• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope

Less
I have no words for his display today. I have never seen a player play like this.

Absolutely monstrously bad.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Emery should be starting him more, he's our most lethal player doesn't make sense benching him. Even if he's having a bad game can score a goal is more likely to do it over 90 than with 30 minutes.

Should be challenging for the golden boot not making substitute appearances.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Emery should be starting him more, he's our most lethal player doesn't make sense benching him. Even if he's having a bad game can score a goal is more likely to do it over 90 than with 30 minutes.

Should be challenging for the golden boot not making substitute appearances.

Yep, I was all for him and Laca starting together today. Ok, when he did come on he wasn't great but we were already chasing the game by then. I'm always for fielding your strongest team from the start, and today we didn't and lost. Rotation is there for when players need a rest or when players are carrying an injury. Look at Liverpool, they make few changes from game to game and we should be doing the same with only 7 PL games left.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yep, I was all for him and Laca starting together today. Ok, when he did come on he wasn't great but we were already chasing the game by then. I'm always for fielding your strongest team from the start, and today we didn't and lost. Rotation is there for when players need a rest or when players are carrying an injury. Look at Liverpool, they make few changes from game to game and we should be doing the same with only 7 PL games left.

Agree with this, he should start every game as well as Laca, he shouldnt be on the bench as much as he is.

With 7 games to go I would have thought this Laca/Auba starting together situation would have been sorted out by now.

Definitely shouldn't be resting players when CL qualification isnt a given in either competition.

Having his pace in the team gives the opposition something to worry about aswell, look at Walcott, liability a lot of the times but having him there worries the opposing defenders.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We had about 3 balls over the top in the first 10 minutes that Laca lacked the pace to reach. Hindsight shows Auba should have started this game.
They both should have started. We look better when they are both on the field.
Having said that he had a decent amount of time on the field yesterday. I'd prefer if he got a start but it isn't as if he only had ten minutes.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

With 7 games to go I would have thought this Laca/Auba starting together situation would have been sorted out by now.

Arsène Wenger couldn't figure it out either. It's a tough situation spending over 100 million on 2 numbers 9's when no one really plays with 2 strikers anymore. I don't really get why we bought both, I wonder if we would have bought Auba if Lacazette put up better numbers.

We have 2 strikers and no wingers, even though the top teams in this country have great wide players. Look at Hazard, Mane, Sterling, Salah, Son hell even Lukaku is good on the wing. What do we have? Iwobi?

We had about 3 balls over the top in the first 10 minutes that Laca lacked the pace to reach. Hindsight shows Auba should have started this game.

Laca has to be one of the slowest strikers in the PL. Add that with the fact he's kind of small and weak, I think he lacks the physicality for this league.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arsène Wenger couldn't figure it out either. It's a tough situation spending over 100 million on 2 numbers 9's when no one really plays with 2 strikers anymore. I don't really get why we bought both, I wonder if we would have bought Auba if Lacazette put up better numbers.

We have 2 strikers and no wingers, even though the top teams in this country have great wide players. Look at Hazard, Mane, Sterling, Salah, Son hell even Lukaku is good on the wing. What do we have? Iwobi?

Laca has to be one of the slowest strikers in the PL. Add that with the fact he's kind of small and weak, I think he lacks the physicality for this league.
Is that really the case? I thought they work well together, we just have a manager who is scared to play away games with 2 forwards.

BigPoppaPump

Is that really the case? I thought they work well together, we just have a manager who is scared to play away games with 2 forwards.

I mean what teams out there really play with 2 strikers? Most of the time we put Aubameyang on the left when we play them both. It's not the early 2000s where everyone had 4-4-2 this is the er of 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Amazing how people think playing Laca and Auba together will just automatically mean we win games. As if we wouldn't have to sacrifice either a creative player or a more defensive minded player to fit one of them in, or play Auba out of position which could end up being detrimental to the game we want to play. In some games Auba and Laca playing together will be fine, but in other games you need that extra midfielder or defensive minded player in order to combat the opposition. You can't just focus on yourself and go "play these players together and we'll win" and not take into account what the opposition will do. Football just doesn't work like that.

In hindsight I think Auba would have been the better option to start on Sunday vs Everton but in saying that Laca had been in good form so it'd have been harsh to bench him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No one cares man, it doesn't make you look sophisticated.
Didn't expect you to care, when most of us can't deal with our own players having dips in form/output

How do you post in a thread without opening it? Magic?

Expecting goals from this lad tonight. Also expecting him to get a start though.
i don't read it though. Tried and it got very tedious.

He will either score, or scare them into leaving spaces for Laca. I'm happy with either.

It is a hard decision for sure. He is best when he comes on against tired opposition, but oftentimes he comes on when the opposition is entrenched in a solid low block so his pace is wasted.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If we really want to play to his strenght we need more pace and unpredictability especially on the wings. Let's hope we can sort that in the summer. Guy is a finisher and he is now taking one defenders from midfield. Not his strenght. We need to be able to release him on the break or cut in low crosses from the wings. Think both him and Laca will benefit from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom