• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

DasBootist

Infuriating , a young player with a real chance to make a statement at a huge club and plays like a 38 year old who's won everything in the game and knows his knees are shot and he's retiring at the end of the season.
Loan him to someone in League 2 next season, see how long they put up with it, he can take his Mum with him.
Post of the year

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If he's shyte in the next performance then No! Hot and Luke warm would be ok but he goes from one extreme to the other!
Which is in a way a good thing because we know he has what it takes talent wise, maybe more patience and maturity will be needed with him compared to some other players.
I think he needs 5 quality games in a row to feel confident about everything, but he can't get to that point.
I'm not sure he is worth selling, price could be low and he could be used as a backup on a low salary. The problem is that Bellerin will come back and AMN didn't impress enough to be in a competition for CM position next year where your passing needs to be much better than his.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We look so much more defensively solid now that AMN is at RB compared to when Bellerin was playing.

blaise

Still inconsistent but from United game I d say he has proven he can be a back-up RB, plus he is cheap and homegrown. For something more in RB or CM we ll have to wait and see. Also Bellerin is basically one of the first names on the team sheet here so not sure how we can bring someone much better than AMN without breaking the bank and then you ve wasted your much needed funds for more urgent positions.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Which is in a way a good thing because we know he has what it takes talent wise, maybe more patience and maturity will be needed with him compared to some other players.
I think he needs 5 quality games in a row to feel confident about everything, but he can't get to that point.
I'm not sure he is worth selling, price could be low and he could be used as a backup on a low salary. The problem is that Bellerin will come back and AMN didn't impress enough to be in a competition for CM position next year where your passing needs to be much better than his.

Yeah I'm sure maturity is a factor. We will only sell if a decent offer came in and/or we have our sights on a RB equal to or better than Bellerin.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We look so much more defensively solid now that AMN is at RB compared to when Bellerin was playing.
I think the opposite.

Bellerin provides better cover, if only because of his pace.

AMN hasn't convinced me as a defender but he is superb further up the pitch.

Its only now he is getting consistent ampunt of games in row. I will wait and see how he adapts but I think Emery will want to keep him next season.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I think the opposite.

Bellerin provides better cover, if only because of his pace.

AMN hasn't convinced me as a defender but he is superb further up the pitch.

Got disagree there, just look the amount of cleansheets and the very few amount of goals we are conceding at home of late.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Got disagree there, just look the amount of cleansheets and the very few amount of goals we are conceding at home of late.
yeah, but AMN makes casual mistakes which bellerin does not.

It is moot because they are both suspect defensively and probably only suited as wing backs.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He was great last night. Such a frustrating player, Hekyll and Jyde.

Wish he'd be given a go at CM, he has attributes we lack.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's a good problem to have.

Prefer this to the converse.
I suppose. Big game players are definitely a premium to have in a squad - United are proof of that in years gone by. What'll be important is whether his base level improves beyond this season - I'm more than happy for this to be a running theme with AMN if he can have better games when the stakes aren't so high. Oscillating from his top performances to games like v Everton away is too big a performance gap IMO.

I suppose. Big game players are definitely a premium to have in a squad - United are proof of that in years gone by. What'll be important is whether his base level improves beyond this season - I'm more than happy for this to be a running theme with AMN if he can have better games when the stakes aren't so high. Oscillating from his top performances to games like v Everton away is too big a performance gap IMO.

This is his first 'big' run in with the team though, so he should get some patience until he adapts to the intensity. If he can get used to it and perform to high level like against Napoli then we have player here. If he fails it will be a bit uphill battle for him from then.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is his first 'big' run in with the team though, so he should get some patience until he adapts to the intensity. If he can get used to it and perform to high level like against Napoli then we have player here. If he fails it will be a bit uphill battle for him from then.
The big thing for me is intensity. AMN when he plays at a fast tempo is 100x better than uber-relaxed AMN. He still has the composure, but he's also playing the game at a pace the opposition find difficult to deal with. When he's switched on, he can do anything. The game against United and the game last night are just 2 big examples of what he can be like when he's focused, and playing with intensity at the right moments in the game, then he'll be more than fine.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom