• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I don't understand why are people so concerned with what they say, usually it's just stating the obvious after the match is over or they talk complete rubbish like this. I rather read comments from some of the people on the forum than listen to "experts" with an IQ of 90-100
They don't watch as many Arsenal games as Arsenal fans. Their only frame of reference is probably the big games and a couple of our Monday night matches when there's no other game to analyze. Even then the narrative is already set in their minds that since we've conceded a lot of goals it must mean that the keeper's played a part in it too.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
What a guy! My 2nd favorite player after Laca this season. His shot stopping is unbelievable and he slowly improves his control in the boy.

Man, I am afraid we won't have a transfer window like last summer for some time.

Malky

Established Member
He's been ****ing excellent, it has to be said. On top of his incredible shot stopping, he's so quick off his line - one vs one he doesn't give the opposition player any time to make a decision about what to do! An example is in the 2nd half, AMN got the credit for the block, but Leno did well coming off his line as quick, closing down the angle, staying big and forcing the player to go wide and giving AMN time to get across.
I could not be happier with how he's performed so far this season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's proving me wrong and I'm delighted. He's getting more vocal and if he keeps improving the command of the box, well have a top,top GK. Its actually his playing out from the back that has been slightly disappointing but I put that down to the lack ifotechnical ability in some of our outfield players

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
One of the success stories of the season without doubt. He’s been excellent between the sticks. His reflexes are genuinely world class- he’s so sharp.

The biggest thing about his game I’ve noticed though is his kicking. His distribution is fantastic. Left or right foot. At just 27 I feel like he can and will improve and become a top goalkeeper before long.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Well you must be very young then. Cech in his first season was worth about 11-12 points. He won golden glove 15-16
In 13-14 Szczesny won golden glove.

Meh, those Golden Gloves had more to do with our collective defending and CB partnership than with our goalkeepers. Both had great games here and there, but neither Szczesny nor Cech ever convinced me. Cech's best season for me has been without a doubt the current one, he was amazing up until his injury that gave Leno the #1 spot in the League.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Meh, those Golden Gloves had more to do with our collective defending and CB partnership than with our goalkeepers. Both had great games here and there, but neither Szczesny nor Cech ever convinced me. Cech's best season for me has been without a doubt the current one, he was amazing up until his injury that gave Leno the #1 spot in the League.
The statement was that it feels weird to have a GK earn us points. But both Szczesny and Cech had good games and earned us points in their golden gloves seasons. Even if the defense was sublime they still had games where they got us points.. Fact.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
The statement was that it feels weird to have a GK earn us points. But both Szczesny and Cech had good games and earned us points in their golden gloves seasons. Even if the defense was sublime they still had games where they got us points.. Fact.

Oh, right. But I think what he meant is that Leno has won us points in many games, without actually being the cause of us dropping points in any games whatsoever. A "De Gea 2017-18" effect, if you like. Cech and Wojciech won us points, but they also conceded very soft goals in games that were frustrating for the team, every now and then.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Oh, right. But I think what he meant is that Leno has won us points in many games, without actually being the cause of us dropping points in any games whatsoever. A "De Gea 2017-18" effect, if you like. Cech and Wojciech won us points, but they also conceded very soft goals in games that were frustrating for the team, every now and then.
That is a fair enough assessment. Sorry, not trying to make it seem like Leno hasn't been great. I really like the lad.

Preacher

Always Crying
D4XlIAeWsAA8TxK.png

D4XmPf6XsAAWEnI.png

Leno is the man.

Oh_Snap

Well you must be very young then. Cech in his first season was worth about 11-12 points.
All Cech ever did for us was basic to good goalkeeping. Can't remember any match where i'd say he gained us points (if you dont count normal, expected goalkeeping). On the other hand he did cost us quite an amount of points. Leno had so many saves this season where you could argue that Cech would have never saved those.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
All Cech ever did for us was basic to good goalkeeping. Can't remember any match where i'd say he gained us points (if you dont count normal, expected goalkeeping). On the other hand he did cost us quite an amount of points. Leno had so many saves this season where you could argue that Cech would have never saved those.

When he first arrived I think Cech definitely saved us points, but as he's gotten older he hasn't improved, and that's expected.

When we played Liverpool at home during, I think, his first season, he made some incredible saves.

Oh_Snap

When he first arrived I think Cech definitely saved us points, but as he's gotten older he hasn't improved, and that's expected.

When we played Liverpool at home during, I think, his first season, he made some incredible saves.
Have to admit i dont really remember this but more the horrendous errors he made over his time here, just human nature i guess.
In my opinion we got him way past his prime and in hindsight it probably would'Ve been smarter to keep Szczęsny. Just google "cech arsenal errors" if u want a ****show.
Absolute lovely and inspirational guy and i have a huge respect for him coming from a non-football country. It was just too late for us to sign him.

TornadoTed

Established Member
He is an excellent modern keeper, great shot stopper, comfortable with the ball at his feet, excellent distribution.

He definitely has to be one of the top 5 Premiership signings this season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He is an excellent modern keeper, great shot stopper, comfortable with the ball at his feet, excellent distribution.

He definitely has to be one of the top 5 Premiership signings this season.
Actually a bit annoying that he hasn't been mentioned as such moe often. Then again the league would have to admit we made 3 of the top 5 best signings this season (Torreira & Guendouzi):lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom