• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which positions would you target?

Which positions do you target? (Maximum of 3)

• GK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LB

Votes: 66 61.1%
  • CB

Votes: 70 64.8%
  • CB

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • RB

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Attacking CM

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • Winger

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • Winger

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • Number 10

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • CF

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I would avoid buying CB's unless they are de Ligt quality, but the thing is there are only 2-3 of that quality who are on the market and the price for them would take complete budget. Same goes for FB positions.

More realistic would be to get one quality wide player, there are plenty of them who will move and we really struggle both on RF and LF positions, compensating with players who are more comfortable central.

We will need to bring top quality in midfield to replace Ramsey and improve on our current options, Ideally it would be strong technical player who can rotate with Özil depending on the game intensity and push Xhaka to the bench in easier games.

Bringing squad players will depend on who leaves the club and decisions over loaned players like Bielik, Chambers and Nelson.

Realistic scenario: Winger + CM
Ideal scenario: Winger + CM + CB

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

CB should be first on the list, Koscielny is worn down and isn't able to play two games a week and it means Mustafi is out of the door as soon as possible.

LB second, also depends on Monreal staying or not. His contract is up in the summer I believe.

Winger third. I like our youngsters, but they aren't going to make an impact over an entire season and Nelson couldn't really cut it in a farmers league, so don't have high hopes he can claim a spot here.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we could only buy one player, I'd buy a CB. If we had Van Dyke top 4 wouldn't even be an issue. Sokratis is our best CB but he's 30. Kos may be able to play next season but how many games? Holding is very good. Mavro great potential. Mustafi will be sold. We need a WC CB to really move forward.

Next LB as a starter, Kola as a back up/rotation. Monreal I think will finish his career back home in Spain.

Next AM to replace Ramsey.

I would like a winger but not ahead of the 3 above. Thankfully the club is not restricted to just 3 like this poll is, so I expect all 4 of these positions to be sorted. Maybe even a CF if one of Laca or Auba leave.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm wondering if Iwobi and/or Mkhi can be that AM, while money could be spent on a technical fast winger we desperately need? It's very risky to go into a season trusting youngsters.

Then a starting LB, Mustafi upgrade and Elneny upgrade. The freeing wages should help a bit, and compensation from outgoing transfers.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Chukwueze (LW/RW)
Bennacer (CM/CDM/CAM)
Nkunku (CAM/CM/RWB)
Sessegnon/Fraser (LWB/LB)
Umtiti/Ake (CB)

Very achievable with the limited budget we'll have.

The two positions I think of importance with the changes we'll be seeing are a winger and Ramsey's replacement.

What is crazy is the amount of change we're going to see this transfer window. This team will be completely transformed with the ins and outs come next season.

Last edited:

ArsenalFever

Centre back, centre mid and right wing.

Depending on the wingers available in the summer and at what price, would determine right or left sided winger, preferably a high quality left winger would be priority over a good right winger.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
My priorities would be:

1. LB
2. Winger
3. Attacking CM
4. CB
5. Another winger
Completely agree with this list, except that I would opt for a more B2B CM or even a DM with technical ability (which would make Torreira the B2B cm). If there is any money left I would add at joint-fifth a backup RB.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
it depends on the departures.
Certanly we need a Center Back.
ElNeny can be replaced with Chambers.
A winger can be insteresting (i dont think Nelson is ready)
A midfielder if either one of Özil or Xhaka moves.

We dont need 4 players if we can keep most of the team together.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
it depends on the departures.
Certanly we need a Center Back.
ElNeny can be replaced with Chambers.
A winger can be insteresting (i dont think Nelson is ready)
A midfielder if either one of Özil or Xhaka moves.

We dont need 4 players if we can keep most of the team together.

You don't feel we need to replace Ramsey?

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I love Guendouzi but he is not going to replace the goals that Ramsey scores. We need a goal scoring AM.
We also need to win trophies and play more positive football.
Matteo needs minutes and confidence. He has no selling.
He can fit Ramsey´s place in the team for sure.

tcahill

Only get a CB if we manage to offload Mustafi. Otherwise we'll have 6, counting Monreal.

We need a Ramsey replacement. Torreira, Xhaka and Guendouzi are quality but that's not enough for multiple competitions.

LB is key, and there are plenty of affordable options on the market.

A quality winger would do wonders for our attack. Most of our width currently comes from fullbacks.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
If Emery intends to go with four at the back, we need 3 wingers before anything else, of which we currently have none. If not, and we persist with three at the back, I'd say CB, back-up RB, CM, AM, and then maybe LB. I like Kola and Nacho tbh.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ghendouzi can not replace Ramsey's goals or leadership qualities. At least not for a while, if at all.

We've lost Wilshere, Santi and Ramsey in 12 months. Our midfield needs improving.

Dacoure/Ndidi/Tolliso/Rabiot

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Impossible to say until we settle on a formation.

433 would be my preference but that requires major surgery. Makes so many players redundant. This 3412 at least fits the players we currently have. And i cant see us binning enough players to make the change id like. It means losing one of Lacazette or Aubameyang, Özil, Miki, Iwobi, Xhaka, Mustafi, Monreal or Kola. And probably a few more to boot.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom