• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,347

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Zaha would definitely join us if we could afford to buy him but if our budget limited we should look for cheap options because we'll need to strengthen other positions

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Auba sucks on the wing.

I'd be happy enough with Fraser-Laca-Zaha.
Not sure if he actually would be. I see them roaming around quite a bit with the wing backs really providing the width. It would just be a general front three of them.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Zaha would definitely join us if we could afford to buy him but if our budget limited we should look for cheap options because we'll need to strengthen other positions

I don’t like strengthening lots of positions on a limited budget. You invariably dilute the talent and end up with 5 average players instead of 2 top class ones.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I don’t like strengthening lots of positions on a limited budget. You invariably dilute the talent and end up with 5 average players instead of 2 top class ones.
Now that Sven is gone I have started to worry about this. If he was still around, then less so.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We have to get 2 wingers a ramsey replacement and probably a good CB and backup RB. I won't watch next season if mkhi and Iwobi starting in the wings for us

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
A real Arsenal man!
If we can get him for a decent price (40-50m) then we should definitely buy him imo

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think we'll go for one of Zaha or Fraser. They're good players who want out of their clubs, that sounds like the sort of opportunistic buy we'd go for.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Would it be possible to get Konate? He's been getting rave reviews all season. He's at a good age where he can only get better especially working with a no-nonsense defender like Sokratis.

Also would be great to have a physically imposing CB, haven't had one since Sol Campbell.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We have to get 2 wingers a ramsey replacement and probably a good CB and backup RB. I won't watch next season if mkhi and Iwobi starting in the wings for us

We’re not gonna get that all in one window though. We should aim to improve the squad window by window.

We’re not going to be title challengers over night, Emery’s going to be here for a couple of years.

Should focus on getting quality players every window rather than just filling gaps.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We’re not gonna get that all in one window though. We should aim to improve the squad window by window.

We’re not going to be title challengers over night, Emery’s going to be here for a couple of years.

Should focus on getting quality players every window rather than just filling gaps.

Well said. Emery will have time to put his vision into motion. Mind you, even then, he might just end up building the team for whomever replaces him later.

I'm already prepared for our triumphant 14 title trophy being held aloft by Erik ten Hag :lol:

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

agreed.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

A winger, cb, attacking mid and left back is the minimum required imo, possibly a fourth cm if Emery won't trust Willock (I would)

Chukwueze - £40m
Konate - £40m
Ziyech - £30m
Tierney - £20m

That list isn't even un reasonable imo. From what I've heard about Konate he is going to be absolute immense in the future and very decent now, he's 6'4 and pretty quick.

With the way Kos is playing now, it would maybe makes sense to not bring in a £60+ million CB and use Sok, Kos and Holding while Konate gets used to PL.

We definitely need a LB as well and I'd trust AMN, Bellerin and Osei-Tutu to cover RB.

I'd be very happy with just 3 players in, Konate, Chukwueze and Tierney.

Reactions: HBL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom