• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,468,169

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sold on Pepe at all, can't say I've seen a lot of him but what I have seen I don't think the price is what we need to be dropping especially as we will probably only spend that amount on one player so would prefer someone else.

For 60-70mil I'd like to see what else is out there and if necessary top it up and drop more on someone who is a game changer, not sure Pepe is.

I was hot and cold on Pepe earlier in the season and have therefore paid more attention to him since. Alot as been made about his goals, but I don't think you can look at that and say he is going to walk into the team and score 20 goals in a season.

However when it comes to top wingers who are young and left footed, but play on the right he is easily the best. He is very strong and tall and protects the ball in a similar 2ay to Iwobi. However, he does try things and he does lose the ball frequently. In transition he is very fast while dribbling and one on one he is very efficient. He can be lazy and his mentality maybe in question. Would he move to the most competitive league and challenge himself?

As much as he would be a welcome addition, the price of 70 million isn't realistic for us. 50 million maybe, but you don't pay 70 million for a winger from the French league who has no European football experience and has had the luxury of playing 1 game a week. His impact would be similar to that of Hazard or Sane in their first season. You don't blow the majority of your budget on that. You spend 70 million on someone who comes in and scores 20 goals as a wide player or 30 goals as a centre forward. I don't think he would do that.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport...eld-61304968,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

It's a Bild+ Article, but it is about Demirbay from Hoffenheim.

Think there were rumours about a transfer to Arsenal last season too. The article says, that Arsenal told Hoffenheim, that they have interest.

Looks like he has a release clause and Bild is speculating, that it is between 20-30€ million.

He is a bit under the radar in Germany and could be a replacement for Ramsey.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We been targeting Demirbay since few years ago if his release clause between 20-30M would be nice signing

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport...eld-61304968,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

It's a Bild+ Article, but it is about Demirbay from Hoffenheim.

Think there were rumours about a transfer to Arsenal last season too. The article says, that Arsenal told Hoffenheim, that they have interest.

Looks like he has a release clause and Bild is speculating, that it is between 20-30€ million.

He is a bit under the radar in Germany and could be a replacement for Ramsey.

Think if you can get him for the 25 - 30m it's a no brainer to replace Ramsey. You won't get better quality for anything less.

Very similar to Julian Brandt who I'd be all over for that measly 25m release clause. Usually you have to pay 50 or 60m for such players, now you can get them for half of that.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Think if you can get him for the 25 - 30m it's a no brainer to replace Ramsey. You won't get better quality for anything less.

Very similar to Julian Brandt who I'd be all over for that measly 25m release clause. Usually you have to pay 50 or 60m for such players, now you can get them for half of that.
What do you think of Fornals as a Ramsey replacement? He has a similar release clause iirc.

Toby

What do you think of Fornals as a Ramsey replacement? He has a similar release clause iirc.

Tbh I don't know very much about him, just that a lot of people on here hype him for whatever reasons. I always had him in my mind as a 10, kind of similar to Isco. And that would be imo the wrong profile to replace Ramsey.

I'd definitely look for a "real" central midfielder who can be shifted a little higher if need be or for tactical reasons. Demirbay or e.g. van de Beek - to me - seem more fitting on first glance. I think particularly Demirbay is an interesting thought, think he's got similarities to Gündogan, albiet he's definitely more of an attacker and less of a DLP/6 - like a B2B Gündogan.

Reactions: A_G

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
We should go all out for Timo Werner if the reported price of 40m euros is true. I'm sure we can offer a better pay packet to him than Bayern.

Toby

We should go all out for Timo Werner if the reported price of 40m euros is true. I'm sure we can offer a better pay packet to him than Bayern.

To quote myself here from another thread:

Him, his agent and Bayern have agreed on a deal, now it's just about agreeing on a fee for him. I guess it's going to be around 40 to 50m as his contract runs out in 2020 and Leipzig won't say no to that kind of money. All this means it's basically done. I think this has a 99% chance of happening and it'll be leaked to the press shortly before Leipzig and Bayern will meet in the DFB Cup final (Leipzig 100% beat Hamburg and Bayern will 100% beat Bremen in the semis).

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
To quote myself here from another thread:

Yeah, read your post and I believe he would join Bayern eventually. Just thinking it would be nice for another club to have a go at Leipzeig at the reported price.

On a different note, reading that Thauvin might be available after his amazing rant the other day.

benjamin86

Established Member

Wonder why there's no Brandt rumours 25m is our wheel house.

Toby

Noussair Mazraoui, Tagliafico and Donny Van De Beek are the players mentioned

Think eventually that'll become a problem with these Ajax players. Everyone is after them but beyond a certain threshold Overmars will start telling people to **** off - and that might be reached quicker than some think. It's clear they can't hold on to de Ligt and de Jong much longer after already having refused to sell last summer - now with a season like this they're gone. Although with de Ligt I'm not completely sure; he's two years younger than de Jong and their captain, wouldn't put it into the realm of impossibility that he stays another season.

The other candidates are of course Ziyech, Neres and van de Beek, but I can't see all of them going in addition to de Ligt and de Jong. I'd tip Ziyech to go first as he's at 26 the one who's probably going to push for a move the hardest if there's serious interest from the likes of Bayern.

I think you've got to be fast and decisive if you want Ajax players this summer because I'm pretty sure that after 3 or 4 have left and they already made 150 to 200m, Overmars will shut the door or raise the price.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom