• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If he's one of the worst squad performers, how come he was Arsenal's player of the season last year?

I'm genuinely baffled by some of the bollocks you lot talk.

Also, stop saying the club withdrew the offer like it was your decision to kick him out. He knows his market value, the Arsenal offer was an insult, he told them he's not signing and then the club make out they didn't want him anyway and have "withdrawn the contract offer". They must have been going through his bin bags to withdraw that offer. Do me a favour....

He's signed for Juventus for 400k a week, one of the top sides in world football and you are still questioning if he would have been worth 200k a week at Arsenal. What planet are you all on?

You're new here, but he makes for good reading whenever someone who's not Bellerin plays at right back.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If he's one of the worst squad performers, how come he was Arsenal's player of the season last year?

Also, stop saying the club withdrew the offer like it was your decision to kick him out. He knows his market value, the Arsenal offer was an insult, he told them he's not signing and then the club make out they didn't want him anyway and have "withdrawn the contract offer". They must have been going through his bin bags to withdraw that offer. Do me a favour....

He's signed for Juventus for 400k a week, one of the top sides in world football and you are still questioning if he would have been worth 200k a week at Arsenal. What planet are you all on?

Ramsey confirmed in a interview with Amy Lawrence that he thought the deal was verbally agreed for him to extend his contract but Arsenal informed hin they withdrew the offer.

Ramsey got player of the year last year because he came into a couple of games around the time of voting and due to him being marketable, "pretty"and social media presence a lot people over look just how bad he was for majority of the season (that and most people have short term memories and have a bandwagon mentality). Go through the Ramsey thread throughout last season and the more logical non Ramsey Fan girl posters are quite critical of his many poor performances (rightly so).

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Why on earth are you getting so defensive? This is a forum.. this is the Ramsey thread. I haven't been aggressive or off topic.. Is there something wrong with your basic communication skills that you can't have a simple conversation without being triggered?
Enlighten me then, why did we revoke the contract offer?

Weren't you two kissing each-other's ass over calling me a troll in another thread?

All I said to him was making a compilation of a player doesn't show their quality and he started throwing insults at me too. Now you can see who's the real troll.:lol:

Escy

Ramsey confirmed in a interview with Amy Lawrence that he thought the deal was verbally agreed for him to extend his contract but Arsenal informed hin they withdrew the offer.

Not going to say "I ****ed them off so I could sign for a bigger club on 3 times the money" is he? He's trying to stay on the fans good side while he's still at the club, wait for the autobiography in 10 years.

As for him being voted player of the season yet you think he's been ****, have you ever considered you haven't got a clue what you're talking about? Looks pretty obvious from where i'm sitting. You realise he's just been signed by Juventus, yeah?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Ramsey got player of the year last year because he came into a couple of games around the time of voting and due to him being marketable, "pretty"and social media presence a lot people over look just how bad he was for majority of the season (that and most people have short term memories and have a bandwagon mentality). Go through the Ramsey thread throughout last season and the more logical non Ramsey Fan girl posters are quite critical of his many poor performances (rightly so).
You’re right.
Ramsey is good with his movement and stamina. But he is also **** in many areas, first touch, close control, dribbling, passing, football intelligence, defensive positioning, tactical discipline......that cost us goals or make our team played bad.
He is too non technical to be considered a good player. I want my fabregas/cazorla type of player back.

Last edited:

Mitch

Not going to say "I ****ed them off so I could sign for a bigger club on 3 times the money" is he? He's trying to stay on the fans good side while he's still at the club, wait for the autobiography in 10 years.

As for him being voted player of the season yet you think he's been ****, have you ever considered you haven't got a clue what you're talking about? Looks pretty obvious from where i'm sitting. You realise he's just been signed by Juventus, yeah?

Other players and one seasons who have had accolades and praise wrongly only to be found out. As stated before not just me but many posters have criticsed Ramseys long term poor form for us. It's great that Ramsey is currently ingood form for us though.

The interview Ramsey gave was way before he was even linked to Juventus and was at the time on the bench for us.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I think the club saying they withdrew the offer was a goodwill PR move so the fans don't turn on Ramsey. Gazidis and Wenger would've exposed him to the world.

Escy

So the fans don't turn on Ramsey? They've never been on his side. Arsenal fans have spent the majority of his time there booing him. I remember him coming back from his injury, struggling to find his form which is natural, being put out on the wing which clearly isn't where he should be, clearly low on confidence and the Arsenal fans were booing him.

You'll realise what you've lost next season when he's tearing it up in Italy while Özil is strolling around not fancying it and the rest of the midfield is second rate and not able to create chances.

Mitch

So the fans don't turn on Ramsey? They've never been on his side. Arsenal fans have spent the majority of his time there booing him. I remember him coming back from his injury, struggling to find his form which is natural, being put out on the wing which clearly isn't where he should be, clearly low on confidence and the Arsenal fans were booing him.

You'll realise what you've lost next season when he's tearing it up in Italy while Özil is strolling around not fancying it and the rest of the midfield is second rate and not able to create chances.

With options of Özil and Mkhi at ACM and Torreira, Xhaka and Guendouzi at CM, all of whom I rate . I am not worried about losing Ramsey.

Beast Incarnate

Player of the season in probably our worst season in my lifetime. He was basically the tallest midget in the circus. He was just as inconsistent and crap as everyone else.

DasBootist

Weren't you two kissing each-other's ass over calling me a troll in another thread?

All I said to him was making a compilation of a player doesn't show their quality and he started throwing insults at me too. Now you can see who's the real troll.:lol:
You and the South African are equally clueless.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Ramsey is like a company making good revenue but also heavily in debt.
Fans and Juventus scouts only look at his positive side but have completely ignored his weaknesses.
Juventus will regret making the offer.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It hurt selecting 'No'.

He's the sort of player who deserves to be remembered as a legend, because of his mentality, balls, crucial goals and big game performances.

But there's just not been enough there, in terms of consistent quality. Also, legendary status is, for me, reserved for league winners.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He hasn’t signed for 400k/w mate that’s almost what Ronaldo is on at Juve. He’s signed for 250k/w which is, iirc, similar to what the club offered him before Emery pulled the plug.

250k/w over 4 years would be the same as if they bought him for 20m and then gave him a 150k/w contract. They probably would’ve had to pay 30m more if they bought him for full price with a few years on his contract left. Not bad business from Juve if you ask me.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It's brilliant business from Juve, they've just taken Arsenals best player (as voted for last season) for free.
Brilliant business from us, getting rid of ramsey, not paying him a high wage and free up wage budget for much better players. A cazorla, fabregas or nasri replacement will be good.

Last edited:

Escy

Don't kid yourself, a decent player will require the same wages Ramsey wanted plus a transfer fee. You'll be shopping for dross in Ligue 2 again.

Mitch

It's brilliant business from Juve, they've just taken Arsenals best player (as voted for last season) for free.

Sokratis, Kola, Torreira, Lacca, PEA and Xhaka have been more consisstent and all more deserving of POTS for Arsenal this season than Ramsey (although this is Ramsey best season since the purple patch over 5 years ago).

Ramsey will probably win it though due to his hair or posting IG photo of Rhino round the time of voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom