• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
July 6: Borehamwood v Arsenal XI
July 15: Colorado Rapids v Arsenal
July 17: Arsenal v Bayern
July 20: Fiorentina v Arsenal
July 24: Arsenal v Real Madrid
July 28: Arsenal v Lyon
July 31: Angers v Arsenal
August 4: Barcelona v Arsenal
August 11: Premier League season begins against Newcastle

Good level of opponents, but a lot of travelling

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Wonder who will be going with the squad....
Might actually be a full squad apart from Torreira, Elneny and Iwobi, that could limit the amount of youngsters we see. The last time we were in this situation between WC/Euros was 2015, when Akpom/Zelelam/Crowley/Jeff/Willock/Iwobi went on tour.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Might actually be a full squad apart from Torreira, Elneny and Iwobi, that could limit the amount of youngsters we see. The last time we were in this situation between WC/Euros was 2015, when Akpom/Zelelam/Crowley/Jeff/Willock/Iwobi went on tour.
That's what I suspect also. Probably the strongest will go if they aren't loaned yet - Willock, Nelson, Nketiah, Saka and Smith-Rowe.....possibly Amaechi but just going by the size of squad he might miss out. I expect a full strength squad. Unfortunate in some respects but a benefit to the first team in terms of getting ready. I'm also intrigued by the prospect of reinforcements before then - hopefully a left back and a CB will come in.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Definitely driving down for the Real Madrid match and debating whether I want to fly out for Bayern.

That's what I suspect also. Probably the strongest will go if they aren't loaned yet - Willock, Nelson, Nketiah, Saka and Smith-Rowe.....possibly Amaechi but just going by the size of squad he might miss out. I expect a full strength squad. Unfortunate in some respects but a benefit to the first team in terms of getting ready. I'm also intrigued by the prospect of reinforcements before then - hopefully a left back and a CB will come in.

Hoping for a statement that at least two of them will be taken with the squad and are now trusted within the firs team and considered as players who can come on in any game. Nelson being either of them, Smith-Rowe or Nketiah other. Maybe both.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What is the point of facing opponents like this?

We should go on tour to some remote country with little attention so we can focus on training not getting mobbed by fans

Face teams below us in skill so we can really drill tactics/formations we lack

You learn by succeding, build confidence by winning.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

We should go on tour to some remote country with little attention so we can focus on training not getting mobbed by fans

Beating a bunch of farmers 8-0 doesn’t build anything. Preseason is about building fitness.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Beating a bunch of farmers 8-0 doesn’t build anything. Preseason is about building fitness.

We clearly need Tactical schooling to

How do you build fitness by going to The US and doing silly stuff with james corden?

Go to a frekkin hilly Island and run the fookers ragged

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
And we lose money by not being in the CL...

Going to a remote country and playing lesser teams doesn't guarantee you anything. On the contrary, playing better teams can show you the level you are currently and which segments of the game you must work on.

We already went down the road of playing some 2nd tier teams from Poland in the middle of Austrian Alps and I don't think we saw any dramatic improvements from previous seasons because of it.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Going to a remote country and playing lesser teams doesn't guarantee you anything. On the contrary, playing better teams can show you the level you are currently and which segments of the game you must work on.

We already went down the road of playing some 2nd tier teams from Poland in the middle of Austrian Alps and I don't think we saw any dramatic improvements from previous seasons because of it.

Didnt work them hard enough

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
PTnw1S1R
Untitled.jpg

Good level of opponents, but a lot of travelling
Will probably make trek to RM or Roma game. DC a bit more of a trek than Charlotte, but opponent perhaps worth it (and will be flying either way).

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
that's great exposure for the women's team, and Lyon is a great opponent for the men

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

No that is how you build arrogance and delusional self-belief. These are professional football players. They need to be challenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom