• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Technical Director Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
No idea about the man - anyone kind enough to give some insight ? :)

Signed James Rodriguez, Bernardo Silva, Djibril Sidibe, Benjamin Mendy and Tiemoue Bakayoko when he was sports coordinator and technical director at Monaco. Is now at Lille. Has been strongly linked to Chelsea lately. Formerly a scout for Real Madrid. Before that a manager in Portugal.

By the way, this report originally came from Italy's Tuttomercatoweb. The article was actually about Roma's interest in luring him to replace Monchi, but it mentioned interest from Chelsea and Arsenal. I hope this is true because he's brilliant, but if Arsenal truly wants someone who either has worked with Emery or been at Arsenal, he doesn't fit that.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Campos gives us a legit shot at signing Nicolas Pepe then he will already be worth it.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Signed James Rodriguez, Bernardo Silva, Djibril Sidibe, Benjamin Mendy and Tiemoue Bakayoko when he was sports coordinator and technical director at Monaco. Is now at Lille. Has been strongly linked to Chelsea lately. Formerly a scout for Real Madrid. Before that a manager in Portugal.

By the way, this report originally came from Italy's Tuttomercatoweb. The article was actually about Roma's interest in luring him to replace Monchi, but it mentioned interest from Chelsea and Arsenal. I hope this is true because he's brilliant, but if Arsenal truly wants someone who either has worked with Emery or been at Arsenal, he doesn't fit that.

Also worth mentioning his probably most important signing for Monaco: Leonardo Jardim.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not sure I quite even understand what they're saying here. Steve Morrow is getting a promotion, but not to technical director. He'll work alongside Cagigao as part of a 3-man team. Arsenal is still looking for an external candidate to hire as a technical director or a sporting director or something. I don't know.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not sure I quite even understand what they're saying here. Steve Morrow is getting a promotion, but not to technical director. He'll work alongside Cagigao as part of a 3-man team. Arsenal is still looking for an external candidate to hire as a technical director or a sporting director or something. I don't know.

Seems like the directoral/recruitment team is being somewhat blurred, and they're gonna bring in a director to work alongside the other two.

Seems.......a tad excessive. I guess it works if everyone is on the same page.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Seems like the directoral/recruitment team is being somewhat blurred, and they're gonna bring in a director to work alongside the other two.

I'm beginning to see why Wenger was allowed to function as mister do it all for so many years

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm beginning to see why Wenger was allowed to function as mister do it all for so many years
Dein's departure left them in a corner IMO - no other footballing presence beyond Wenger was the big failing. When the furthermost footballing mind involved was Arsène himself for so long, it's no surprise that we're now beginning to see a loss of identity from the top down. If anything, the one person who seems to be keeping us relatively stable, ironically, is Unai Emery. I'm dubious about the future with him at the helm and beyond but he's doing well enough by scraping some pretty decent results. If he gets CL, I think we can definitely call him a success.

But it will be paper over cracks IMO. We need more progressive football minds involved at board/directorial level. I hope Sanllehi manages to get it sorted quickly.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Could be. Damned if I know. :lol:

Just thinking though, since both Morrow and Cagigao have extensive backgrounds in scouting maybe they'll, in a way, be sharing Mislintat's duties with Morrow continuing to focus on youth (and possibly domestic) scouting with Cagigao still on international scouting, but both with more responsibilities. Then maybe they'll hire a technical director or sporting director (as termed in the article) to (among other things) oversee them. That way at least there's a chain of command.

I don't know. I suppose we'll find out in time. Maybe (surely) what they have in mind is more clear than this article, which is rather vague and seems a bit all over the place.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dein's departure left them in a corner IMO - no other footballing presence beyond Wenger was the big failing. When the furthermost footballing mind involved was Arsène himself for so long, it's no surprise that we're now beginning to see a loss of identity from the top down. If anything, the one person who seems to be keeping us relatively stable, ironically, is Unai Emery. I'm dubious about the future with him at the helm and beyond but he's doing well enough by scraping some pretty decent results. If he gets CL, I think we can definitely call him a success.

But it will be paper over cracks IMO. We need more progressive football minds involved at board/directorial level. I hope Sanllehi manages to get it sorted quickly.
Yup, every decision is better if you can get at least two or three opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom