• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

DyPTZflUcAIfACS.jpg

Wiltord's left boot

Imagine if stan actually backed him in the market properly. I have noticed Emery's english is getter better and faster, which is probably helping.

We do need investment but we should be able to raise some cash by selling on some players this summer.

Its then about investing it wisely rather than making another Mustafi (35 f**king) million) mistake.

We need to use our scouting network and be picking up players like Son/Firmino.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We do need investment but we should be able to raise some cash by selling on some players this summer.

Its then about investing it wisely rather than making another Mustafi (35 f**king) million) mistake.

We need to use our scouting network and be picking up players like Son/Firmino.
Hopefully the club come up trumps with the cash needed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's earned his corn in the last month or so. It's not necessarily pretty but with a squad like ours currently, I guess it's not really supposed to be. I'm eager to see how the team takes shape once he has another Summer under his belt and pre-season is upon us. We make much of his conservative nature as a manager, but so far I've seen evidence that he's willing not only to adapt but to be brave when the time calls for it.

I'm not entirely convinced still, but I'm content with Emery in the short term and I'm eager to see what he does next with this team, whatever happens in the coming weeks.

say yes

forum master baiter
He's earned his corn in the last month or so. It's not necessarily pretty but with a squad like ours currently, I guess it's not really supposed to be. I'm eager to see how the team takes shape once he has another Summer under his belt and pre-season is upon us. We make much of his conservative nature as a manager, but so far I've seen evidence that he's willing not only to adapt but to be brave when the time calls for it.

I'm not entirely convinced still, but I'm content with Emery in the short term and I'm eager to see what he does next with this team, whatever happens in the coming weeks.

Actually think that the ‘short term’ argument hasn’t been made strongly enough for Unai.

I’ve been nothing but impressed so far but even if you’re seeing negatives / don’t think he’s good enough for us long term- there’s still so much to be said for having a capable, modern, sensible and pragmatic manager running the club at the moment.

Even if he only lasts three years - he’ll have taken the sting out of replacing club-legend Wenger for the next manager. He’ll have re-balanced our squad. He’ll have provided the club with some stability while it implements it’s new technical structure. And he’ll (hopefully) have got us back into the Champions League and competing for the best talent.

Unless he’s truly hopeless (and he’s clearly not) then we’ve no reason not to stick with him for the time being. If he’s not capable of taking us to the next level (once we’ve stabilised the ship) then that’s another matter for another day. Until then, I’m just delighted that our board managed to learn from the disastrous attempts to replace Fergie at Old Trafford.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Hope when he gets the personnel he wants we see some consistency in our performance and style, some real jackal and hyde stuff from us sometimes.

blaze_of_glory

Pretty much my thoughts as well. He's done very well in terms of results all year really, apart from that two-month dip (which looks stranger and stranger as time goes on). Very interested in who he tries to get in and who we are actually able to land.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Actually think that the ‘short term’ argument hasn’t been made strongly enough for Unai.

I’ve been nothing but impressed so far but even if you’re seeing negatives / don’t think he’s good enough for us long term- there’s still so much to be said for having a capable, modern, sensible and pragmatic manager running the club at the moment.

Even if he only lasts three years - he’ll have taken the sting out of replacing club-legend Wenger for the next manager. He’ll have re-balanced our squad. He’ll have provided the club with some stability while it implements it’s new technical structure. And he’ll (hopefully) have got us back into the Champions League and competing for the best talent.

Unless he’s truly hopeless (and he’s clearly not) then we’ve no reason not to stick with him for the time being. If he’s not capable of taking us to the next level (once we’ve stabilised the ship) then that’s another matter for another day. Until then, I’m just delighted that our board managed to learn from the disastrous attempts to replace Fergie at Old Trafford.
I initially believed that having a more structured manager would be a better bet to replace Wenger for the time being. My choice originally would have been Valencia's manager Marcelino (and for f*ckery purposes, I was not against Arteta being given the surprise nod :lol:), but Emery made sense and ticked a lot of boxes.

Yeah, he's been more conservative than I would have liked, but my feeling is that due to the cluttered nature of our squad, it's an expected reaction. He's shown himself to me to be more flexible than perhaps given credit. A lot of Arsenal fans I'm friends with are very purist regarding football (and just as big fans of Hale End as I am) so naturally are still not behind Emery but I'm definitely in support of him being at the helm for the foreseeable. He's managed to not take us backwards and salvaged the decline of our squad by upping their intensity, adding some tactical flexibility and giving them more structure. Now it's important for us to bring in a Sporting Director to aid him and the recruitment team in the shaping of the squad going forward for the next couple of years.

My one hope is that he does not abandon the Hale End talents, that would be a stain upon his management at the club IMO. Even if they aren't all first teamers - and I don't expect them all to be - they are all talents and could save us money on the squad while we put money towards more competitive targets, and bolstering our recruitment at both senior and youth level.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Pretty much my thoughts as well. He's done very well in terms of results all year really, apart from that two-month dip (which looks stranger and stranger as time goes on). Very interested in who he tries to get in and who we are actually able to land.
Me too - it could be an indication of the direction of the team for the next couple of seasons. I would argue we need more pace and technique added to the team. Emery's managed to up the intensity of our game but our athletic potential with regards to intensity is hampered by some of the slower, less agile players we still have in the team. I'm also wary of the growing lack of highly technical players in the squad - not many capable dribblers and even our strongest passers are sloppy with it. My preferred method would be a mix of promotion from within and a few recruitments - one big one at CB and 2 creative ones for LB and CM/RW/LW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom