• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,338
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Won't be surprised if he go to bayern for cheal they control everything in Germany

Apparently a done deal already. Him, his agent and Bayern have agreed on a deal, now it's just about agreeing on a fee for him. I guess it's going to be around 40 to 50m as his contract runs out in 2020 and Leipzig won't say no to that kind of money. All this means it's basically done. I think this has a 99% chance of happening and it'll be leaked to the press shortly before Leipzig and Bayern will meet in the DFB Cup final (Leipzig 100% beat Hamburg and Bayern will 100% beat Bremen in the semis).

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

What o_O!!! I imagine we have no chance on this but we should be all over it anyway, sell him the story of being our new 'guy', I rate Sane so highly and would love it if we had him.

Where is he likely to end up? Bayern, Madrid, I got no idea how interested teams are in him and never thought he would be available.

Could all be talk to boost that contract negotiation however.

Toby

This hurts, Sane is the player I would love to see us drop 70-90mil on :(

Don't think we can afford to drop that amount on one single player this summer. In the past Arsenal has been in the situation where it would've been the solution to lift the squad. Similar to Liverpool it was the right thing to spend big on two players in Allisson and van Dijk to give their squad the finishing touches. But before Arsenal can do this other things need to be done.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Don't think we can afford to drop that amount on one single player this summer. In the past Arsenal has been in the situation where it would've been the solution to lift the squad. Similar to Liverpool it was the right thing to spend big on two players in Allisson and van Dijk to give their squad the finishing touches. But before Arsenal can do this other things need to be done.

Good points. Has anyone counted how much money in wages we potentially free this summer? Aren't those wages nowadays the main reason Arsenal cannot usually buy many players?

Toby

Good points. Has anyone counted how much money in wages we potentially free this summer? Aren't those wages nowadays the main reason Arsenal cannot usually buy many players?

Counted not, I think. But with Cech, Ramsey, Lichtsteiner, Monreal off the books that's already a nice chunk to reinvest. If the club manages to sell Mkhi and Mustafi it's even more.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Oh I agree, however I would give the club a pass if it was Sane, as stupid as it may be I'd just love to have him on our left side for the next however many years.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Counted not, I think. But with Cech, Ramsey, Lichtsteiner, Monreal off the books that's already a nice chunk to reinvest. If the club manages to sell Mkhi and Mustafi it's even more.

Would be amazed if anyone is interested enough in Mkhi to get us out of the wage situation, wonder if we would have to pay him off.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Where is he likely to end up? Bayern, Madrid, I got no idea how interested teams are in him and never thought he would be available.
Juve, Bayern and Atleti supposedly interested.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
With the Werner and now Chiesa links, looks like Liverpool are serious about adding a big attacker. Might be something in the Mane to Real reports.

drippin

Along with Jenkinson and Welbeck possibly. Maybe Elneny. Do we need to offload Mkhi necessarily yet? He has been quite good for some periods.

We need replacements who of course will take wages, but there can be some rise in wages every season especially if we manage UCL.

I think there is quite good situation in this regard anyway. Emery can find the players he needs.

Toby

Would be amazed if anyone is interested enough in Mkhi to get us out of the wage situation, wonder if we would have to pay him off.

Maybe China or Italy if Raiola smells a big payday. The more his clients transfers the better for him.

Along with Jenkinson and Welbeck possibly. Maybe Elneny. Do we need to offload Mkhi necessarily yet? He has been quite good for some periods.

I'd definitely sell Mkhi. He's been far too inconsistent as a starter. If people complain about Ramsey and Özil in respect to wages/consistency of performances the Armenian should be out the door first.

I'd actually keep Welbeck. He can operate up top alone, with another striker or as a workhorse on the wings. Don't think he's on super massive wages, either.

I would love to replace Elneny with another more clearcut and physical defensive midfielder, but I just think that's where the budget is too tight and where we get into territory of too much change in the squad.

drippin

I'd definitely sell Mkhi. He's been far too inconsistent as a starter. If people complain about Ramsey and Özil in respect to wages/consistency of performances the Armenian should be out the door first.

I'd actually keep Welbeck. He can operate up top alone, with another striker or as a workhorse on the wings. Don't think he's on super massive wages, either.

I would love to replace Elneny with another more clearcut and physical defensive midfielder, but I just think that's where the budget is too tight and where we get into territory of too much change in the squad.

But isn't Mkhi 140 000 pounds per week or so? Might be tough to sell, but that is not over 200 000 pounds per week like Özil or Ramsey would be. Doesn't mean he has to be a starter, but we need a technical and pacy winger for sure to the other side.

Can Welbeck stay fit? Does he want to try being a starter at some club at this stage of his career? I like the guy and he was very good before the injury. If he wants to stay and not too big wages he is an asset.

Elneny could fetch something like 10-15 million in current market, and there might be some bargains in this window.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Maybe China or Italy if Raiola smells a big payday. The more his clients transfers the better for him.

I get what your saying regarding Welbeck but I just don't see the point in keeping him, he is out for huge chunks of the season, every season and what he does offer I don't think is worth keeping him around for, there is other players who could offer what Welbeck can and more without the constant injuries.

drippin

I get what your saying regarding Welbeck but I just don't see the point in keeping him, he is out for huge chunks of the season, every season and what he does offer I don't think is worth keeping him around for, there is other players who could offer what Welbeck can and more without the constant injuries.

I agree with this. Arsenal has had enough players who are injured in constant basis.

About Mkhi wages I think for example Lingard is with similar wages and I very much prefer Mkhi.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
One thing to keep in mind when listing all the players we think the club should sell is that it's not good to have too much turnover at one time. Arsenal needs to focus on areas of true need, replacing players who simply aren't up to the job(cough*Mustafi*cough), who may be getting older or whose contracts are expiring. It's not realistic to think that Arsenal is going to sell 10 players and bring in 10 to replace them. I'll be surprised if Micki is sold because he's still capable of some top performances, even if injuries have kept him from being as consistent as we'd all like. They'll already presumably be looking for a wide player. If they sell Mkhitaryan, they'll need to find two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom