• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Last time I was here only @Jury was fed up with his nonsense but now everybody has turned against him including one of his staunch supporters in @American_Gooner

My brother asked me the other day who I’d have picked between him and Hatem Ben Arfa and why knowing how both turned out? I replied Ben Arfa in instant.

I feel embarrassed when I remember how hard I celebrated when we signed him. What a shame...what a wasted talent.
I’m like AG, I feel let down. I was super excited as you were. Don’t get me wrong, there have been some great highs along the way, but they were/are too few and far between for a player of his talent.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Who in their right mind wouldn’t? Even Hydro would. £50m for him all considered would be like stealing money.
well he is a brand.
he is unique.
when he feels like it he can change a game.
he is flashy
when he has spaces he is lethal.

China was in for him last year, they are probably still interested.

i know you dont like him but Özil is still top top top bracket for many reasons, not just because he is popular.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
well he is a brand.
he is unique.
when he feels like it he can change a game.
he is flashy
when he has spaces he is lethal.

China was in for him last year, they are probably still interested.

i know you dont like him but Özil is still top top top bracket for many reasons, not just because he is popular.
I don’t doubt his ceiling and never have done. I’m not sure there are many, if any, top clubs willing to take him though. That pretty much says it all, irrespective of how high or low any of us rate him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don’t think any manager in world football fancies getting the desired tune out of him, and won’t move heaven and earth to accommodate what little he offers on the whole.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I do like you @Jury but you not bored now of the Özil bashing? I stopped defending him a while back since everyone knows my opinion on him and it was going in circles.

I reckon if you stay out this thread for a few weeks you'll feel better, I certainly do.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I do like you @Jury but you not bored now of the Özil bashing? I stopped defending him a while back since everyone knows my opinion on him and it was going in circles.

I reckon if you stay out this thread for a few weeks you'll feel better, I certainly do.
Staying in or out of this thread doesn't impact the way I feel about anything. I'm still going to work every day, still eating food I like, having sex, masturbating, drinking beer and slaughtering lesser humans for lolz at my own leisure! Why would commenting in this or any thread make anyone feel any way at all? :lol:

GunnerUK

He’ll be here next season no doubt as we won’t be able to shift because of his wage. But I’m not writing him off his a top player just been really poor this season. His not even in the top 20 leaderboards for assists by a player of his standards that’s bad.!!

We had no choice but to renew his contract I can see why the club and Wenger made the decision to do it. Losing Sanchez and Özil at the same time would of been Catastrophic the fan base would of lost their sh!t. We’ve lost to many good players in the past because of wage restrictions and most have gone onto win major honours with other clubs.

Unfortunately it’s now Emery’s job to lower the wage bill hence why Ramsey was shown the door and why I personally think we won’t see players who command massive wages in the summer.

say yes

forum master baiter
I don’t understand how anybody could want us to build a side around a player on wages of approximately £20m / year, who can’t affect big games or games away from home (you know - half our fixtures), and who’s impact on matches even when playing in optimal conditions has significantly declined over the past few years.

We barely have the resources to compete with the City’s of this world as it is, let alone carrying that much dead weight.

Smart move is to ship him out this summer at the best price we can get and invest that money (£20m / season in wages + whatever fee we can get for him) in some young talent who might actually be able to help this club progress over the next few years. He’s done.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Staying in or out of this thread doesn't impact the way I feel about anything. I'm still going to work every day, still eating food I like, having sex, masturbating, drinking beer and slaughtering lesser humans for lolz at my own leisure! Why would commenting in this or any thread make anyone feel any way at all? :lol:

Does it not make you annoyed though? I use this forum in my me time and got sick and tried of coming on and defending my beloved Özil, having the same dumb argument, nearly made me move to Goonersworld or Bluemoon forum!

More just frustrating :lol:

how did you get into your human slaughter activity?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don’t understand how anybody could want us to build a side around a player on wages of approximately £20m / year, who can’t affect big games or games away from home (you know - half our fixtures), and who’s impact on matches even when playing in optimal conditions has significantly declined over the past few years.

We barely have the resources to compete with the City’s of this world as it is, let alone carrying that much dead weight.

Smart move is to ship him out this summer at the best price we can get and invest that money (£20m / season in wages + whatever fee we can get for him) in some young talent who might actually be able to help this club progress over the next few years. He’s done.
It's fairly simple, he doesn't want to move to China and I'm not sure he can get this money in MLS. With that out of the way, you wan't to use your most expensive player more on the field than on the bench and build something around it.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
those saying Özil wont find buyers because of his wages are the human embodiment of a whatsapp forward message... Just a year ago one of the most skint clubs in the world agreed to pay him those wages...and paid mkhi 200k...while Ramsey goes for 250-300k to Juventus....

Still they will keep spreading this "factoid" but never provide any basis for it. Its probably those who grew up in the leaded petrol and lead plumbing days..

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I'm super happy because I think he will 100% stay here next season and hopefully Emery will make him the main focus in our team!
The way Emery has been using him last few months I have no doubt Özil will be here next season, and I'm really happy about it. It's always the same few people in this thread that go in hiding when he helps us and are out here with the pitchforks when he doesn't have a great game. It will always be like that, and I'm ok with it knowing the stadium supports him, his teammates and ex-teammates speak highly of him openly. Even the manager that looked like he didn't fancy him for a long time turned to him when our season was on the line and is now regularly playing him. Nothing but faith in the future of our team, everything else is just noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom