• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal mid-season break in Dubai

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How was the game? Heard Mustafi was terrible again.

Glad the youngsters get a run out. John Jules scoring is a pleasant surprise!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watched the game.

AMN was the best player of everyone that played. Dunno what's happened to him since the United game but someone has lit the hottest of fires under his arse. I want to see him maintain that level of intensity now.

Sheaf and Gilmour looked very one-note - they move the ball around OK but didn't really control the game the way I would have liked them to. They had 2 very similar games that I watched for the U23s this season as a midfield 2 - in fact, they were pretty poor in those games. I like the two players individually but I think they should be candidates to leave soon - pains me to say as I'm a huge fan of Sheaf but it might be best for him .

I really enjoyed Suarez' performance aswell. I guess that's the player they were looking for when they signed him. Problem is if he can up the intensity when it matters. Let's see.

Defense was a problem. Medley shoehorned into LB and didn't look comfy. Thompson looked a lot more capable in the position. Mustafi is a f*cking clown and the sooner he's gone the better. Mavropanos is already better than him and he's not even fit nor completely ready. Jenks was decent.

Really wanted to see Amaechi do well but he played a pretty one-dimensional game. Definitely exciting, but having assessed his 45 mins with the first team - and I'd like to see more of him in this setting, as a caveat - he's still pretty raw in some ways. I'm eager to see more but my expectations are a lot more tempered now.

The youngsters in the 2nd half were better. Thompson and Osei-Tutu slotted in, Olayinka also looked far more interesting in a first team capacity than Sheaf and Gilmour. Strong, physical but comfy technically. John-Jules was excellent leading the line, pressing and harrying and taking his goal very well.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Watched the game.

AMN was the best player of everyone that played. Dunno what's happened to him since the United game but someone has lit the hottest of fires under his arse. I want to see him maintain that level of intensity now.

Sheaf and Gilmour looked very one-note - they move the ball around OK but didn't really control the game the way I would have liked them to. They had 2 very similar games that I watched for the U23s this season as a midfield 2 - in fact, they were pretty poor in those games. I like the two players individually but I think they should be candidates to leave soon - pains me to say as I'm a huge fan of Sheaf but it might be best for him .

I really enjoyed Suarez' performance aswell. I guess that's the player they were looking for when they signed him. Problem is if he can up the intensity when it matters. Let's see.

Defense was a problem. Medley shoehorned into LB and didn't look comfy. Thompson looked a lot more capable in the position. Mustafi is a f*cking clown and the sooner he's gone the better. Mavropanos is already better than him and he's not even fit nor completely ready. Jenks was decent.

Really wanted to see Amaechi do well but he played a pretty one-dimensional game. Definitely exciting, but having assessed his 45 mins with the first team - and I'd like to see more of him in this setting, as a caveat - he's still pretty raw in some ways. I'm eager to see more but my expectations are a lot more tempered now.

The youngsters in the 2nd half were better. Thompson and Osei-Tutu slotted in, Olayinka also looked far more interesting in a first team capacity than Sheaf and Gilmour. Strong, physical but comfy technically. John-Jules was excellent leading the line, pressing and harrying and taking his goal very well.

Thank you for this!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I saw the game, those player ratings were a bit harsh I reckon. Mavropanos deserved higher then a 6, Suarez played pretty well, one of our better players in the 1st half. Medley didnt look comfortable on the left but I'd wait till he gets a go centrally. Apart from the stupid late challenge by Plegezuelo I was happy with him. Tutu played well when he got a go, Jules played very well up front, very happy with his goal.

If Thompson is a proper lb I dont know why they didnt start with him on the left & bring Medley in centrally later on. Thompson was alright but not the best. Jenkinson was one of the better players too in the 1st half. Happy to see Sheaf get a full game, he linked up well & played a few quick passes. Gilmour I didnt see much of unfortunately. I liked Amaechis dribbling but I was hoping for a bit more from him. Mavropanos played so much better then Mustafi haha, Mustafi seriously is not good enough for us, he has to go. Olayinka I didnt see much of either unfortunately.

Gursha

How was the game? Heard Mustafi was terrible again.

Glad the youngsters get a run out. John Jules scoring is a pleasant surprise!

Mustafi is a guy that goes all in, no matter the circumstances no matter the opponent no matter anything...
I saw a stupid tweet with the clip of VVD marking Gnabry on his goal for Germany, claiming this prove he sucks, when actually when you look at it and you understand football, you realize it even farther proves how good VVD is, he closed him down to perfection and sometimes the execution is just too good to be stopped.

Then you look at mustafi... throw himself at a barely controlled ball to attempt and block a shot he imagine in his head...

I think if we managed to live in his head during a game, every little thing is a catastrophic danger and must be going full speed all in tackle to be saved...

This guy had 0 composure off the ball, ZERO

Watching his approach to attacks compared to, say, koscielny... is immense, kos emmits calmness and control of the situation, while mustafi bleeds panic all over the place.

Why is he considered anywhere around good? ( bottom line is We bought him...) its because when you go all in all the time, some of them work, and you look like youre a genius... thats what i think...

Gursha

If Messi had scored Jenks goal it would be all over the net to prove he is the best player in history.
You mean if messi passed the initial pass to jenko? i agree

What was special about his goal, blasts an easy chance to the bar then flufed the rebound in lol
The pass was the impressive feat of this move...

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You mean if messi passed the initial pass to jenko? i agree

What was special about his goal, blasts an easy chance to the bar then flufed the rebound in lol
The pass was the impressive feat of this move...
Come on! The ease with which he hits shots with right and left, the speed of reaction, the quick thinking. Impressive. That's going into his greatest hits dvd.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
So Suarez had a good game? I didn't see it but when I had a quick look at 60 mins he was still on the pitch. Did he play the whole game?

he played with ease. had some great footwork and dribblings, was always on the move looking for the ball. he is a tiki taka player and it was refreshing to see that even in a friendly, missed a bit of that.
he also had some well timed and controlled tackles which was a nice bonus.
it's up to him to show more fire
in his style, seams like he has a bit of Özil body language

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Why is he considered anywhere around good? ( bottom line is We bought him...) its because when you go all in all the time, some of them work, and you look like youre a genius... thats what i think...

He's pretty good at defending routine long balls with his head tbh.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
he played with ease. had some great footwork and dribblings, was always on the move looking for the ball. he is a tiki taka player and it was refreshing to see that even in a friendly, missed a bit of that.
he also had some well timed and controlled tackles which was a nice bonus.
it's up to him to show more fire
in his style, seams like he has a bit of Özil body language

Thanks, I managed to see the highlights but they were very short. I know some people feel we'll send him back in the summer but I'm not so sure. Obviously some game time before the season ends will make the decision easier.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thanks, I managed to see the highlights but they were very short. I know some people feel we'll send him back in the summer but I'm not so sure. Obviously some game time before the season ends will make the decision easier.
I don't think we're sending him back either. I think he has shown glimpses of what he was brought in for and he has done so in very limited game time...
He's hardly played this season and as a result his confidence and his match fitness are not what they should be. There are quite a few fixtures till the end of the season still to get a good look at him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom