• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Can’t keep blaming Wenger for everything, Emery has had two transfer windows now and he himself signed Suarez in January.

He was only able to go for people on loan ffs , who is going to loan out a top first team player in January ?
We tried to get Perisic but were unsurprisingly told to do one.
The summer he had a fifty odd million budget and a squad with no reliable centre back, no defensive midfielders, no wingers, no nongeriatric goalkeepers and one right back, most people (not trolling) would say given the resources we did pretty bloody well.
Torreira, Sokratis and Leno were great additions, even Lichtsteiner, eight Serie A titles on a free transfer, made sense.

You are talking as if he took over Man City's squad and just had to bring in a couple of £60m fullbacks, this squad was a complete clusterf*ck, even with a half decent chairman you are looking at least three or four windows to balance it out.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Bit harsh I think.

Nelson turned 19 4-5 months ago. A comparable player in Gnabry didn't really hit his stride until his move to Bremen at the age of 21 and even then he was a bit hot and cold. Factor in that Nelson is away from home comforts and in a foreign country and things don't look all that bad. He'll be better for this experience.

Depending on ins and out, I'd like to see him on loan at Bremen next season.

I think you read my take as more harsh than it was intended, because essentially I'm saying the same thing as you. The guy is seriously talented but only 19 years old, you mention Gnabry who also took "a bit longer" to hit his stride. You could name Sancho as well who only really came into the fold of Dortmund's first team towards the end of his first season there and now has exploded in his second.

I'm not saying Nelson's too bad, I'm arguing exactly that the boy is only 19 years old and that going by the overall rather underwhelming loan at Hoffenheim needs more time to develop - and that Arsenal probably isn't the right place for that next season as he needs consistent game time on a high level, but at the same time hasn't shown the signs yet where I'd go and say: "ok, this boy will definitely play a role at Arsenal next season." I just think his loan has shown pretty clearly that yes, he is talented, but that he's just not ready yet, especially not for Arsenal. That's why I think another loan is probably the best option for him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
With Nelson I honestly don't get the hype. Of course he's got bags of talent, but in all fairness despite 6 goals early in the season he hasn't shown anything that makes me think he could have any sort of impact at Arsenal yet. He's got a lot to learn regarding movement, workrate, perception and how to take part in a game of top flier football. He needs another loan. E.g. if Arsenal move for Brandt, I'd try to include a Nelson loan to Leverkusen. Gladbach, Leipzig, Bremen could all be neat destinations for another BL loan.

I'm starting to temper my expectations with him too tbh. Not because he isn't ridiculously talented, but he's too passive, doesn't seem to be able to translate his game from youth football to the seniors yet.
Someone like Hudson-Odoi, shows no fear when playing with Chelsea's first team and acts like he belongs, not afraid to play his game, same with Sancho. Nelson tends to usually go for the safe option even when that's not the best choice and he hides a bit too so the game just passes him by.

He still has time to improve that part of his game/mentality, and hopefully with experience he will, but I don't see him having any impact for us next season now, and another loan(where he's a starter and gets major minutes) would be the best.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

12 assists is nothing to be sniffed at, no matter who they’ve come against. Özil has only got double figures assists (in the league) once since he’s been with us.

People used to always say Özil needs better players around him right?

Well imagine if Fraser had better players around him?!

Think he's be worth a shot at 20m based on this season. Offered more than Suarez anyway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can see Bournemouth cash in for 20M if we get him plus another quality winger I'll be pleased about it

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Can see Bournemouth cash in for 20M if we get him plus another quality winger I'll be pleased about it

Didn't Walcott go for 20 million pounds or similar a year ago? Both are HG? Why would Fraser be cheaper with big clubs interested?

I think Fraser is now 7+11 in EPL, and Walcott 3+2. About 700 minutes difference in game time. Looks cheap to me with Walcott's injury background, don't know about Fraser's.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Didn't Walcott go for 20 million pounds or similar a year ago? Both are HG? Why would Fraser be cheaper with big clubs interested?

I think Fraser is now 7+11 in EPL, and Walcott 3+2. About 700 minutes difference in game time. Looks cheap to me with Walcott's injury background, don't know about Fraser's.
Fraser only got 1 left in contract won't cost more than 20M also he rejected new contract so there no reason for Bournemouth to let him stay then lose him for free

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Fraser only got 1 left in contract won't cost more than 20M also he rejected new contract so there no reason for Bournemouth to let him stay then lose him for free

How many years did Walcott have when sold?

Walcott's 2016/2017 season had him at about the same minutes (as in the comparson above, about 700 minute difference), and 10+2 vs the 7+11. And he was older than Fraser when sold. Stats made in Bournemouth vs Arsenal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom