• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal mid-season break in Dubai

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Lol come on, Germany have the luxury to bin Hummels and Boateng and still play the likes of Sule Tah and Rudiger

Hummels is done.

What does it say about Mustafi that he can't get into the team even as a squad member after 2 starters were banished?

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Hummels is done.

What does it say about Mustafi that he can't get into the team even as a squad member after 2 starters were banished?

I don't disagree with your opinion of Mustafi, he shouldn't be anywhere near the German NT regardless of their other options. I just thought it's a bit unfair to question their quality as they are still a good side

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Mavropanos & Jenkinson have been our best defenders today (excluding Leno), Mustafi has to go. Suarez looks like a guy who could gain an official contract for us, he has impressed me quite a bit. Medley is out of position but he may be able to impress as a cb. Amaechi has done well on the dribbling & speed.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
How did he play?

I didn't bother to watch, but per Charles Watts' player ratings:

Xavier Amaechi

Couldn't really get into the game on the right hand side. When he did get on the ball, he looked to run at his man, but his impact was limited. Had one shot at goal which went well wide. Replaced at half-time. 5

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
So, judging from the player ratings, Suarez had an excellent game, especially in the first half; Özil really shined in the second half, Maitland-Niles was fantastic after coming on, John-Jules looked very good, Pleguezuelo was really comfortable on the ball but got caught out of position late and gave up a penalty, Mavropanos grew into the game and both Mustafi and Medley were godawful. Is that about right?

So, judging from the player ratings, Suarez had an excellent game, especially in the first half; Özil really shined in the second half, Maitland-Niles was fantastic after coming on, John-Jules looked very good, Pleguezuelo was really comfortable on the ball but got caught out of position late and gave up a penalty, Mavropanos grew into the game and both Mustafi and Medley were godawful. Is that about right?

I can confirm that Mustafi was godawful and I forgot about the game so I didn't watch it. Hopefully he likes the sun and both parties can come to agreement by leaving him in Dubai.

Glad to hear with John-Jules and Maitland-Niles! This is what we need more of!

HBL

Established Member
How did he play?
Not too bad, couldn't really get into the game. We were poor in the first half, had a few nice moments. Would've preferred if we had kept him on. Not sure I really agree with many of those player ratings.

Top Bottom