• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Just seen a stat, Lacazette has scored in just 6 of 37 away games he’s played for this club in the league.

That on top of our consistently poor defence and midfield, I don’t know how you can only always call out Mesut for his away form.

You can't criticism Lacazette here without a legion of his fanboys coming for you.

If Mesut had a fresh hair cut every week and danced with his hips during celebrations these guys would love him more.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

If Mesut had a fresh hair cut every week and danced with his hips during celebrations these guys would love him more.
If he had a reason to dance in celebration, he wouldn't be getting flack. Doesn't score, doesn't assist. It'd look funny if he started doing the caterpillar all the way to the bench as he was subbed in the 65th minute again though.

I'll be very surprised and quite disappointed if he's chosen to play tonight. Can't afford to play him in physical away games anymore this season. He wont like that at all.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Gets another pass because most of the others were sh!t again... I mean, we can't really expect him to do anything if nobody does anything, can we? What have we got here, seriously? Where else on earth is a supposed world class player given such slack?

To think players like Alexis were hated...

:rofl:

Godwin1

Very well-known
Gets another pass because most of the others were sh!t again... I mean, we can't really expect him to do anything if nobody does anything, can we? What have we got here, seriously? Where else on earth is a supposed world class player given such slack?

To think players like Alexis were hated...

:rofl:
But he's not an impact sub remember.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Thought he was fine tbh, got into some decent positions to score but had his shots blocked and actually worked hard off the ball.
Sort of cameo you'd expect to get from a journeyman schemer type player in the twilight of his career. Not some bloke on 350k a week who's considered by people on here to be one of the best No.10's in the world. It's tragic :lol:

Oh_Snap

Just love the fact he's gonna be here at least one more season. Still our best player and still surrounded by mediocrity, soaking up the hate from the heathens.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Just love the fact he's gonna be here at least one more season. Still our best player and still surrounded by mediocrity, soaking up the hate from the heathens.
Since koscielny came back, he is better for me, id say leno is better than özil atm as well.

Oh_Snap

Since koscielny came back, he is better for me, id say leno is better than özil atm as well.
Had a moment where i thought of writing "outfield player" cuz of Leno, one of the few signings in the right direction in the past years. Kosc is a Boss too but i fear it'll be his last season for us. Will probably harder to replace than Mesut at one point. For Mesut we gonna have ESR who i have big hopes in. For defenders it looks grim.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Last time I was here only @Jury was fed up with his nonsense but now everybody has turned against him including one of his staunch supporters in @American_Gooner

My brother asked me the other day who I’d have picked between him and Hatem Ben Arfa and why knowing how both turned out? I replied Ben Arfa in instant.

I feel embarrassed when I remember how hard I celebrated when we signed him. What a shame...what a wasted talent.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Last time I was here only @Jury was fed up with his nonsense but now everybody has turned against him including one of his staunch supporters in @American_Gooner

My brother asked me the other day who I’d have picked between him and Hatem Ben Arfa and why knowing how both turned out? I replied Ben Arfa in instant.

I feel embarrassed when I remember how hard I celebrated when we signed him. What a shame...what a wasted talent.
I don't know if I've fully turned against him, I'm more like a disappointed parent with him. I know he has so much potential but he sits around at home playing PS4 all day. It's a shame.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Really really didn't want to see him starting a tough away game in the league. He's just not cut out for it at the moment. Sorry its come to this, but was delighted when I saw him missing from the line-up yesterday.

Miki's not much better away mind you, but its the lesser of 2 evils!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Really really didn't want to see him starting a tough away game in the league. He's just not cut out for it at the moment. Sorry its come to this, but was delighted when I saw him missing from the line-up yesterday.

Miki's not much better away mind you, but its the lesser of 2 evils!
I thought Özil was better than Mikhi when he came on. He made good runs and had some decent passes. One or two times could have had a shot as well. Mikhi was just poverty. I was hoping the ball didn;t get to him because he just fluffed it time and time again

ChefMan21

I think, based on sheer footballing ability, he's a class above the rest of the team. Which is why I think sometimes he gets singled out as a poor or non-performer. If I look at the other ten players in a team like Real Madrid, against the other ten players on the field at Arsenal, it's quite a difference. At Real, you might be able to be a little bit quiet because of the proven quality in the first XI whereas at Arsenal...

Seems to me Özil is the barometer of the strength/weakness of our squad (at least in terms of current stature of existing players) against Arsenal squads in the past. It's a big step from Adams/Vieira/Bergkamp/Pires/Henry et al to where we are now?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I thought Özil was better than Mikhi when he came on. He made good runs and had some decent passes. One or two times could have had a shot as well. Mikhi was just poverty. I was hoping the ball didn;t get to him because he just fluffed it time and time again

Agreed Mikhi had a horrific first half. I pray there will be a huge cull in the summer. Have very little love for a fair few of this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom