• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,268
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
They want to win the CL. Also I think its time for poch to move on
Yep, that's why City really need to win it this season. Real, Juve and Bayern are all going to spend big in the summer, possibly Barca too.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bayern are a fallen giant. Can't see them competing in Europe and not sure Posch is the answer. Looks like they're buying half a squad.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If Jovic is only 56m I'd go straight for him. Might be all bit parties involved but he seems to favor staying at Frankfurt. Maybe a middle-way is more of his liking :drool:

Got a feeling that if Frankfurt end up in the CL, they might just hold on to him, Rebic, Haller, Kostic, etc. Bobic/Hubner have built an excellent biosphere at Eintracht and shown twice they can get the right managers in (Kovac, Hutter) and that this club is on a very positive trajectory. The known environment, that positive trajectory, the apparent closeness of especially these forwards, having already won the DFB Cup, an astounding EL run - if they get 4th I'd opt to stay put exactly where I was for my first CL campaign to make sure everything is 100% set for me to impress even more on the biggest stage.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
100k for a couple of minutes of pro football, absolutely ridiculous. Got nothing against the boy, but I'd laugh so hard if he gets a massive contract or move cause everyone is on the Sancho hype train, but then Hudson-Odoi ends up the next Ashley Young.
Sadly that how agents work these days it's f**ked up I don't think anybody will fix this

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
100k for a couple of minutes of pro football, absolutely ridiculous. Got nothing against the boy, but I'd laugh so hard if he gets a massive contract or move cause everyone is on the Sancho hype train, but then Hudson-Odoi ends up the next Ashley Young.

I genuinely think the issue the media have created in regards to his minutes isnt even fair on Chelsea, he's 18 and featured in 8 PL games, 2 FA Cup games, 2 League Cup games and 8 Europa games; that really isn't that bad when Willian, Pedro and Hazard are occupying your position and the manager needs to get results or get sacked.

I still understand if he leaves due to those circumstances and with Chelsea's history with development but I do think his 'lack' of game time has been blown well out of proportion.

BobP

Memri Fan
I genuinely think the issue the media have created in regards to his minutes isnt even fair on Chelsea, he's 18 and featured in 8 PL games, 2 FA Cup games, 2 League Cup games and 8 Europa games; that really isn't that bad when Willian, Pedro and Hazard are occupying your position and the manager needs to get results or get sacked.

I still understand if he leaves due to those circumstances and with Chelsea's history with development but I do think his 'lack' of game time has been blown well out of proportion.

Think the Sancho situation has played a big part in that.

Chelsea really don't help themselves though. This is a club which got shot of a promising academy product in Chalobah only to bring in Drinkwater and Barkley for a combined 55M.

We could see them squandering an exceptional generation, Hudson-Odoi, Ampadu, Reece James, Mason Mount, Tammy Abraham. The latter three all 21 or under and are already accomplished championship footballers who are key players to the teams they've been loaned to. You could even mention Christensen who had an exceptional loan spell in the Bundesliga but who's seen very little action this season.

Toby

I genuinely think the issue the media have created in regards to his minutes isnt even fair on Chelsea, he's 18

Don't think this has something to do with fair or the media making an issue out of something. This is about that ****ing financial bubble of modern football. 100k for an 18 year old who hasn't accomplished anything is unfathomable to me, similarly to the rumoured 300k for Rashford. It's just testament to how bonkers the football business has become with the massive influx of money that anyone is seriously thinking about giving these two players that kind of money.

Toby

Totally. If we sell Özil, he'd be a very good signing and he plays in midfield too.

Tbh honest I'd take him regardless of what happens with Özil. When I saw him play he was playing on the right wing. I know he's usually regarded as a more central attacking midfielder, but e.g. yesterday he excelled as right winger against Juventus. The commentators compared him to Arjen Robben with his speed, technicality and tendency to cut in and have a shot. They also mentioned Bayern interest because of his profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom