• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace | April 21st | KO: 16:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal-Logo.jpg

Crystal-Palace-Unveil-New-Badge-crest-a.jpg

910014999999072_artboard%201%20copy%208.png

Might have to do every thread till the end of the season since I cba with us losing again.

Another must win/cup final game, likely to see us go into third with a win hopefully Sp**s dropping points and probably United.

Palace have nothing else to play for this year so hopefully we'll stomp them. Does Kos start again? I'm not sure find out Sunday. We'll see a fresh Özil with Xhaka and Torreira in midfield, probably see Iwobi come in for Auba.

Think we'll smash them and fly into 3rd.

Arsenal 4-0. COYG.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't expect is to do any smashing but hopefully we'll win. 1-0 will do me.

This is the time for squad players to step up. Koscielny shouldn't start. It's going to have to be Mavropanos (this is a much better game for him to start than Watford away) and Mustafi will have to play a part.

Özil, Iwobi and Mkhi should start. This is the type of game where you would sneaked in an Nketiah, Willock or Smith-Rowe. Think Monreal needs to be given some bench time but Zaha is one of the best players outside the "Big Six" on his day.

Elneny should feature at some point. Ramsey's injury today shows how we are becoming thin on the ground. Can we really not recall Chambers?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't expect is to do any smashing but hopefully we'll win. 1-0 will do me.

This is the time for squad players to step up. Koscielny shouldn't start. It's going to have to be Mavropanos (this is a much better game for him to start than Watford away) and Mustafi will have to play a part.

Özil, Iwobi and Mkhi should start. This is the type of game where you would sneaked in an Nketiah, Willock or Smith-Rowe. Think Monreal needs to be given some bench time but Zaha is one of the best players outside the "Big Six" on his day.

Elneny should feature at some point. Ramsey's injury today shows how we are becoming thin on the ground. Can we really not recall Chambers?
It'll probably be Guendouzi instead (honestly, would rather Guendouzi than Elneny anyway). I'd like to see Mavropanos again too, and I would probably give Nketiah a game aswell - but given Laca and Auba are both fit and at least one of them at any given time is firing, I don't see that here. Will be a pretty strong team I reckon, and think it'll be relatively comfortable after an hour. Speculating.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It'll probably be Guendouzi instead (honestly, would rather Guendouzi than Elneny anyway). I'd like to see Mavropanos again too, and I would probably give Nketiah a game aswell - but given Laca and Auba are both fit and at least one of them at any given time is firing, I don't see that here. Will be a pretty strong team I reckon, and think it'll be relatively comfortable after an hour. Speculating.
I'd forgotten him...must be the Latvian balsam liqueur. Or the licor da noz. I'm sure it wasn't the red wine.

I agree that we need to keep our strikers fit and firing but we also have to hold something in reserve. I just don't think Nketiah can start after months in the wilderness.

If we go 2-0 we win the game. ideally we want to be up to 3rd on Sunday and with at least same goal difference as Sp uds. I have a feeling Citeh are going to hammer them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd forgotten him...must be the Latvian balsam liqueur. Or the licor da noz. I'm sure it wasn't the red wine.

I agree that we need to keep our strikers fit and firing but we also have to hold something in reserve. I just don't think Nketiah can start after months in the wilderness.

If we go 2-0 we win the game. ideally we want to be up to 3rd on Sunday and with at least same goal difference as Sp uds. I have a feeling Citeh are going to hammer them.
Yeah I agree - he did do very well in his last outing for the U23s but If I'm Eddie, I'm preparing for next season instead. Emery has shown no trust in him whatsoever and I'm disappointed for him. He needs a loan ASAP, wouldn't even wait till late in the Summer, get that loan in just before pre-season starts. Not Championship either, a Bundesliga loan.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Why isn't this on Sky or BT?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yeah I agree - he did do very well in his last outing for the U23s but If I'm Eddie, I'm preparing for next season instead. Emery has shown no trust in him whatsoever and I'm disappointed for him. He needs a loan ASAP, wouldn't even wait till late in the Summer, get that loan in just before pre-season starts. Not Championship either, a Bundesliga loan.
I have a feeling Eddie is finished with us. Barring some unwanted injury he is never going to displace either of our two expensive strikers. If we played two up front regularly than that might provide opportunity for rotation and a third striker but don't think it will be the norm. This season was his big chance. He wasn't given enough time and he didn't make enough of the (few) chances he got.

We should be happy at least one young player has broken through. Can't put AMN back in the lamp now.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I have a feeling Eddie is finished with us. Barring some unwanted injury he is never going to displace either of our two expensive strikers. If we played two up front regularly than that might provide opportunity for rotation and a third striker but don't think it will be the norm. This season was his big chance. He wasn't given enough time and he didn't make enough of the (few) chances he got.

We should be happy at least one young player has broken through. Can't put AMN back in the lamp now.
I truly hope that isn't the case. Really need to keep him.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Hope we win and I agree with what was said about Dino coming in for Kos. Need him for Watford.

However!!!! Losing Ramsey is really going to hurt us IMO. Not necessarily for this home game, but for the remaining fixtures - We really need Matteo to step up.

Don't care if we get 3rd. Just solidify 4th, get more money for reinforcements in the summer. Hope the coaching staff is drilling this into the team at every fcking opportunity.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Hope we win and I agree with what was said about Dino coming in for Kos. Need him for Watford.

However!!!! Losing Ramsey is really going to hurt us IMO. Not necessarily for this home game, but for the remaining fixtures - We really need Matteo to step up.

Don't care if we get 3rd. Just solidify 4th, get more money for reinforcements in the summer. Hope the coaching staff is drilling this into the team at every fcking opportunity.
We already played Watford. We won 1-0.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's all about Zaha really he is thier key man should be routine win.

Same line up that played against napoli today

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's all about Zaha really he is thier key man should be routine win.

Same line up that played against napoli today
Impossible. Ramsey is injured and Leno plays league games. And that's just for starters. It would be madness to risk Koscielny in every game. It would be madness to drop Özil permanently Or not to use such squad as we have.

We can't afford to prioritise either tournament so we have to spread the playing time as much as possible.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Impossible. Ramsey is injured and Leno plays league games. And that's just for starters. It would be madness to risk Koscielny in every game. It would be madness to drop Özil permanently Or not to use such squad as we have.

We can't afford to prioritise either tournament so we have to spread the playing time as much as possible.
I would like us to go 4231 but really don't trust mustafi niles kola in this formation

HBL

Established Member
Got a feeling it will be 4atb then back to 3atb against Wolves in the week once Sokratis returns. Against Palace I think we'll go:

Lacazette
Aubameyang - Özil - Mkhi/Iwobi
Xhaka - Torreira
Monreal - Kosc - Mustafi - AMN
Leno​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom