• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Monreal: Nacho 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Kos should stay like Per did

We need great leftfooted cb

And backup for kola and the new guy
Kos way better than monreal for me.

It makes more sense to keep Nacho in my opinion. He's been the better and more consistent performer over the past few years, he's also left footed and can cover both as CB and LB. Horses for courses obviously but for me it's a no brainer.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
His decline has been steady for so long now and he wasnt that great to begin with

Kos after surgery has had him looking (at times) better Then he has for years
Monreal is slightly wrong type to but it is kinda just semantics
Monreal is a LB who can play cb
My choice backup would be a CB who can play LB seems more useful that way tactically
If we want kola like offensive output we can always play amn as lwb
But if we really want to kill the game defensivly we should have that option

But okey if we bring in a young gut for LB or cb to he can stay

Jae

His decline has been steady for so long now and he wasnt that great to begin with

Kos after surgery has had him looking (at times) better Then he has for years
Monreal is slightly wrong type to but it is kinda just semantics
Monreal is a LB who can play cb
My choice backup would be a CB who can play LB seems more useful that way tactically
If we want kola like offensive output we can always play amn as lwb
But if we really want to kill the game defensivly we should have that option

But okey if we bring in a young gut for LB or cb to he can stay

Fair enough mate if that's what you think, I personally would disagree. The statement I've bolded smacks of revisionism to be honest - yes, he has declined over the years (he's 33 now) but for long periods Monreal was brilliant for us, same goes for Koscielny.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Fair enough mate if that's what you think, I personally would disagree. The statement I've bolded smacks of revisionism to be honest - yes, he has declined over the years (he's 33 now) but for long periods Monreal was brilliant for us, same goes for Koscielny.

Was the best LB in the League for about 18 months or so, even fans of other teams acknowledged as much on their message boards.

Reactions: Jae

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Never saw the brilliance, we were so poor for so long that consistant mediocraty just looks brilliant

He irks me constantly, not with big mustafi mistakes but he isnt enough for me.

Too afraid to fail, too reactive.

Wellrounded yes but lacks edge.

Alibi defending, it looks like he tries, but only enough so he isnt caught out and somebody else gets shifted to responsibility Regardless if they are in a better or worse position

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Was the best LB in the League for about 18 months or so, even fans of other teams acknowledged as much on their message boards.

Advanced psy ops!

Where are The real or barca links if he was so great? They snatched everyone else up...

Only sporadically called up for spain...

**** highlight

Last edited:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
#truth_hurts

My agenda is for our club to take a step forward

Come on mate someones rightly praising him for his performance last night and you've used it as an opportunity to yet again tell everyone you think he's garbage. Not even picking apart his performance last night or moments to support your view. The agenda is clear as day.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Come on mate someones rightly praising him for his performance last night and you've used it as an opportunity to yet again tell everyone you think he's garbage. Not even picking apart his performance last night or moments to support your view. The agenda is clear as day.

What would that agenda be?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Advanced psy ops!

Where are The real or barca links if he was so great? They snatched everyone else up...

Only sporadically called up for spain...

**** highlight
1fzlby94v60g.gif

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Your agenda that is only about dislike and not whether he plays good or bad during a game.

But that is the thing, even when he is playing his best it is not good enough.

Why would I dislike someone if they were actually good?

Personally he seems like a good enough guy but that is besides the point anyway.

I am Honestly flabergasted on to how all you cant see how he plays

Last edited:

gkoat

But that is the thing, even when he is playing his best it is not good enough.

Why would I dislike someone if they were actually good?

Personally he seems like a good enough guy but that is besides the point anyway.

I am Honestly flabergasted on to how all you cant see how he plays

What better replacement available to us is cheaper than Monreal? I don't think anyone here is committed to Monreal serving beyond a we-soon-need-to-replace-Monreal window, but Monreal at LB is not an immediate priority for improving our squad in the short term(a la 2019-20). Between Ramsey replacement, proper defender upgrade, and proper winger purchase all being more urgent in our immediate improvement, hard to see how adding a LB replacement to our to-do list in the short term is more beneficial than fixing our more immediate squad concerns.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What better replacement available to us is cheaper than Monreal? I don't think anyone here is committed to Monreal serving beyond a we-soon-need-to-replace-Monreal window, but Monreal at LB is not an immediate priority for improving our squad in the short term(a la 2019-20). Between Ramsey replacement, proper defender upgrade, and proper winger purchase all being more urgent in our immediate improvement, hard to see how adding a LB replacement to our to-do list in the short term is more beneficial than fixing our more immediate squad concerns.

I already conceded that point earlier, Strictly squadie ok, but wouldnt mind a teenager getting those minutes. Or you could say that we should bolster the overall quality of the squad in all areas to have better rotation...

Was merely objecting to the fulsom hype he gets.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I already conceded that point earlier, Strictly squadie ok, but wouldnt mind a teenager getting those minutes. Or you could say that we should bolster the overall quality of the squad in all areas to have better rotation...

Was merely objecting to the fulsom hype he gets.

Last summer you was calling out for a midfield version of Lichsteiner (with some awful suggestions might I add :lol: that west Brom midfielder yacob was one of them if I'm remembering correctly) and now you want one of our dependable old heads replaced by some teenager that is unlikely to be ready for first team football o_O

You've got in for monreal so much that you can't even admit when he plays well :rofl:Thats far worse mentality than the likes of us that are critical of players when they perform badly

Edit - found the post - https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/thr...rgets-summer-2018.30953/page-202#post-4647675 fluck me, you wanted Rodwell as a CB :eek::rofl:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Last summer you was calling out for a midfield version of Lichsteiner (with some awful suggestions might I add :lol: that west Brom midfielder yacob was one of them if I'm remembering correctly) and now you want one of our dependable old heads replaced by some teenager that is unlikely to be ready for first team football o_O

You've got in for monreal so much that you can't even admit when he plays well :rofl:Thats far worse mentality than the likes of us that are critical of players when they perform badly

Edit - found the post - https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/thr...rgets-summer-2018.30953/page-202#post-4647675 fluck me, you wanted Rodwell as a CB :eek::rofl:
Jack Rodwell:lol::lol::lol::lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It makes more sense to keep Nacho in my opinion. He's been the better and more consistent performer over the past few years, he's also left footed and can cover both as CB and LB. Horses for courses obviously but for me it's a no brainer.

I would agree over the past few years but this year? Kos has been great since he came back, we should definitely let him see out his contract as he's perfect to have as an experienced back up. Nacho on the other hand needs pace to get forward and that has to be on the decline. We could end up keeping both though. Mustafi is more simple, he will be sold!

Reactions: Jae

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Yay for quotes out of context!

You did see that it was in context of free transfers? For the squad/in case of emercency

Guendouzi is a teenager and everybody(but me of course) is fine with him getting plenty of minutes...
Big talent but shouldnt be picked before our proven starter, just like a new talent wouldn't

Amn is age and skillwise past the teen phase and is obvious 2d choice at both LB and rb

What is wrong with rodwell at cb? Backup obviously he has played there on and of again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom