rise out of nowhere like Mbappe, Sancho and the likes.

The only thing that differs between our top top talents and those 40-100m talents out there is just a few major showings in senior sides. They can either do it here or on loan for us, or they can sign for some other club to play every game making it us regret in the long term.

I dont see many players out there being valued at ridiculous price tags who have more talent than our fellas comming up.

Some argue we are too big of a club to test them on the big stage regularly without falling out of competition - but haven't Dortmund and many more proven you can, for sure - actually triggering competitiveness by doing so ? It's a misconception on here, that we are bigger and better than all those righ now.

It's a much higher risk to not play them, especially as they cover many positions we suck in anyways.
Having topclass senior players is not an argument we can come up with.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This is squarely a PL problem. Football League bloods their talent quite frequently and does quite well in doing so. It's the Premier League that's failing it's young talents.
As far as I know, we've played in 4 competitions and while I can understand that PL could be too much for them, there is no excuse not to play them in other competitions.
Arsenal is a club that has no business strategy for the last 10 years, and I can't see a single sign of improvement in that area after all the changes we've made since Wenger left.
I guess next year will be crucial for us and it will define this club for the next 5-10 years. Maybe we go full in on young talents with high potential (not only from our academy), maybe we continue with the same failed strategy that we are using for the last 10 years, but we can be sure that we can't match City and United on a big transfer market.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's the one and only thing I worry about, recently. I am actually pretty happy with our first team and coach.

Clear development to see, outstanding team cohession and some great signings to begin with.

Based on our limitied funds or maybe above, the UNlimited funds of some other clubs, it's now a question of adding incredibly talented players who can rise out of nowhere like Mbappe, Sancho and the likes.

The only thing that differs between our top top talents and those 40-100m talents out there is just a few major showings in senior sides. They can either do it here or on loan for us, or they can sign for some other club to play every game making it us regret in the long term.

I dont see many players out there being valued at ridiculous price tags who have more talent than our fellas comming up.

Some argue we are too big of a club to test them on the big stage regularly without falling out of competition - but haven't Dortmund and many more proven you can, for sure - actually triggering competitiveness by doing so ? It's a misconception on here, that we are bigger and better than all those righ now.

It's a much higher risk to not play them, especially as they cover many positions we suck in anyways.
Having topclass senior players is not an argument we can come up with.
PRECISELY!

I think a couple of problem positions for us going forward will be LB and CB. We have promising CBs but I still think a more dominant CB in his mid 20s. LB we don't have anyone ready to take over from Monreal and surge past Kolasinac.

But the forward positions we can potentially sacrifice because we have some serious talent there. I'd probably only bring in one winger if possible and then sell one of Iwobi/Mhkitaryan or loan Amaechi/Saka with new deals in tow. I think with some more trust and senior appearance, we'll see them thrive eventually.

As far as I know, we've played in 4 competitions and while I can understand that PL could be too much for them, there is no excuse not to play them in other competitions.
Arsenal is a club that has no business strategy for the last 10 years, and I can't see a single sign of improvement in that area after all the changes we've made since Wenger left.
I guess next year will be crucial for us and it will define this club for the next 5-10 years. Maybe we go full in on young talents with high potential (not only from our academy), maybe we continue with the same failed strategy that we are using for the last 10 years, but we can be sure that we can't match City and United on a big transfer market.
Much will depend on who's driving the recruitment policy. If it's Emery, I can see a lot of experienced signings, which might get us results in the short term, but may affect us long term. This is why the Sporting Director is such a pertinent topic of interest despite it seeming a benign position. It's important we shift focus towards relatively young talents on the cusp of greatness with the odd big deal here and there, and leave the squad roles to our Hale End crop. Building that type of squad will set us up nicely for the near future IMO.

Top Bottom