• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
On this day, last year Wenger announced his retirement.

What a glorious day it was!
Nobody is irreplaceable in their job. But as man, as an icon he was unique.

He stood for the values of loyalty, love of the beautiful fame, hard work and dedication.

To have him as the figurehead of our club wasn’t just about his amazing stats over 22 years. . . it was an honour.

RIP the Wenger era, 1 year on.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Perfect time to lock this thread then.
You can’t close off people’s love for the man.

Like a Sumac tree, you can cut it down but it springs up elsewhere, because the roots go deep and wide.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The Times reporting Wenger pleaded with the board to sign Kante but Ivan ignored him and instead decided to back StatsDNA and sign Xhaka.

Probably the same happened with Mustafi I bet.

I imagine Wenger is too classy for it but I would love him to pen a book, the seasons after the stadium move and all the behind the scenes info would be so interesting to read, especially all the signings/non-signings and money side of it so we can really know what has happened to this club.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The Times reporting Wenger pleaded with the board to sign Kante but Ivan ignored him and instead decided to back StatsDNA and sign Xhaka.

Probably the same happened with Mustafi I bet.
But it became part of the narrative to say that Wenger was in charge of absolutely everything from transfers to tea making, like he was some sort of control freak. Then people could blame him for absolutely anything, including their rubbish lives.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not to my knowledge. But he was photographed with some young female rapper or hip hop artist or something shortly before the marital separation.
Don't think that is relevant. He stated openly the marriage was over for a couple years before they finally split

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There is still a part of me that honestly believes a lot of our final signings under his tenure weren't really *his* signings. But who knows, we'll never know unless someone reveals what went on.
Well he clearly wasn't involved with the Mavropanos or the Lucas signings.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah it is pretty clear that Wenger had lost most of the control over transfer and contract extension in the final years.

You don't know what his intentions where but Gazidis single handily destroyed this club.

Even Tim Payton who hates Wenger mentioned he had no say in transfers in the final year .

Did no one find it odd that Mustafif and El neny , the Spanish striker were put on the transfer market the very next year ? When does Wenger do that to players that he signs ? Never . He always has the conviction they will come good .

The story about Griezmann fits in with what Griezmann himself has said.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom