• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So brilliant to get the goal. So brilliant all round. EXCEPT, his finishing... Missed easy chance after easy chance all game long. Becoming a concern. If he had better finishing he'd be the golden boot by a country mile.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
On the basis that most players don't have the pace to score a goal like this, Dean Saunders may be right!

Aevi

Hale End FC
He puts himself into great positions in attack, and that sets him apart from many other players, but goodness is he frustrating when it comes to putting the chances away. Thankfully it hasn't cost us too much recently as far as I can recall, but when it does, I think we'll see some pitchforks.

That Tottenham pen still hurts.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He puts himself into great position in attack, and that sets him apart from many other players, but goodness is he frustrating when it comes to putting the chances away. Thankfully it hasn't cost us too much recently as far as I can recall, but when it does, I think we'll see some pitchforks.

I'm more frustrated with his overall game. He doesn't have any skill to beat defenders 1 on 1, and it's usually pathetic effort from him every time somebody is marking him. He did score fair amount of tap-ins this season so statistics does look good for him, but I'm getting more frustrated every week with what he does on the pitch.
I've said it a couple of times, he is too involved in build up process and doesn't have skills for that. His position should be only CF and let Laca roam around helping with build up and creating chances.

Gunner-Union

He has great movement and pace and knows how to get on the end of chances and lose markers but with all that pace how can he never beat anyone 1 vs 1 I mean just kick it past them and run.
I do think a couple of quality pacy wingers either side of him would lead to many many more goals as he just finds space when the ball is put in the box

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'm more frustrated with his overall game. He doesn't have any skill to beat defenders 1 on 1, and it's usually pathetic effort from him every time somebody is marking him. He did score fair amount of tap-ins this season so statistics does look good for him, but I'm getting more frustrated every week with what he does on the pitch.
I've said it a couple of times, he is too involved in build up process and doesn't have skills for that. His position should be only CF and let Laca roam around helping with build up and creating chances.
People never expect Auba and Laca to beat defenders 1 on 1.
I agree that they are not capable to beat defenders with skills/make beautiful build up play/make beautiful assist like suarez, aguero, firmino or van persie.
They may be tactically limited players, but they are the best realistic targets we can get in recent years.

akhil

People never expect Auba and Laca to beat defenders 1 on 1.
I agree that they are not capable to beat defenders with skills/make beautiful build up play/make beautiful assist like suarez, aguero, firmino or van persie.
They may be tactically limited players, but they are the best realistic targets we can get in recent years.

Suarez and Aguero don't beat many people anymore. Firmino is just clever not rapid by any stretch of the imagination, he knows how to get a yard to get a shot or pass of in tight areas. Beyond Mbappe there isn't anyone who's a big dribbler with pace. Not anyone who's established anyway. Rashford maybe but he's still very inconsistent.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Suarez and Aguero don't beat many people anymore. Firmino is just clever not rapid by any stretch of the imagination, he knows how to get a yard to get a shot or pass of in tight areas. Beyond Mbappe there isn't anyone who's a big dribbler with pace. Not anyone who's established anyway. Rashford maybe but he's still very inconsistent.
No one was talking about pace.
Just look at how beautiful it is when they beat their defenders.
You will never have this with auba or laca.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He puts himself into great position in attack, and that sets him apart from many other players, but goodness is he frustrating when it comes to putting the chances away. Thankfully it hasn't cost us too much recently as far as I can recall, but when it does, I think we'll see some pitchforks.

Was right behind that pen in the sp*rs fans and at no time did he look like he was going to score.

BUT there’s no way I wouldn’t have had some kind of reaction, so he possibly saved my life.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No one was talking about pace.
Just look at how beautiful it is when they beat their defenders.
You will never have this with auba or laca.

The word you are looking for is guile

But it’s just one trait, it’s rare to get a striker who excels at everything. Ronaldo (Brazilian) is the closest I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

But it’s just one trait, it’s rare to get a striker who excels at everything. Ronaldo (Brazilian) is the closest I’ve seen in my lifetime.
I don’t expect my strikers to have everything but this ‘trait’ is a must have. If not, then better be a defender or goalkeeper.

Just imagine if auba can do the 2:52

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's really hard these days to find a striker who has everything. You have to decide what is best for your set up.

A striker who has excellent hold up play and is good in the air but can also beat a man does exist. However do they have excellent shooting technique to go with it?

Jovic - good in the air, excellent shot technique, lacks dribbling and link up play.

Joelinton- has everything, but lacks decision making and shooting technique.

Dolberg- Has everything but lacks pace. Probably the closest to being complete.

Lammers- lacks pace but has everything else, very left footed.

Schik- lacks hold up play and mentality.

Inaki Williams- Lacks hold up play, has everything else and a stupidly high release clause to go with it.

Chalov- weak in the air, can't beat a man, has everything else.

Rafael Leao - Has everything, but can he do it vs good opposition.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He’s absolute **** off a shovel. He’s in the very top bracket when it comes to fast footballers. He has ‘great’ pace for sure.
He's fast for sure but I don't think I've seen him blow past anybody for Arsenal at least. Lacks power and a mean streak.

OSBK

Established Member
Hate to say it but this guy is a bottler. He is pulling out of 50/50s and not willing to put his body in where it hurts to get a goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom