• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,382

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What is this? Source? Get a good player for free? Very nice business I would say if true.

I understand he was once in Arsenal, but this sounds like April Fool's joke. I would imagine some money is needed in any case, no?

Apparently Arsenal can match any offer or get 30% of the sale. Certainly they can't just take him for free.

Maybe some have confused the word "competition" in this tweet with "compensation." Then you know how things get twisted.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Apparently Arsenal can match any offer or get 30% of the sale. Certainly they can't just take him for free.

Maybe some have confused the word "competition" in this tweet with "compensation." Then you know how things get twisted.

Wish Listed him two weeks ago. I deserve a cookie.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Look at Man City, we need more technical players.
Look at Man City. They have a fair few athletic players. Walker, KDB, Sterling, Mendy. Oddly enough Pep spent massively on of those players.

My apologises. I misread the tweets and thought it said compensation. Scan reading fail.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Look at Man City. They have a fair few athletic players. Walker, KDB, Sterling, Mendy. Oddly enough Pep spent massively on of those players.

My apologises. I misread the tweets and thought it said compensation. Scan reading fail.
Agree that Walker and Mandy are not that technical but they are defenders.
KDB, Sterling were both technical and athletic, but the former attribute is much more important when pep was considering to play them.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Agree that Walker and Mandy are not that technical but they are defenders.
KDB, Sterling were both technical and athletic, but the former attribute is much more important when pep was considering to play them.
So what you're saying is that its a combination of both. Thats what really matters at City. They have technical players and atheltic players or players that combine both. Whereas we have too many technical players and not enough who are athletic or combine both.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Okay, makes sense. Thanks! 30 % is pretty nice also. Straight to our transfer budget! *Kroenke sarcasm*

So does Bennacer have to come here if we want him?

I would imagine people like the idea of him replacing Elneny. Much younger and I think there wouldn't be big loss on money.

I like Elneny as a squad player, but an upgrade with potential would be great as the Everton match was horrible to watch along with some other performances I think. Not his fault totally but part of the midfield and was substituted at halftime.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
So what you're saying is that its a combination of both. Thats what really matters at City. They have technical players and atheltic players or players that combine both. Whereas we have too many technical players and not enough who are athletic or combine both.
We don’t have technical players in our team

Taxi Driver

2 assists and a great goal today for Fraser

If we could get him on the cheap (and with his contract situation I don't see why we should have to pay more than 20-25 million) I don't see any reason not to get him.

Worst case scenario we would still recoup most of that sum easily.

Wiltord's left boot

We don’t have technical players in our team

People still think we're the Arsenal from 2008 even though we were struggling to play out from the back at Goodison last week.

One of my mates actually said to me last year when Wenger was still manager, that 'I don't like Arsenal but respect them because they play the best football.'

Haven't we been pretty boring for about six years now?

Gone are the days of Nasri, Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas and Arshavin.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
People still think we're the Arsenal from 2008 even though we were struggling to play out from the back at Goodison last week.

One of my mates actually said to me last year when Wenger was still manager, that 'I don't like Arsenal but respect them because they play the best football.'

Haven't we been pretty boring for about six years now?

Gone are the days of Nasri, Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas and Arshavin.
Exactly mate
That was a good time. Having such talents playing some of the best football.
I really want that back, we have been playing boring football for years now...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Bennacer would be a handy Elneny replacement, sort of a mini-Torreira. Very perplexed when we let him go, but clearly his development has benefitted from it.

neimad

Bennacer would be a handy Elneny replacement, sort of a mini-Torreira. Very perplexed when we let him go, but clearly his development has benefitted from it.

I think having such a clause showed we thought he might kick on elsewhere. I don't mind us doing that as our loans don't seem to work out for the most part and this way we can get a second bite of the cherry.

ArsenalFever

Poverty is where the money is though, I wouldn't look too much into transfer budget predictions anyway, I'm sure the board will work in conjunction with the clubs needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom