• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,205
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Sadly that how agents work these days it's f**ked up I don't think anybody will fix this

It's also very much about the cash. This reminds me of the Bayern dominance of the 2000s pre Dortmund resurgence where some of their transfers didn't even make sense, they seemingly just did it because they had the money and didn't want anyone else to sign certain players.

Now in the case of Odoi, maybe Bayern really want him as they need wingers, but then Chelsea come up with this delusional bid of 100k, then all those money clubs come in like "well, we don't even need a winger, but he's a hot prospect right now and we got the cash. Offer him 120k." It's ridiculous.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Tbh honest I'd take him regardless of what happens with Özil. When I saw him play he was playing on the right wing. I know he's usually regarded as a more central attacking midfielder, but e.g. yesterday he excelled as right winger against Juventus. The commentators compared him to Arjen Robben with his speed, technicality and tendency to cut in and have a shot. They also mentioned Bayern interest because of his profile.
He isn't very fast for a winger. But as far as I know he's done well out there. I don't think Bayern are interested in him as a wide player though. More because he can play behind the striker or in a three man midfield as a James replacement. I think they may pull the plug on the James deal.

Toby

He isn't very fast for a winger. But as far as I know he's done well out there. I don't think Bayern are interested in him as a wide player though. More because he can play behind the striker or in a three man midfield as a James replacement. I think they may pull the plug on the James deal.

Agree re James. Always had a feeling Bayern wouldn't sign him permanently.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Don't think this has something to do with fair or the media making an issue out of something. This is about that ****ing financial bubble of modern football. 100k for an 18 year old who hasn't accomplished anything is unfathomable to me, similarly to the rumoured 300k for Rashford. It's just testament to how bonkers the football business has become with the massive influx of money that anyone is seriously thinking about giving these two players that kind of money.

Wasn't relating the two topics; money and minutes, I only really quoted you as you were discussing CHO so apologies for any confusion, I was just giving my opinion on how I keep seeing media stating he is not getting game time at Chelsea which I think is pretty unfair on the club as its not as simple as some of the pundits are making out.

100k for him is ridiculous but I'm not surprised, they have also been backed into a bit of a sh*t place, play him over better player, pay him 100k which is ridiculous, sell him or let him leave on a free.

They will be criticised for every option, if they sell him and he comes good they hear how they lack ambition/development and sold him cheap, if they give him the wages he wants they get criticised for paying it plus 100k on a 5yr deal and he may turn out crap, risk the contract for next year and if he leaves on a free and they get ridiculed for it if he comes good.

Toby

€85m for Eriksen, wow

85m for Eriksen when you've still got Isco? Or is Eriksen planned as Modric's successor? What about Asensio? Is he by now more of a winger or an attacking mid or even a striker? Then they're very likely to add Hazard on the wings, probably get rid of Bale. Very crammed attacking options. Then they also need to replace Kroos.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
85m for Eriksen when you've still got Isco? Or is Eriksen planned as Modric's successor? What about Asensio? Is he by now more of a winger or an attacking mid or even a striker? Then they're very likely to add Hazard on the wings, probably get rid of Bale. Very crammed attacking options. Then they also need to replace Kroos.
Yep, seen lots of talk about Modric leaving this summer.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
€85m for Eriksen, wow
Eriksen as Modric replacement is odd. They're nothing alike.

Wonder where Kroos might end up. PSG maybe? Or to Utd if RM get Pogba.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Seems to be papertalk, cannot see Madrid bidding 85M for a player with a year left on his contract. I believe they might go for Milinkovic-Savic.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Hudson Odoi looks special in fairness. Should a teenager be earning 100k a week? Probably not, but in terms of protecting an investment - he's worth it. Him and Pulisic can in part cover the loss of Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom