• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah it is weird game football... One would like Özil to dribble more although most know he is week and don't have enough pace for such in PL or against strong EL opposition... Then you have some Dutch guy analyzing his passing and he comes to the conclusion that his passes are most impactful in Europe so other people would say keep going Özil, keep it simple!

1 Most attacking midfielders actively create space and advance the ball to a dangerous position for themselves or other attacking players.
2 Then they will try to play the final pass from there.

3 Özil only wait for service, wait for the right time.
4 and if he gets it, he will make the assisting pass. If not, he doesn’t look like he has done anything in the match.

Last edited:

1 Most attacking midfielders actively create space and advance the ball to a dangerous position for themselves or other attacking players.

4 and if he gets it, he will make the assisting pass. If not, he doesn’t look like he has done anything in the match.

I think Özil create a tons of space. He runs a lot and I think he does it cleverly too!

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil creates space for his teammates with his off the ball runs. How much dribbling do the likes of De Bruyne and Eriksen do really? They look to drift into pockets of space just like Özil.
It’s not only about dribbling, but also activity involves in buildups and open up space.
If you compare their videos as quoted below, you will see he is lacking so much in the first point I have mentioned.

Compare, and you’ll see Özil is overrated.
His pre-madrid performance was not bad to be fair.
He is a good lad and a good player, amazing ability on the forth point. But I would prefer another type of midfielder and think our team would be better off with that.
I just don’t like people making his performance a “masterclass” out of some simple passes.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nah molly time is over, never will touch that **** again! Occasionally coke!

But hopefully you are planning to come to Iceland, I can then tell you all about my secret when it comes to football and why I can easily rate Özil higher than Hazard! I think you will like Iceland, some elite natural places to see, nice girls, the coke is getting better, Einstök, conversation with me!

For me I just support Özil because he get to much hate, did it for Walcott to! Özil has his flaws and I can see some decline in his game, but where I disagree with you is when you like say that 0.5 goal contribution against elite teams in the world is ****... I think that is to far. You could say it is decent for a playmaker and I wont argue. But I don't agree it is ****! After that I think he need a little bit defense. I spend a lot of hate on Elneny and Mustafi so it is a bit yin and yang!
I know why you do stuff... I've had a long time to study you. Your soul is too pure for AM. You need to cut it with something :p

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just seen a stat, Lacazette has scored in just 6 of 37 away games he’s played for this club in the league.

That on top of our consistently poor defence and midfield, I don’t know how you can only always call out Mesut for his away form.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Only three home games left for Mesut. Hope he can nab a couple of assists and go out on a bang.
Next season will be even better. Emery will have had even more time to build the team around him, settle the midfield and fix the winger situation. I honestly can’t wait, it didn’t look like it at first, but Emery and Özil is a match made in heaven. :D

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Just seen a stat, Lacazette has scored in just 6 of 37 away games he’s played for this club in the league.

That on top of our consistently poor defence and midfield, I don’t know how you can only always call out Mesut for his away form.
Embarrassing reach, this.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
How? Every week it’s about Özil not performing yet we have a back line always conceding and a striker who has scored only 3 away goals this season.
It's his sixth season and he's barely had any standout performances away from home. How do you expect a striker to score consistently if the most creative player in the team fails to turn up more often than not?

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's his sixth season and he's barely had any standout performances away from home. How do you expect a striker to score consistently if the most creative player in the team fails to turn up more often than not?
Another circular argument from you. Now I can argue how our creators can do anything when having Giroud as the only outlet for 5 years?

Creating chances isn’t a problem anyway, because I have seen Lacazette regularly miss them.

OSBK

Established Member

26 goals scored and 28 conceded away from home. We know its not the forward line, its the midfield and defence. Özil has not played all away games so whats the excuse for the horrific stat, it will be something Özil related on the training ground or some media made up story. If Özil tracked back more it would still be 26 goals scored and 28 conceeded and still he would get the blame.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
26 goals scored and 28 conceded away from home. We know its not the forward line, its the midfield and defence. Özil has not played all away games so whats the excuse for the horrific stat, it will be something Özil related on the training ground or some media made up story. If Özil tracked back more it would still be 26 goals scored and 28 conceeded and still he would get the blame.
This. Anyone who watched the Everton match could clearly see that our defence and midfield were piss poor. They could not get the ball to attack. Eventually Mesut started going back to get the ball and distribute from there. But that meant Mikhi and Laca were left alone for Everton defenders to deal with and we could not do **** from that position. But still people rush to Özil thread to complain about him. I don't think any player could have done anything from that position.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
For the record, nobody is blaming Özil for our sh!t away form. That is a straw man argument.

But if we're looking for factors at play, then his apparent sh!t form--along with many others--is one of them. Mistakes by defenders would be another, crap midfield performers etc etc. Good performances/performers can negate the detrimental stuff on some days. If they don't happen, then the chances of a positive result are diminished. Has Özil part of the problem away from home? Yes, he is. Is it solely his fault? No, it isn't. But he can only do what he can to help, and he hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom