• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
70 Million spent and now we've matched our run in this cup from last season and are currently two place higher on the table in the league. That's definitely the level of progress you'd expect going into the season and it might not have been pretty or smooth sailing but he is achieving near maximum with this squad now.

I wasn't fan of the absolutely dreadful football we were playing for a big chunk of the season and was in the camp that he should be let go if we ended outside of top 4 and crashed out of EL. But if things end as they stand now with us in top four he deserves all the credit.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The results have improved massively since the obsession with starting Iwobi and Mkhitaryan together with one striker for a good 2 months or so and I’m so glad he’s not like most managers to stubbornly not change things because that’d mean being proven wrong. Instead he saw his mistakes and worked to fix them. Massive credit for that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The results have improved massively since the obsession with starting Iwobi and Mkhitaryan together with one striker for a good 2 months or so and I’m so glad he’s not like most managers to stubbornly not change things because that’d mean being proven wrong. Instead he saw his mistakes and worked to fix them. Massive credit for that.
Iwobi and Mhkitaryan are two glaring weakpoints in the squad currently. Iwobi - a player I like - is nowhere near potent enough to continuously start as an attacker, while Mkhitaryan is the most inconsistent attacker we have. Emery's bane is that they're the two foremost senior options for those wide spaces - as such, we have an overreliance on Aubameyang and Lacazette for goals. Those wide spots definitely require new blood - within or without.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I wasn't fan of the absolutely dreadful football we were playing for a big chunk of the season and was in the camp that he should be let go if we ended outside of top 4 and crashed out of EL. But if things end as they stand now with us in top four he deserves all the credit.

The criteria for letting him go after his first season should be that we were embroiled in a relegation struggle!

How can you want a new manager out after one season?? After a couple of seasons of dross, fair enough. But one season, cmon man. Haven’t you ever been really unimpressed with something initially and it turned out great in the end?

I didn’t think that much of the first few episodes of “The Wire”. The rest is history.....:lol:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
The criteria for letting him go after his first season should be that we were embroiled in a relegation struggle!

How can you want a new manager out after one season?? After a couple of seasons of dross, fair enough. But one season, cmon man. Haven’t you ever been really unimpressed with something initially and it turned out great in the end?

I didn’t think that much of the first few episodes of “The Wire”. The rest is history.....:lol:
Is it worth watching then? I really want to try it but apparently it's sooo slooow.

Need something to fill the Breaking Bad void in My heart.

ptrcopp

I am really amazed by the forum on here at times. There’s was a period of about 6 weeks when Emery really didn’t look like he knew what he was doing. But that period also coincided with significant injury problems.

From the beginning he has shown he does know what he is doing: the three first team signings all filled holes that desperately needed filling.

We are now in a position to finish in The top four for the first time in three years and have gone the furthest in Europe four ten years. We will also have finished on more points than last season.

The stats are also impressive: the likely good is we will have scored more and conceded less than last season - and Emery has the most wins in the first 50 games than any other Arsenal manager.

And for those moaning about style... well we’ve been watching different games because I’ve been impressed at times. We are far better at working the spaces - the wings and the channels - than we were the last couple of season. Sometimes it messes up, but of course it does, that’s football.

Remember this is suppose to be a transition season.

Calling on him to be sacked when most of us here wouldn’t have expected top 4 in his first season is plain stupid

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Those wide spots definitely require new blood - within or without.

Definitely from outside, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan are better than the youngsters we have. We need top class wide players not blooding in youngsters.

One of the most annoying things about Arsenal fans is we think you can just fill any position with an academy player like we're constantly producing Mbappe like players. You want a 18 year old Iwobi starting for us?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
One tiny detail I've noticed about him is that no matter how many times the referee gives a ridiculous undeserved freekick to the opposition, he doesn't waste time complaining about it to the fourth official. But in an instant he's almost on the edge of the pitch shouting instructions, telling players which positions to take and to stay switched on. It's really reassuring to watch as a fan and probably is to the players as well.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Is it worth watching then? I really want to try it but apparently it's sooo slooow.

For me The Wire, Breaking Bad & Mad Men were the titans of the recent golden age of television which just ended, mainly due to a zombie virus. But not everything is for everyone.

There are many great shows out there to fill your hunger, you’ll find a few with a bit of luck & research.

Maybe you could also try....

say yes

forum master baiter

It’s the greatest tv show (and arguably visual content) ever created. Yes, you absolutely should watch it.

For me The Wire, Breaking Bad & Mad Men were the titans of the recent golden age of television which just ended, mainly due to a zombie virus. But not everything is for everyone.

There are many great shows out there to fill your hunger, you’ll find a few with a bit of luck & research.

Maybe you could also try....

Scandalous lack of mention for the Sopranos.

Don’t think that Mad Men comes close to those shows either. Breaking Bad, Sopranos and the Wire are simply in a class of their own. Wire is the best of the bunch for me but they’re all pretty much flawless so I could readily understand an argument being made for one of the other two. Wouldn’t have Mad Men in my top 10.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
So do people still don’t see any progress with Emery? :lol:

Even if stats don’t show it I think we’re even showing progress in defensive department, especially in the past couple of weeks. One of the last arguments of Emery moaners.

The shape and structure when we’re defending are more defined and players more in sync than in previous seasons. We’re executing offside traps more efficiently which was one of the main strengths against Napoli imo. We’re very solid on set pieces but that was a trend that was already seen under Wenger.

For me it’s no coincidence we’re seeing these improvements late in the season, mainly because Emery needed time to impose his ideas and change the mentality, and injury to two key players (Hector, Holding) really derailed his plans mid season. Kos getting into his groove and Leno maturing into his role helped as well, obviously.

We’re looking good for the top4 and I honestly think we’re the best team left in the Europa. A trophy and top 4 place would represent an excellent first season for Emery and a solid corner stone on which we can build the identity and quality of this team.

say yes

forum master baiter
So do people still don’t see any progress with Emery? :lol:

Even if stats don’t show it I think we’re even showing progress in defensive department, especially in the past couple of weeks. One of the last arguments of Emery moaners.

The shape and structure when we’re defending are more defined and players more in sync than in previous seasons. We’re executing offside traps more efficiently which was one of the main strengths against Napoli imo. We’re very solid on set pieces but that was a trend that was already seen under Wenger.

For me it’s no coincidence we’re seeing these improvements late in the season, mainly because Emery needed time to impose his ideas and change the mentality, and injury to two key players (Hector, Holding) really derailed his plans mid season. Kos getting into his groove and Leno maturing into his role helped as well, obviously.

We’re looking good for the top4 and I honestly think we’re the best team left in the Europa. A trophy and top 4 place would represent an excellent first season for Emery and a solid corner stone on which we can build the identity and quality of this team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Definitely from outside, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan are better than the youngsters we have. We need top class wide players not blooding in youngsters.

One of the most annoying things about Arsenal fans is we think you can just fill any position with an academy player like we're constantly producing Mbappe like players. You want a 18 year old Iwobi starting for us?
No but I'll take an 18 year old Saka. We will never agree on this so leave it out.

I would prefer both recruitment and blooding our youngsters who will go on to be better.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Some people really love hyping up stuff.

I was at a friend's yesterday having BBQ and watching the EL games. Everyone was completely neutral towards Arsenal. They really don't care apart from general interest in football; like no one of them is a fan of another english club so there's no bias. Almost all of them watch a lot of football or play football.

Every single one of them said that Arsenal were playing ****, had a **** squad and a **** manager. And it's hit me a bit but it's mostly true. Couple of years ago Arsenal were at least playing great footy and then dying in beauty and there was respect, but the last two Wenger seasons were horrible and Emery honestly isn't making it any better. If you put down the tainted glasses for a sec, it's all basically just as **** as last season. We had nice games and wins in Wenger's last season, too, you know.

Saying this is progress is like saying Stuttgart are doing great staying in the relegation spot while failing to address the -34 goal difference and 21 points, this being probably the worst Bundesliga season ever and VfB only not being last because there's two teams who are even more ****ed up.

Make no mistake, if United and Chelsea weren't such ****shows of clubs this season, Arsenal would definitely miss the CL. **** me, progress. Guys cling to every straw to make this seem some grand achievement of Emery and like this is a super exciting project. Well, it just isn't right now. For example Ajax is. This isn't. And I know there will be a ton of people now having a go at me looking at the smallest and most insignificant things saying I have an agenda or don't like Emery for whatever reasons - a man I couldn't be more indifferent toward - saying what the man's doing is like winning the World Cup and he's omg the best ever and like such a great manager and you know he's got such a nice name with a deep meaning....I mean, come on guys. And you know I'm not making this up, there have seriously and ridiculously been people who were arguing for the guy with the translated meaning of his middle or second last name or whatever. I've more than ever come to face it after watching an Arsenal match with neutral fans that right now this isn't going anywhere really. Hope next season will be different, with or without Emery, couldn't care less if he gets to stay or has to go right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom