• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hopefully Koscielny will return and give us a good last few games

Could be the difference. Auba should be starting as well ffs

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
in the run in...the experimenting should stop...and so should player development... go with your battle hardened guys, play people in their right position, go with well grooved team shape and focus on basics.

AMN at RB, Guendouzi at DM, Nacho at CB ...these experiments should stop. Play the percentages.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
in the run in...the experimenting should stop...and so should player development... go with your battle hardened guys, play people in their right position, go with well grooved team shape and focus on basics.

AMN at RB, Guendouzi at DM, Nacho at CB ...these experiments should stop. Play the percentages.

And do what instead? Yesterday there were pretty much no other options. AMN at RB has been very good the last few weeks, no one was complaining about him in the lineup before the game started.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
And do what instead? Yesterday there were pretty much no other options. AMN at RB has been very good the last few weeks, no one was complaining about him in the lineup before the game started.
i am not being paid enough to solve such issues....i refer you to the head coach. Having a RB and LB in your line up is pretty basic stuff.

PoleInGoal

i am not being paid enough to solve such issues....i refer you to the head coach. Having a RB and LB in your line up is pretty basic stuff.

You don't need to be paid to look at our available players yesterday and see that AMN was the logical choice over Lichtsteiner and Jenkinson

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
You don't need to be paid to look at our available players yesterday and see that AMN was the logical choice over Lichtsteiner and Jenkinson

If you can play Elneny and Guendouzi in the CM double pivot...why not Licht or Jenks as RWB? Play people in their positions ...and play Özil at #10. Its time also to realize that developing Guendouzi cannot be the sole priority of this club.

FinnGooner

Established Member
We are so bad away from home that top 4 looks like a real challenge. With current form we won't get a single win from wat, lei and bur games. How can it be so ****ing impossible to perform away from home? It's the same sport!

PoleInGoal

If you can play Elneny and Guendouzi in the CM double pivot...why not Licht or Jenks as RWB? Play people in their positions ...and play Özil at #10. Its time also to realize that developing Guendouzi cannot be the sole priority of this club.

We played that midfield because everyone else was unavailable.

You're seriously telling me that after watching AMN's performances vs United and Rennes you'd have started Jenkinson or Lichtsteiner yesterday? :lol:Revisionism at its finest

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
We played that midfield because everyone else was unavailable.

You're seriously telling me that after watching AMN's performances vs United and Rennes you'd have started Jenkinson or Lichtsteiner yesterday? :lol:Revisionism at its finest

I would have done a lot of things differently...but this is Emery's team and his style...so its on him...and he should at least do the basics right in the run in.... time for experimenting and developing and disciplining is over.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This bizarre notion that AMN would have been much better in the CM role yesterday is just crazy. He's had like one good performance in an Arsenal shirt in the past 2 years. Get over him people, he isn't good enough.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We simply have to treat all remaining away games like cup finals now to stand any chance of getting the required points tally.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I do wonder what it is with our team and away games. It's not just that we have bogey places, we seem to be a completely different team away from home.

Surely it has some effect but in our case the Emirates is a fortress and away we look like Burton Albion.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Our away form has been bad for two years, why expect it to suddenly change now? Before the Everton game I thought we'd drop points in 3 of the 5 away games and that still sounds about right. Other teams will have their f*ck-ups, it'll come down to who f*cks up the least.

Tbh I still think the fact we're even in the mix for top 4 with 6 games to go is pretty impressive, considering how flawed the squad is and some of the injuries we've had.

LG10

I do wonder what it is with our team and away games. It's not just that we have bogey places, we seem to be a completely different team away from home.

Surely it has some effect but in our case the Emirates is a fortress and away we look like Burton Albion.
No physicality. Flakey playmakers (Özil, Mkhitaryan) that show up when they feel like it. Then you have lacazette, who offers no presence whatsoever away from home and is carried by Auba. We got spastics in the back like mustafi and sokratis who get easily spun by guys like Calvert Lewin and make stupid fouls every 10 min. The wing backs are pretty bad defensively as well.

At home we get to run the show and the non top 6 teams rarely have a go so we batter them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
you play Guendouzi you cede control of the midfield.
I am not saying you are wrong but who would you have played? Torreira suspended, Xhaka out, Ramsey just back... Jenkinson and Lich would have been slaughtered on Sunday... They're poverty.

Top Bottom