• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
It really wasn't. The wall masked the direction of the ball well, and before the GK could react it was already too late.

Laca did well to get it on target though.

DasBootist

We're very lucky to have two world class forwards on our payroll. If one is off form, the other can step up and vice versa.

DasBootist

Even after today? I think you have a sentimental attachment to PEA.
I accept that players can go through blips. I was wise enough to keep quiet at the start of the season when Aubameyang was scoring consistently and Lacazette was in and out of the side.

Notice any similarities to the current situation?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
PEA is NOT World class, at least not from his body of work in the EPL.
His body of work in the EPL is 28 goals in 45 appearances. He's 1 goal behind the 2 front runners for the Golden Boot. By your metric, neither Lacazette nor Aubameyang are world class - it can be argued such anyway.

ksarp

I accept that players can go through blips. I was wise enough to keep quiet at the start of the season when Aubameyang was scoring consistently and Lacazette was in and out of the side.

Notice any similarities to the current situation?

Consistently fluffing easy chances is a “ blip”? This is who he is, a player who’s fortitude doesn’t match his ridiculous talent.

ksarp

His body of work in the EPL is 28 goals in 45 appearances. He's 1 goal behind the 2 front runners for the Golden Boot. By your metric, neither Lacazette nor Aubameyang are world class - it can be argued such anyway.

You’re going to state with a straight face that the most remarkable thing about PEA this season is his goal tally and not the plethora of misses? Come on , man.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You’re going to state with a straight face that the most remarkable thing about PEA this season is his goal tally and not the plethora of misses? Come on , man.

You're going way too hard trying to throw Auba under the bus, I get it I don't like his haircut either but he's a lethal striker. Get some solid wide players in and our attack will be even better.

Last 2 seasons we've basically had no other threat up front other than our striker it's ridiculous. Look at how Son and Lucas Moura step up when Kane is gone or Liverpool's trio or City's 1000 attackers.

akhil

Should realize PEA and Laca are putting up these numbers in the last couple of years during worst the time in the last 20 odd years of our club. Our attack is super imbalanced, contracts dramas to key players, an institution in Wenger leaving and a new manager with question marks after his PSG stint. A ton of pretty average attacking talent compared to our past, our most talented player being in and out constantly.

They've both been successful and I'm glad we got both of them. There is a dearth of striking talent. It'll be interesting to how City replace Aguero. Chelsea are struggling to get a quality striker. Benzema, Suarez, Lewandowski, Ronaldo will all need replacing soon enough in the next 2-3 of years. Kane and Mbappe will break transfer records if they move.

We're good on that front for a few years at least. I don't even think we over payed considering the way the market's changed in a very short time. We need to focus on getting talent to get the most out of these 2.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Every game from now till the end of the season is a cup final basically, this is where the likes of Sokratis, Leno, Auba, Laca etc will be really tested. Kos too, interesting to see what he has left in the tank.

Lacazette bangs in the goals over the next few weeks that gets us top 4 or European success then you’ll have to tip your hat to him.

ksarp

You're going way too hard trying to throw Auba under the bus, I get it I don't like his haircut either but he's a lethal striker. Get some solid wide players in and our attack will be even better.

Trying? Man he’s doing it to himself. You have to ask yourself , why is a guy with his goal tally not even being considered in the league MVP talks? You know why? It’s because in every game or so he’ll squander a golden chance that someone with his vaunted accolades shouldn’t. Don’t believe me? It will probably happen tomorrow or Wednesday.
Get some wide players? What’s that got to do with his weak mindset?

Again, I have nothing personal against Aubameyang, I am sure he is a great dude. Ok the field however, he has shown time and time again that he lacks the fortitude of a World class striker .

GOONER1991

Established Member
This will be controversial...

I don't rate Lacazette at all, and I think he's become a Giroud-esque cult hero for some fans, because of his "sauce". The numbers he puts up are average, so fans compare him to Firmino as he spends a lot of time dropping deep. The system allows for Firmino to play this was for Liverpool, as they have goal-scoring wide forwards. Lacazette for the most part is redundant in our system.

I don't even think Lacazette is that good at this. There are times when Lacazette will pull a good dribble out (such as against Palace), but this is once every few games or so. Other than that, it tends to be buying fouls, rather than moving the team up the pitch. When Lacazette does manage to play the ball off, he fails to keep up with play, and tends to be meandering outside the box while the ball is delivered. Furthermore, for all his clear technical skill, it takes Lacazette an age to make a decision. Aubameyang misses chances, but Lacazette fails to get a shot off time and time again, as he always wants to take a touch in the box.

Without a doubt, Lacazette is a hard worker and has undoubted technical ability which has endeared him to fans, but I argue that this does not translate into most matches. Lacazette has no one elite attribute that strikes fears into opposition CBs.

Personally, I'm staggered by the amount of people who would rather sell joint top scorer Aubameyang in the summer, over 13 goals a season Lacazette. Aubameyang can be frustrating, but for my starting striker, I would 100% prefer a player who is wasteful but scores A LOT of goals, than someone who struggles to find shooting opportunities, especially with our wing options as they stand.

(Expecting fire for this...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom