• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
the only way I would consider a young talented fullback come in a good move, is if he was comfortable playing both sides of the defense.
Even then, his ''preferable" side would ideally be on the left, knowing we have some talented RB's coming thru academy, with Bellerin already there as an automatic starter

ChefMan21

It seems a luxury signing at this point in time. Our squad isn't terrible by any means - we're challenging for a Champions League spot - but we want to be challenging for the title. Fix the core issues first in my view.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There's no guarantees that Bellerin is 1) back by the start of the next season and 2) that he'll be back the same player he was. We need to be preparing accordingly. We absolutely cannot be going into the new season with AMN, Jenko or Lichsteiner starting games. If we're looking to progress anyways. Even if Bellerin does come back the same player he'll need competition and let's be honest at times his defensive work leaves a lot to be desired. I mean he's good 1 on 1 with a winger but a lot of times his position and his tendency to be caught is a bit of a worry. It's not as if he's improved a lot in that regard. Even offensively it's not as if he's a superb crosser or an excellent dribbler. He's about as useful as Kolasinac is going forward and I wouldn't exactly be trilled to see Kola continue as our first choice LB.

Also people go on about more important issues. Like what? I mean if we get CL we should have enough for both Wan Bissaka and a winger, a left-back would be ideal too but it's not as if we're gonna be signing 5 or 6 starting players. Also there's still the possibility to sell a few players and if certain players go we can free up A LOT in terms of wages.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It seems a luxury signing at this point in time. Our squad isn't terrible by any means - we're challenging for a Champions League spot - but we want to be challenging for the title. Fix the core issues first in my view.
Hurts to say, but it's true. Not happening in our wettest, wildest dreams anyway. We're not in a position to have Bellerin and this guy fighting over the RB slot. As great as that'd be, we're not City.

If I were manager and he was open to a move here, I'd move Bellerin on.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Signing AWB when you have Bellerin could be like signing Sagna when you have Eboue, problem is that with a limited budget the rest of the team isn't strong enough to focus on those kinds of upgrades.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Signing AWB when you have Bellerin could be like signing Sagna when you have Eboue, problem is that with a limited budget the rest of the team isn't strong enough to focus on those kinds of upgrades.
Wenger murdered Eboue. Blood on his hands to this day. If he didn't sign Sagna, Eboue wouldn't now be sleeping on next mans sofa.

Reactions: A_G

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
There's no guarantees that Bellerin is 1) back by the start of the next season and 2) that he'll be back the same player he was. We need to be preparing accordingly. We absolutely cannot be going into the new season with AMN, Jenko or Lichsteiner starting games. If we're looking to progress anyways. Even if Bellerin does come back the same player he'll need competition and let's be honest at times his defensive work leaves a lot to be desired. I mean he's good 1 on 1 with a winger but a lot of times his position and his tendency to be caught is a bit of a worry. It's not as if he's improved a lot in that regard. Even offensively it's not as if he's a superb crosser or an excellent dribbler. He's about as useful as Kolasinac is going forward and I wouldn't exactly be trilled to see Kola continue as our first choice LB.

Also people go on about more important issues. Like what? I mean if we get CL we should have enough for both Wan Bissaka and a winger, a left-back would be ideal too but it's not as if we're gonna be signing 5 or 6 starting players. Also there's still the possibility to sell a few players and if certain players go we can free up A LOT in terms of wages.

The thing is that we need a winger, a CB, and replace Ramsey before even thinking about AWB.

Those 3 targets should cost us 90% of our summer budget.
With the last 10% we should use it to find a good GK number 2 and a decent option at RB.

Maybe next summer if he's still available, why not.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The thing is that we need a winger, a CB, and replace Ramsey before even thinking about AWB.

Those 3 targets should cost us 90% of our summer budget.
With the last 10% we should use it to find a good GK number 2 and a decent option at RB.

Maybe next summer if he's still available, why not.

Well obviously we need a winger. But in terms of CB we have Koscielny, Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi and Mavropanos with Chambers there too, heck even Bielik might be in with a decent shout if we're talking about last resort but that's a lot options to get through. With RB if Bellerin isn't ready or comes back not as good straight away then we're down to a 36 year old well past it RB, Jenko and a midfielder willing in. Koscielny and Sokratis have been an excellent partnership, Holding was superb before the injury and Mavro still has potential there. Mustafi is obviously someone i'd like to see the back of, while Monreal could play as part of a back three if needs be. As for Ramsey replacement, it mightn't necessarily be as expensive as we might think. I mean what if we go for Rabiot who'll be free or Nkunku who'll not cost an awful lot.

If Wan Bissaka costs £40 million (I'd guess in around that, possibly 10 million more) that's still less than half our budget before player sales/getting players on huge wages off the wage bill. I think he's far too good a player not to try and sign.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We need a rb though!!

Right now Arsenal only needs a short-term right back to back up Maitland-Niles until Bellerin is ready to go. They don't need a long-term starting right back. They already have one of those. A left back is more of a need and most certainly a center back (they need to replace Mustafi, can't depend on Koscielny staying healthy -- plus next year will probably be his last at the club anyway -- Mavrapanos hasn't played enough and Chambers certainly isn't the answer). They can live with Maitland-Niles for a couple of months if they need to.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Well obviously we need a winger. But in terms of CB we have Koscielny, Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi and Mavropanos with Chambers there too, heck even Bielik might be in with a decent shout if we're talking about last resort but that's a lot options to get through. With RB if Bellerin isn't ready or comes back not as good straight away then we're down to a 36 year old well past it RB, Jenko and a midfielder willing in. Koscielny and Sokratis have been an excellent partnership, Holding was superb before the injury and Mavro still has potential there. Mustafi is obviously someone i'd like to see the back of, while Monreal could play as part of a back three if needs be. As for Ramsey replacement, it mightn't necessarily be as expensive as we might think. I mean what if we go for Rabiot who'll be free or Nkunku who'll not cost an awful lot.

If Wan Bissaka costs £40 million (I'd guess in around that, possibly 10 million more) that's still less than half our budget before player sales/getting players on huge wages off the wage bill. I think he's far too good a player not to try and sign.

Chambers should be sold. He isn't even playing as a CB at Fulham and I don't think we should rely on him for the CM spot.

We only have 3 decent CB in the squad who are reliable: Sokratis Koscielny and Holding.
One of them has a long term injury and it might take time for him to come back 100% healthy.
The other one is Koscielny even though he's been superb we can't rely on him to stay healthy for 50+ games.
Sokratis is ok.

Mustafi should be sold. He's cost us so many goals we shouldn't rely on him anymore even as a bench option.
Mavro hasn't play a PL game this year I think he's still far away from being a regular member of the first team. Tbf he should be loaned next year.
And Bieilik isn't a member of our first team so we shouldn't rely on him.

This team really needs a very good and reliable CB. We can't rely on the same players we relied on this season. Our defense has been a huge mess until Koscielny came back on form.

I do agree with you though, we need a RB, but not a £40/50M one.

As for the midfield spot Rabiot isn't coming here he had issues with Unai who saw him as a DM and he wants to play as a CM.
+ his wage demands are crazy that's why PSG & Barca have both backed off. He isn't worth it.

Nkunku is a prospect, he doesn't have the level to be a starter yet.

To replace Ramsey I think we need a signing like Torreira: a 22/25 yrs old <£30M signing, who's good enough to improve us right now and who still have room from improvement.
Players like Zielinski & Fornals, who could also replace Xhaka in the long term even though he's had a very good season, I still don't trust Granit to be the default starter for Arsenal. He should be a very useful and important squad player who would be our first option from the bench in the midfield.

The way I do see our spending this summer is something like this:
- £40M CB
- £40/50M winger
- £30M CM
- £10M backup RB & £10M max backup GK

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

so you are going to mention Mavropanos, Chambers, heck even Bielik as our CB's to make it a good number

yet, you'll ignore Osei-Tutu and Daley Campbella if already mentioning young players. at the same time you are going to make it sound like Lich is our backup RB next season also alongside Jenko.

poor argument that is. could it just be that there are other options too? its not either Bissaka or Lich and Jenko

Top Bottom