• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal beat Chelsea in shirt sales

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hardly surprising, Chelski don't have big players anymore

Personally, Don't think I will ever buy a branded replica as they charge ridiculous prices.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I think that a club with a history of ours will continue to be mainstays in the football world while CHelsea have a failing movdel and an owner who is fast losing interest. Ergo, their plastic fans (of which there are many) will fall by the way side. Not surprised

Their traditional diehards will stay but they will lose the massive chunk of success fans they have.

Dortmund - although of course having taken a completely different road to success as Chelsea - are a good example of such fan fluctuations based on recent success. When they won the league and got into the CL final, dozens of people - even some who weren't interested in football at all before - suddenly became football fans and ran around in BvB kits. When they started to not win things anymore, those people were gone and "fans" of the next club. Marketing and the general shift of football towards more of an entertainment business and less an actual sport does surely play a role, too, in these sales and sales fluctuations. The big problem for Chelsea is they never built much of a modern brand identity so their fandom will rise and fall with the amount of money put in by its owner. I think they are far from a global brand.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Don't think Chelsea will lose a lot of fans, they just won't win any new fans when they remain where they are.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The big problem for Chelsea is they never built much of a modern brand identity so their fandom will rise and fall with the amount of money put in by its owner. I think they are far from a global brand.

Agree with this, Chelsea and all their titles/trophies really failed to make much impact with the brand, I think they tried to make it in the U.S when they should have tried elsewhere.

They also come across as quite an ugly club, a lot of stuff they have done since the takeover has been pretty off putting.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
arsenal.jpg

Top Bottom