• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Umtiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I think the medical team will know it better than us.

He is just 25, it really would need to be something chronical to never get full fit again.
Even if our medical team would say, that he need a surgery and would be out for some months, i would take him.

But i still can't believe, that Barca will sell him in summer.
And we surely wouldn't be the only potential buyer (maybe Juve, United, PSG, Liverpool?).

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think the medical team will know it better than us.

He is just 25, it really would need to be something chronical to never get full fit again.
Even if our medical team would say, that he need a surgery and would be out for some months, i would take him.

But i still can't believe, that Barca will sell him in summer.
And we surely wouldn't be the only potential buyer (maybe Juve, United, PSG, Liverpool?).

Puyol had the same injury, had 2 major surgeries and still wasn't able to fix the problem. It IS chronical and not something you can treat easily.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Puyol had the same injury, had 2 major surgeries and still wasn't able to fix the problem. It IS chronical and not something you can treat easily.
If this is even half-true i dont want him. dont need to pay 60 mil for a player thats broken. Can't believe people want him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

The original article in Diario Sport that discussed this also said there is a high success rate with the treatments Umtiti was receiving in Qatar and after returning to Barcelona. They went on to say:

The reason Umtiti didn’t take surgery is because the chances of overcoming the issue is high without it. However if that does not happen eventually he will take the surgery.

Keep in mind, also, that Puyol was a much older man, in footballing terms. Umtiti is still only 25, so his body naturally heals and recovers a bit more quickly.

So, since I'm not a doctor and don't even play one on TV, I'll leave it to the real doctors and medical team to decide whether or not this really is a long-term problem. I'm sure Arsenal isn't going to commit the money it would take to sign Umtiti from Barcelona unless they were satisfied with his health.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I'd like to think we wouldn't splash out 60 million on a CB if we weren't 100% sure on his injury situation. I trust this club now in the transfer window to make the correct call.

I did read that Raul said we were in advanced stages of our summer recruitment process and a TD wasn't needed. I wonder if it's plan A with CL and plan B without.

Interesting times ahead.

Horror show. He has a very bad knee problem that ended Puyol's career and many others.

I'll copy and paste my thoughts from my Barcelona fan forum here

As always, I will pull a "we don't know in which state a player is or how he performs currently every day on training grounds due to an injury" card. Here on forum, maybe the situation is closer to: let's give him a chance, the injury was not that bad. Maybe on training grounds it is: he is at 70-80% of what he used to be. Ok, needs time but it is very questionable whether he will reach even close to his old level. If he gets injured again, he won't reach that level. If he won't get injured, who knows when will he reach that level and whether he will reach it at all. For younger fans, for example, Xavi handled well his knee injury when he was 25 and turned into a Goat midfielder later. On the other hand, Thiago Motta suffered a knee injury in 2004, aged 22 and was never the same player. He missed the whole 2004-05 season and in the next 2 seasons had 14 and 15 league appearances due to heavy competition and him not being at the 100% level. In 2007, we sold him to Atletico, and you can see a quote: So, in Motta's case: He was injured in a September of 2004. Returned in May 2005. Then he was ok or not at his best for the next 2 seasons due to not playing for 1 year. And when he returned to form, in 2007-08, at Atletico, he had several random injuries and in March, he injured his knee again and his season was over. He was out of 3 Months. After that he had a lots of minor muscle, calf and similar injuries. When he signed for Inter, in 2010 he had another knee injury and had to undergo Arthroscopie and missed 2 Months. In the next 365 days after that knee operation, he had 5 RANDOM unrelated injuries which happened again because he was off field for a long time: overstretching, fatigue fracture, overstretching again, muscular problems. Then he had a few okish years at Psg, and it 2017-18 season he again had: 1 knee injury for 20 days. 2 weeks after returning from that injury, he had another knee injury for 40 days. After returning from that injury, only 30 days later, he got another injury and missed 30 days again. So, with huge knee injuries: 1. they will often repeat during player's career 2. even when you'll return, you won't be your old self or you will need years to reach that level 3. and between 2 knee injuries, you will suffer 10s of random muscle, groin and calf injuries. Other examples: Rafinha and his knee and random injuries after that. Gabriel Milito. He had a good first season playing 42 matches. Then he got injured, missed 602 days with a knee injury. And played only 33 matches for Barca combined in 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons. He played one season in Argentina after that and retired. So, Milito NEVER returned to form after his knee injury aged 27. For younger fans, we had a Swedish CB Patrik Anderson in early 00's. He came here from Bayern, aged 30, injured his knee in a first season and after the injury, played only 7+5 matches in the next 2 seasons. After that, he returned to his home, to Sweden and: So, again, as in previous examples, he needed 2-3 years to return to form after his original knee injury and when he returned to form, he suffered ANOTHER knee injury and finished his career. So, to some extent, if we remove emotions, these are our options: 1. if Umtiti will play awesome and we sell him=Fine. We will still have at least 3 World class CBs 2. if Umtiti will need 2-3 years to return to his level and we sell him=we didn't lose much, since we will have 3 World class CBs 3. if Umtiti will never return to his level=selling is a good option. We will still have 3 World class CBs. So, even in a situation if he will reach his old level and never suffer another knee injury: 1. we will still have 3 good CBs 2. it will take years or months to reach his old level 3. in between, he will suffer lots of random muscle, groin and thigh injuries I don't have anything against Umtiti, btw. I am just saying, that if we'll sign De Light, we will have too many CBs. And since Umtiti's health is questionable, selling is quite obvious. Currently he is like Vermaelen, Reus, Gundogan. A player who had a horrible injury. Maybe he'll return to his form, maybe he won't. This is why we have a lower price for him, 50M instead of 80M or 100M.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Agree on the thoughts here - I would be over the moon with signing a prime Umtiti, but this is just too risky.

Let's go for someone like Tah. Cheaper, even younger and looks set to reach the top level.

I'd take Hummels as well. Has a dream of playing the the PL and him beeing done is bollocks. People tend to rule players out due to some low patches far too easily.

That guy's been the best CB for some patches over the last couple of years and isn't too old nor really injury prone.

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Horror show. He has a very bad knee problem that ended Puyol's career and many others.

I'll copy and paste my thoughts from my Barcelona fan forum here

As always, I will pull a "we don't know in which state a player is or how he performs currently every day on training grounds due to an injury" card. Here on forum, maybe the situation is closer to: let's give him a chance, the injury was not that bad. Maybe on training grounds it is: he is at 70-80% of what he used to be. Ok, needs time but it is very questionable whether he will reach even close to his old level. If he gets injured again, he won't reach that level. If he won't get injured, who knows when will he reach that level and whether he will reach it at all. For younger fans, for example, Xavi handled well his knee injury when he was 25 and turned into a Goat midfielder later. On the other hand, Thiago Motta suffered a knee injury in 2004, aged 22 and was never the same player. He missed the whole 2004-05 season and in the next 2 seasons had 14 and 15 league appearances due to heavy competition and him not being at the 100% level. In 2007, we sold him to Atletico, and you can see a quote: So, in Motta's case: He was injured in a September of 2004. Returned in May 2005. Then he was ok or not at his best for the next 2 seasons due to not playing for 1 year. And when he returned to form, in 2007-08, at Atletico, he had several random injuries and in March, he injured his knee again and his season was over. He was out of 3 Months. After that he had a lots of minor muscle, calf and similar injuries. When he signed for Inter, in 2010 he had another knee injury and had to undergo Arthroscopie and missed 2 Months. In the next 365 days after that knee operation, he had 5 RANDOM unrelated injuries which happened again because he was off field for a long time: overstretching, fatigue fracture, overstretching again, muscular problems. Then he had a few okish years at Psg, and it 2017-18 season he again had: 1 knee injury for 20 days. 2 weeks after returning from that injury, he had another knee injury for 40 days. After returning from that injury, only 30 days later, he got another injury and missed 30 days again. So, with huge knee injuries: 1. they will often repeat during player's career 2. even when you'll return, you won't be your old self or you will need years to reach that level 3. and between 2 knee injuries, you will suffer 10s of random muscle, groin and calf injuries. Other examples: Rafinha and his knee and random injuries after that. Gabriel Milito. He had a good first season playing 42 matches. Then he got injured, missed 602 days with a knee injury. And played only 33 matches for Barca combined in 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons. He played one season in Argentina after that and retired. So, Milito NEVER returned to form after his knee injury aged 27. For younger fans, we had a Swedish CB Patrik Anderson in early 00's. He came here from Bayern, aged 30, injured his knee in a first season and after the injury, played only 7+5 matches in the next 2 seasons. After that, he returned to his home, to Sweden and: So, again, as in previous examples, he needed 2-3 years to return to form after his original knee injury and when he returned to form, he suffered ANOTHER knee injury and finished his career. So, to some extent, if we remove emotions, these are our options: 1. if Umtiti will play awesome and we sell him=Fine. We will still have at least 3 World class CBs 2. if Umtiti will need 2-3 years to return to his level and we sell him=we didn't lose much, since we will have 3 World class CBs 3. if Umtiti will never return to his level=selling is a good option. We will still have 3 World class CBs. So, even in a situation if he will reach his old level and never suffer another knee injury: 1. we will still have 3 good CBs 2. it will take years or months to reach his old level 3. in between, he will suffer lots of random muscle, groin and thigh injuries I don't have anything against Umtiti, btw. I am just saying, that if we'll sign De Light, we will have too many CBs. And since Umtiti's health is questionable, selling is quite obvious. Currently he is like Vermaelen, Reus, Gundogan. A player who had a horrible injury. Maybe he'll return to his form, maybe he won't. This is why we have a lower price for him, 50M instead of 80M or 100M.

Zero readability in this post. Can't read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom