• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Neres

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
After tonight's performance, our chance to get him would be very slim
Yea, after tonight's performance I can see our scouts walking away from this. I would be more happy to bring Van de Beek to Arsenal.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We've missed the boat on Neres. Might be worth a punt on Dollberg as he's became something of a forgotten man in terms of young talent.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Already rumours that PSG are interested in Van de Beek.

Talent is so difficult to find these days, so many of the big/oil clubs come in so early on them and take the punt as they can afford the risk, any player who is having a 'moment' seems to get snapped up quick.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Talent is so difficult to find these days, so many of the big/oil clubs come in so early on them and take the punt as they can afford the risk, any player who is having a 'moment' seems to get snapped up quick.

There is more than enough talent to go around though. We just need to make the right buys for the right prices.

Pepe 75 million
Neres 45 million
Under 40 million

These are not reasonable prices. All those players develop a high element of rawness that top clubs can take a risk on with silly prices while having the ability to bench them. Look at Barcelona with Malcom and Dembele. These top clubs have bench players that can be starters for us. It makes no sense in us spending 70 million plus on someone who isn't guaranteed quality.

Torreira and Leno represent excellent value for money. They weren't unknown, we just made the right buy at the right price.

Pavon would cost 30 million. We could probably get him. Konate is gettable as is Nkunku.

One that is staring me in the face is Werner. He is massively linked to Liverpool and will leave at a knock down price. When you talk about a premier league centre forward that has all the traits to be successful, he fits the bill. Why not go for him? 35 million is doable.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
There is more than enough talent to go around though. We just need to make the right buys for the right prices.

Pepe 75 million
Neres 45 million
Under 40 million

These are not reasonable prices. All those players develop a high element of rawness that top clubs can take a risk on with silly prices while having the ability to bench them. Look at Barcelona with Malcom and Dembele. These top clubs have bench players that can be starters for us. It makes no sense in us spending 70 million plus on someone who isn't guaranteed quality.

Torreira and Leno represent excellent value for money. They weren't unknown, we just made the right buy at the right price.

Pavon would cost 30 million. We could probably get him. Konate is gettable as is Nkunku.

One that is staring me in the face is Werner. He is massively linked to Liverpool and will leave at a knock down price. When you talk about a premier league centre forward that has all the traits to be successful, he fits the bill. Why not go for him? 35 million is doable.

35mil for Werner, would he really come that cheap? Seems so low for what he is even with the contract situation.

Can see that Leipzig would prefer anyone to take him who is not Bayern though, Bundesliga is pretty much an entire feeder club for Bayern.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

a) Don't know which Werner you're talking about but if it's Timo from Leipzig you can't have seen him too often. He's very, very one dimensional relying almost exclusively on his pace and finishing in Rangnick's gegenpress and counter system. E.g. in Germany's more possession based game he has been struggling most of the time at CF, so much that Löw has resorted to often shift him outside as a second striker and play the more versatile Gnabry or Reus in the centre. That's not to say he's no good, I rate him, but "all the traits to be successful" is a bit of an overstatement. He could fit into Klopp's gegenpress in a role similar to Salah or in a two man forward line next to Firmino, but he'd have a very hard time as lone CF. He's technically not good enough, hold up game not good enough, passing not good enough.

b) He's going to be more expensive than 35m. Leipzig want 60m, but I guess it's going to be around 50m. Also his transfer to Bayern is said to be already done.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
a) Don't know which Werner you're talking about but if it's Timo from Leipzig you can't have seen him too often. He's very, very one dimensional relying almost exclusively on his pace and finishing in Rangnick's gegenpress and counter system. E.g. in Germany's more possession based game he has been struggling most of the time at CF, so much that Löw has resorted to often shift him outside as a second striker and play the more versatile Gnabry or Reus in the centre. That's not to say he's no good, I rate him, but "all the traits to be successful" is a bit of an overstatement. He could fit into Klopp's gegenpress in a role similar to Salah or in a two man forward line next to Firmino, but he'd have a very hard time as lone CF. He's technically not good enough, hold up game not good enough, passing not good enough.

b) He's going to be more expensive than 35m. Leipzig want 60m, but I guess it's going to be around 50m. Also his transfer to Bayern is said to be already done.

Pace and finishing is all you really need to be successful striker in England. Auba is literally a testament to that and Id say Werner is better in the air, has better dribbling and is stronger on the ball.

Leipzig have already said they need to sell him as they can't afford to let him go on a free so he will be 40 million max. Or he can just sit out one more year and go for free if they price him too high.

I think he is Liverpool bound to be honest.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Pace and finishing is all you really need to be successful striker in England. Auba is literally a testament to that and Id say Werner is better in the air, has better dribbling and is stronger on the ball.

Leipzig have already said they need to sell him as they can't afford to let him go on a free so he will be 40 million max. Or he can just sit out one more year and go for free if they price him too high.

I think he is Liverpool bound to be honest.

This is not at all the case. Aubameyang's greatest attribute is the knack. He has a knack for getting into the right positions, being in the right place at the right time. It's movement, timing, execution and work rate.

Not sure if we should be spending over 50% of our summer budget on this kid when we have Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Amiechi or Saka who could be doing the same thing as he in next two years. It just my opinion but I want to see CB and LB for top money before thinking about anything else.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
At 40-50m still a big profit to be made if we can let him develop & sell him to one of the elite clubs in 2022.

Good looking kid, exciting game, Brazilian & a WC year = $$$

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Don't get the hype on this kid, oh yeah he's brazillian and young o_O, prefer we develop our own honestly Nelson Ameachi and saka look better prospects, prefer we go all out on a proper defender and another wideman, not this kid though he looks painful average.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Dont get the hype? He has been a big player for an Ajax team that are in the semi final of the CL having knocked out Juventus and Real Madrid.

There is plenty of hype for that alone.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Dont get the hype? He has been a big player for an Ajax team that are in the semi final of the CL having knocked out Juventus and Real Madrid.

There is plenty of hype for that alone.
Have you watched him play ?, in most of the games he's played in he hasn't done much, there are other players in that squad who are really good, neres is overhyped ffs.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Have you watched him play ?, in most of the games he's played in he hasn't done much, there are other players in that squad who are really good, neres is overhyped ffs.
His goals and assists record domestically and Europe say youre wrong. Unless 10 appearances 2 goals and 2 assists are not doing much in Europe same as 27 league appearances 8 goals and 11 assists.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Don't get the hype on this kid, oh yeah he's brazillian and young o_O, prefer we develop our own honestly Nelson Ameachi and saka look better prospects, prefer we go all out on a proper defender and another wideman, not this kid though he looks painful average.
I'm definitely in favor of developing our own youth prospects, but we could definitely do with a proper winger. I think having a class winger in the starting XI will also benefit our prospects.

In my world, ideally we replace Iwobi and Mkhi with Fraser and Neres(/Bergwijn). Should at most cost about 20million net, possibly less.

Behind that we'd have Nelson and one of Saka/Ameachi battling for a spot in the starting XI with the other loaned to a PL side or similar.

Would be a massive upgrade to the current situation where basically only Iwobi is a winger and I still think he'd be better suited in midfield.

Only prerequisite is Emery actually rotating and giving chances to youth players, which I feel he is not doing enough currently but I hope that will improve.

Top Bottom