• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's usually very reliable and has been a great servant but age is catching up with him fast. One game per week and a sub is the limit for him. He was unlucky with the OG but that's the risk if you don't take a full hit and at the end he was knackered and frustrated. A game of two halves tonight but there's nobody better atm.

thierrytheking14

Even the best Nachos have dips sometimes.
tenor.gif

macka66

Isn’t he out of contract at the end of the season. We really need to invest all our budget on the defence in the summer. In desperate need on at least 2cb and a LB. With Sven gone will be interesting to see who we get in.

OSBK

Established Member
Another who has somehow gone under the radar for a utterly rubbish performance. Turning his back for the first goal, constantly out of position and gave up for the 3rd goal.

There is another thread about legends and some members spouting he is a legend and some that he is as good as cole. Fact ashley cole right now is still a better defender than this joker.

Last edited:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Didn’t watch a single minute of the game but this has made my blood boil:

Tbf I think some of our players have a fear of looking foolish or give up on situations far too easily.

Monreal knows he isn't going to get back in time, he also knows he won't get anywhere close to Sarr to even make it look like a good attempt at tracking back. So he does this instead.

He's not the only guy in our squad to pull a stunt like this, Mustafi did the same in the League Cup final against Aguero. He knew he messed up and instead of trying to rectify the situation, he knows Aguero is about to score so he doesn't even try. There must be other examples as well. Guendouzi has done it a few times, no one can tell me he doesn't see someone running past him. He just thinks he won't catch him so he doesn't even try.

There is an air of inevitability when we're about to concede, almost no one in our squad tries to salvage a hopeless situation. They give up before the opponent even takes the shot.

I miss having players who would fight for everything all the time. With this lot, when things go bad, they go absolutely rotten.

OSBK

Established Member
Tbf I think some of our players have a fear of looking foolish or give up on situations far too easily.

Monreal knows he isn't going to get back in time, he also knows he won't get anywhere close to Sarr to even make it look like a good attempt at tracking back. So he does this instead.

He's not the only guy in our squad to pull a stunt like this, Mustafi did the same in the League Cup final against Aguero. He knew he messed up and instead of trying to rectify the situation, he knows Aguero is about to score so he doesn't even try. There must be other examples as well. Guendouzi has done it a few times, no one can tell me he doesn't see someone running past him. He just thinks he won't catch him so he doesn't even try.

There is an air of inevitability when we're about to concede, almost no one in our squad tries to salvage a hopeless situation. They give up before the opponent even takes the shot.

I miss having players who would fight for everything all the time. With this lot, when things go bad, they go absolutely rotten.

So right. Whats frustrating is monreal is acting like a 5yr old when there is 70 yards of football to be played. Anything couldve happened, sarr couldve tripped over or the play slowed down. Doing what he did was a disrespect to the club and his team mates and the fans, reminds me of gallas.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Isn’t he out of contract at the end of the season. We really need to invest all our budget on the defence in the summer. In desperate need on at least 2cb and a LB. With Sven gone will be interesting to see who we get in.
You mean we should splash out the whole 75p just in the defence????

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’re linked with Tagliafico for about 8M. Heard a lot about him but haven’t seen much to give any opinion. In our price range anyway.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Think we need to find a Nacho clone.
Kola is perfect for wingback, very good as fullback, both cases very offensive player. We need a younger version now. better defender then Kola, capable of playing as LCB in 3 at back to give us another option. our RB is also offensive minded player, Niles might be our backup there also, just another reason for a younger version of Nacho on the left to give us balanc

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Is it just me, or was he really, really explosive last night? Broke away from much younger Newcastle numerous times, without needing to use too much technique either. Our best defender by far in this game, he seems to be in an excellent shape and can play both CB and LB. We could do much worse than him as a squad option, isn't a one-year renewal the obvious choice here?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Is it just me, or was he really, really explosive last night? Broke away from much younger Newcastle numerous times, without needing to use too much technique either. Our best defender by far in this game, he seems to be in an excellent shape and can play both CB and LB. We could do much worse than him as a squad option, isn't a one-year renewal the obvious choice here?

Should have been shipped of years ago

He hides and makes others look bad ffs

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I thought the one-year renewal was already triggered? Played very well last night, although Newcastle was pretty sheit.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He always preform well I like how he preform as center back like its his natural position.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Yep, cracking game last night even if he's living dangerously at times. Still amazes me that I see people in the transfer section wanting him shipped out this summer. A solid veteran that is a capable squad option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom