• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

My point is that I’d doubt going to a method of kids + superstars is realistic for a club like us.

Yeah but why are you replying me trying to make it out that I was saying I was expecting us to play kids in every position when it stand in the first line of my post that I wasn't expecting it at all?

The contest in my reply to the poster I was replying is quite clear. I wasn't expecting us to play kids in every position. I just said that our current academy players are very strong and we should be looking at them more. Then I said just because Iwobi hasn't worked out as planned we shouldn't just give up on the others.

But to reply to your post although I don't understand why they are replies to mine. I do think team with money stature like ours need to find the right balance between immediate gains and long term development. Specially now that our academy is very strong and we have extra games for development because we are in EL not CL.

Also I don't expect kids + superstars to be the blend either. I don't even think we can attract superstars anymore. But I want us to think harder when we are signing Elneny, Lichtsteiner or Denise Suarez if their limited game time wouldn't have served better here to some other we already have.

My idea was buying top top quality in defense this summer. Our attack if we keep it is decent and backed with wealth of attacking talents like Nelson, Nketiah and Smith-Rowe. I wouldn't want to sign Denis Suarez over them. But if we can find top wide-forward, a one that is a lot better than Suarez I would take it!

Thankfully its not long ago that Emery talked about that he recognizes our academy, with full season he has got to know them and he will find the right balance for the squad next season!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but why are you replying me trying to make it out that I was saying I was expecting us to play kids in every position when it stand in the first line of my post that I wasn't expecting it at all?

The contest in my reply to the poster I was replying is quite clear. I wasn't expecting us to play kids in every position. I just said that our current academy players are very strong and we should be looking at them more. Then I said just because Iwobi hasn't worked out as planned we shouldn't just give up on the others.

But to reply to your post although I don't understand why they are replies to mine. I do think team with money stature like ours need to find the right balance between immediate gains and long term development. Specially now that our academy is very strong and we have extra games for development because we are in EL not CL.

Also I don't expect kids + superstars to be the blend either. I don't even think we can attract superstars anymore. But I want us to think harder when we are signing Elneny, Lichtsteiner or Denise Suarez if their limited game time wouldn't have served better here to some other we already have.

My idea was buying top top quality in defense this summer. Our attack if we keep it is decent and backed with wealth of attacking talents like Nelson, Nketiah and Smith-Rowe. I wouldn't want to sign Denis Suarez over them. But if we can find top wide-forward, a one that is a lot better than Suarez I would take it!

Thankfully its not long ago that Emery talked about that he recognizes our academy, with full season he has got to know them and he will find the right balance for the squad next season!

Ok I get what you were saying now. My apologies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Umm... yes... ??

Didnt mean it as an outright retort, but I'm trying to figure your train of thought on it "doubt...is realistic".

Considering 4 comps with the need for rotation, and progression in their development...

I meant in the starting XI but regardless think we’re coming at this from the same place.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It is the best show I've ever watched. Intelligent cop shows are hard to find. This is as realistic as you'll find a cop show mixed with drug lords.

Some of the best quotes come from this show as well. "Come at the king, you best not miss...,"

More than cops and drug lords. It’s an accurate depiction of every atom of Baltimores socio-economic collapse - from the mayor, through the failing newspaper and schools, cops, dealers right down to the street addict.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The last time we played nice football was in 13/14 season in Özil first season. Its difficult to play beautiful football when Özil is on form and have no width

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Some people really love hyping up stuff.

I was at a friend's yesterday having BBQ and watching the EL games. Everyone was completely neutral towards Arsenal. They really don't care apart from general interest in football; like no one of them is a fan of another english club so there's no bias. Almost all of them watch a lot of football or play football.

Every single one of them said that Arsenal were playing ****, had a **** squad and a **** manager. And it's hit me a bit but it's mostly true. Couple of years ago Arsenal were at least playing great footy and then dying in beauty and there was respect, but the last two Wenger seasons were horrible and Emery honestly isn't making it any better. If you put down the tainted glasses for a sec, it's all basically just as **** as last season. We had nice games and wins in Wenger's last season, too, you know.

Saying this is progress is like saying Stuttgart are doing great staying in the relegation spot while failing to address the -34 goal difference and 21 points, this being probably the worst Bundesliga season ever and VfB only not being last because there's two teams who are even more ****ed up.

Make no mistake, if United and Chelsea weren't such ****shows of clubs this season, Arsenal would definitely miss the CL. **** me, progress. Guys cling to every straw to make this seem some grand achievement of Emery and like this is a super exciting project. Well, it just isn't right now. For example Ajax is. This isn't. And I know there will be a ton of people now having a go at me looking at the smallest and most insignificant things saying I have an agenda or don't like Emery for whatever reasons - a man I couldn't be more indifferent toward - saying what the man's doing is like winning the World Cup and he's omg the best ever and like such a great manager and you know he's got such a nice name with a deep meaning....I mean, come on guys. And you know I'm not making this up, there have seriously and ridiculously been people who were arguing for the guy with the translated meaning of his middle or second last name or whatever. I've more than ever come to face it after watching an Arsenal match with neutral fans that right now this isn't going anywhere really. Hope next season will be different, with or without Emery, couldn't care less if he gets to stay or has to go right now.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

akhil

We need a leftback and someone who can go into the team immediately and a speedy winger. One of Iwobi or Mikhi should be sold, preferably Mikhi since there is no upside in keeping him and he's on big wages.

There's a decent chunk of wages that will be cleared out this summer.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I was at a friend's yesterday having BBQ and watching the EL games. Everyone was completely neutral towards Arsenal. They really don't care apart from general interest in football; like no one of them is a fan of another english club so there's no bias. Almost all of them watch a lot of football or play football.

Every single one of them said that Arsenal were playing ****, had a **** squad and a **** manager. And it's hit me a bit but it's mostly true. Couple of years ago Arsenal were at least playing great footy and then dying in beauty and there was respect, but the last two Wenger seasons were horrible and Emery honestly isn't making it any better. If you put down the tainted glasses for a sec, it's all basically just as **** as last season. We had nice games and wins in Wenger's last season, too, you know.

Saying this is progress is like saying Stuttgart are doing great staying in the relegation spot while failing to address the -34 goal difference and 21 points, this being probably the worst Bundesliga season ever and VfB only not being last because there's two teams who are even more ****ed up.

Make no mistake, if United and Chelsea weren't such ****shows of clubs this season, Arsenal would definitely miss the CL. **** me, progress. Guys cling to every straw to make this seem some grand achievement of Emery and like this is a super exciting project. Well, it just isn't right now. For example Ajax is. This isn't. And I know there will be a ton of people now having a go at me looking at the smallest and most insignificant things saying I have an agenda or don't like Emery for whatever reasons - a man I couldn't be more indifferent toward - saying what the man's doing is like winning the World Cup and he's omg the best ever and like such a great manager and you know he's got such a nice name with a deep meaning....I mean, come on guys. And you know I'm not making this up, there have seriously and ridiculously been people who were arguing for the guy with the translated meaning of his middle or second last name or whatever. I've more than ever come to face it after watching an Arsenal match with neutral fans that right now this isn't going anywhere really. Hope next season will be different, with or without Emery, couldn't care less if he gets to stay or has to go right now.
Think it's a sad reflection of the shambles that were Wengers last two seasons.

If Wenger had left after the first FA win with Alexis, Özil and Cazorla in prime form, the reaction to the dull football would be much more negative.

Right now, we are doing slightly better than expected, mainly because of the tactical changes. But I expect much more next season

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi

man, you are going to get so banned... :D:D:D

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Think it's a sad reflection of the shambles that were Wengers last two seasons.

If Wenger had left after the first FA win with Alexis, Özil and Cazorla in prime form, the reaction to the dull football would be much more negative.

Right now, we are doing slightly better than expected, mainly because of the tactical changes. But I expect much more next season

And if Emery had an Alexis and a Cazorla in prime form, I think we would have played a more attractive football too.

There is a lack of technical ability, of width in our team.

say yes

forum master baiter
I think Toby assumed that, because Emery's full name was typed out, people were doing it as a sign of some special affection for him. When in reality it's just the auto-correct changing it.

And the autocorrect only changes it when people are trying to abuse Emery. So definitely not the ‘special affection’ that Toby seems to have been perceiving :lol:

Poor guy. I’ve never seen Arsenal doing well affect one of our own so badly. One of the all-time great AM meltdowns. Lovely stuff. But also sad.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Actually sometimes people called him B*umery sarcastically, like here

can see the confusion tbh

What are the other autocorrects? Can’t remember.

Is it Jack Wilshere instead of Jack Wilshere and Santi Carzola?

Edit: So the mods have changed the autocorrect, sickening.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What are the other autocorrects? Can’t remember.

Is it Jack Wilshere instead of Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla?

Edit: So the mods have changed the autocorrect, sickening.
Type out Guillem Ballb@g.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Type out Guillem Ballb@g.

Guillem Ballbag

thumb.png

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If you post something like this you have to be prepared for some serious backlash. You are aware this is an Arsenal fan forum, are you not? Politely saying, this was a bit of a crumbly biscuit of a post you delivered there...

Plus bringing in Stuttgart into the conversation? What is that? In the Bundesliga (and next season in the Second Bundesliga) I support Hannover 96 and I wouldn't dream of bringing them into a discussion around Arsenal. Not that Stuttgart are quite as bad (really no one is), but there is s**t, then there is s**t and then there is competing at the highest level in club football in Europe as we are in the PL. We are maybe not as pretty on the eye as we have been in earlier incarnations, but we play good solid football and are getting some pretty decent results. It is just because Liverpool and Man City are playing out of this world right now we look average. We are at 66 points at this point in the league. That is pretty good to be honest. 3 points better than after 38 games last season. Let's admit progress where there is progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom