• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,920

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How good is this balogouan kid?
Definitely in the mold of Nketiah and John-Jules similarly: an all-round forward with an ice-cool touch in front of goal. Very pacy, clever, dribbles very well and great at exploiting space. How good he can be won't really be seen until he has made more appearances at U23 and above. Nketiah and John-Jules have transferred their performance level higher. Balogun so far has added much injection when making his appearances for U23 so the sky is the limit. We have 3 excellent CFs at 19, 18 and 17 respectively. Interesting!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Dallas Cup starts soon, we've sent the bulk of the U18 team. Okonkwo is replacing the injured Iliev as U23 goalie so he doesn't travel, and the star trio John-Jules, Amaechi and Saka also stay behind as they are starters for the U23 team.

Arsenal’s Dallas Cup squad: Balogun, Clarke, Coyle, McEneff, McGuinness, M. Smith, Swanson, Hillson, Daley-Campbell, Spencer-Adams, Cottrell, Alebiosu, Dennis, Flaherty, Matthews, T. Smith, Greenwood, Azeez, Ogungbo, Musah, Taylor-Hart, Butler-Oyedeji.

Quite a few schoolboys are going. Saka went last year and raised his profile significantly with some excellent displays in this tournament. I believe it will do the same for a couple of the other schoolboys - this tournament could do wonders for the likes of Taylor-Hart, Azeez and Musah. The captain Matt Smith played in this tournament last year I believe so he'll be useful. The attack is very strong aswell - Balogun, Coyle and Greenwood all travelling and Cottrell also involved. Could be a tournament to keep an eye on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
some tasty skills on show here

Some talented kids included in that U16 team. Charlie Patino, Miguel Azeez, Yunus Musah, Mazeed Ogungbo and Kido Taylor-Hart are probably the 5 to make an impact next season for U18s. I'm almost certain that Patino will still be a schoolboy next season but he's pretty much an U16 regular already. He arrived with fanfare to Hale End as an 11 year old, and he's already close to the U18 team at 15.

Jeorge Bird has an article on Arseblog about Kido Taylor-Hart

https://arseblog.news/2019/04/could...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

He'll possibly be playing in the Dallas Cup tomorrow so will be intriguing to see how he does. Have seen bits of him and he certainly looks very talented, really good technique and dribbling - great turn of acceleration and agility too. He posts clips of his games on his instagram aswell, some good stuff on there.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
I'm beginning to feel negatively about loan deals as a whole. All too often we see the players we send on loan not get played. Can't trust other clubs. I think I'd now rather there be more investment in our reserve/youth team and have them play more against better quality opponents.
Sending players on loan to not feature in many games can actually hurt the player's development.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm beginning to feel negatively about loan deals as a whole. All too often we see the players we send on loan not get played. Can't trust other clubs. I think I'd now rather there be more investment in our reserve/youth team and have them play more against better quality opponents.
Sending players on loan to not feature in many games can actually hurt the player's development.
I used to think that (and still generally do if I'm honest) but objectively speaking, Emery is not going to trust them as much so I'd imagine that loans are the next best scenario. There's only so much U23 football they can play, they need better opposition.

I'd obviously prefer that they get those games here. There are games I feel we can give them a taste of first team football, without relying on them as major starters. These kids want to be challenged and tested, we cannot waste time and momentum IMO. But again, I don't think Emery is going to be brave enough to do that often. The best we can hope for is that our new loans manager does an excellent job this summer of finding the right teams for our youngsters to thrive.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Jenks scoring again :lol:

2 goals and an assist for Nketiah.

Amaechi is apparently playing more central tonight according to Jeorge Bird.

Top Bottom