• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Umtiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Thought this was worth it's own thread. Being linked quite a bit to Umtiti seeing as Barca are signing De Ligt and we have the connection with Raul.

There are concerning rumours about his current injury though, I heard he needs surgery which could keep him out up to a year? Anyone got more info on his injury troubles?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Anyone got more info on his injury troubles?
From December:
At the club they are worried about him. Since September 28 Umtiti has been out and has only played once since then, against Atletico at the Wanda.

The recommendation from some was that Umtiti should take surgery. He had some pains since May last season.

Umtiti is young and this knee cartilage problem is not usual in players as young as him. There are parts of loose cartilage, something that forced Carles Puyol to retire.

Some Barcelona staff think that Umtiti has let time get away from him and if he had been operated on after the Russia World Cup then he would be ready to come back now.

Work in the gym - strengthening quads and other muscles nearby - is insufficient and taking on the regeneration of cartilage is complicated.

Umtiti has had various therapies. There is worry and optimism about him. Treatments have worked before to prolong the life of the knee and that is important when we’re talking about an elite footballer who is only 25.

The reason Umtiti didn’t take surgery is because the chances of overcoming the issue is high without it. However if that does not happen eventually he will take the surgery.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Having laca would make this deal more easier for us still expecting Barca will ask for alot of money

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If such injury issues are true, then his value has to be much lower than the numbers being thrown around. Moreover, the deal should be greatly staggered and involve a lot of “target” clauses (number of games played, etc).

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Umtiti, Alaba, Herrera. I'm liking the names being thrown around. Could mean jack ****, but still.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Never really knew about his injury problems. But he's a top top CB, very athletic, commanding, good on the ball and is left footed which is something we lack. Could be an excellent partner for Sokratis short term and Holding long term. Again I don't know much about his injury problems but if we could get to a stage where they weren't a major factor a signing like this could be a game changer. You've no idea how much adding a top CB can really improve the fortunes of a side. There'll be no one better available than Umtiti this summer, injury problems or not, hefty fee (I mean it isn't really.... but we're acting like 2009 Sunderland so it's hefty for us).

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
If his injury is similar to what Ledley King suffered from then we be mad to spend the sort of money it would take to get him. We've already got Holding, Kos and Mavro that have their own injury problems, don't like the idea of adding one more.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we are looking a French centre back who may be on the move then we need to look at the other big Spanish club.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I like him, but the injury stuff is too risky, especially in this league. Would rather get Tah & Konate for 25 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom