• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We actually are so far off challenging. We can't get there in one summer. I'm hoping we replace the olayrrs who have started many games and underperformed

Mustafi
Mhiki
Iwobi

And internally or cheaply replace

Jenkinson
Lichsteiner
El-Neny

Then there's the need for a Ramsey reolacement, be that with a shift of focus in a wide player or an attacking/centre mid

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We need to solve the issue of only having a few actual goal scorers. Namely out wide. We have youth players more capable of putting the ball in the back of the net than what we play regularly out wide.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We actually are so far off challenging. We can't get there in one summer. I'm hoping we replace the olayrrs who have started many games and underperformed

Mustafi
Mhiki
Iwobi

Jenkinson
Lichsteiner
El-Neny

Then there's the need for a Ramsey reolacement, be that with a shift of focus in a wide player or an attacking/centre mid

Would also add Xhaka to the list.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Mustafi
Mhiki
Iwobi

Jenkinson
Lichsteiner
El-Neny

We are light years away!!!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Even if we have CL money, it still won't be enough to fix the holes in our squad without relying on some internal solutions from the academy. This is where you'd think Raul would lay down a policy

simonreq

The whole squad has to be reevaluated.

We're miles away from being able to secure a top-4 on a consistent basis, let alone compete for anything but the stuff that nobody cares about (FA and the carling cup)

It's so disheartening to read this forum, when people continue to back the likes on Iwobi, özil, Mustafi etc. There's always a reason to give them a little more time, whether this is a new manager, or a surge in performence over a couple of games.

It's the same with our youngsters. People thinking that Nkiteh is the new Ronaldo, (because of 2 goals against Norwich !!) just like Akpom was. Mental
Our squad is full of top-6 players, which is why we're in this mess in the first placec.

We need a complete rebuild, starting from the defense and moving up to the midfield. Xhaka hasn't become the player we thought he would, Torreira still has a way to go, and so does Guendouzi (quite a lot actually)

Instead of going out and spending 10-20 on each player, go and spend all ****ing 50 mil on a defender or CM who can improve us from day one.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I wish I had a proper explanation for our away form. At home we press, we usually play dominant football and we control games. Not always, but at times we do.

And then you have Arsenal on the road. Where individuals wouldn't look out of place at the Paralympics.

progman07

Established Member
The whole squad has to be reevaluated.

We're miles away from being able to secure a top-4 on a consistent basis, let alone compete for anything but the stuff that nobody cares about (FA and the carling cup)

It's so disheartening to read this forum, when people continue to back the likes on Iwobi, özil, Mustafi etc. There's always a reason to give them a little more time, whether this is a new manager, or a surge in performence over a couple of games.

It's the same with our youngsters. People thinking that Nkiteh is the new Ronaldo, (because of 2 goals against Norwich !!) just like Akpom was. Mental
Our squad is full of top-6 players, which is why we're in this mess in the first placec.

We need a complete rebuild, starting from the defense and moving up to the midfield. Xhaka hasn't become the player we thought he would, Torreira still has a way to go, and so does Guendouzi (quite a lot actually)

Instead of going out and spending 10-20 on each player, go and spend all ****ing 50 mil on a defender or CM who can improve us from day one.
You literally said under one post that:

1. We need a complete rebuild
2. Instead of going and and spending 10-20 on each player, spend ALL 50m on a defender on CM
3. We give managers, players too much time.

You imagine football like we will go out, buy 10 new players (each for 50 million pounds), then you will expect results from Day 1. Again, as I said in the Iwobi thread, this is Football Manager stuff, not how things are done in real life.

We have to replace Ramsey, Mustafi, Welbeck, Elnenny and Lichsteiner already in the squad. This is already 5 players, plus we need to add a winger and a left back, so even more. Maybe we can do 1-2 internal promotions, but that's it.

We can hope to rebuild in 2-3 seasons, IF we get CL football, because if we don't, we won't be able to attract and buy top players.

simonreq

You literally said under one post that:

1. We need a complete rebuild
2. Instead of going and and spending 10-20 on each player, spend ALL 50m on a defender on CM
3. We give managers, players too much time.

You imagine football like we will go out, buy 10 new players (each for 50 million pounds), then you will expect results from Day 1. Again, as I said in the Iwobi thread, this is Football Manager stuff, not how things are done in real life.

We have to replace Ramsey, Mustafi, Welbeck, Elnenny and Lichsteiner already in the squad. This is already 5 players, plus we need to add a winger and a left back, so even more. Maybe we can do 1-2 internal promotions, but that's it.

We can hope to rebuild in 2-3 seasons, IF we get CL football, because if we don't, we won't be able to attract and buy top players.

Thats not what I meant. Sorry if I wasnt clear enough.

Id rather sell the players while they still hold value and keep on to the money until its possible to buy a proper replacement. Replacement or not. We're obviously not selling 10 players this window, so my point was, sell the players who still hold value -> hold on to the money and wait til we can buy quality replacements.

Whats going to happen this window is, that we'll sell 2-3 players and replace them all with 10-20m players who we'll have to replace in 1-2 years anyway. The circle is complete.

Sorry if I wasnt clear enough, was fairly annoyed after the lastest farce :)

DasBootist

Offload Mustafi, el Neny, Jenkinson, Mkhitaryan and Iwobi. Centre back, left back and an exciting attacker coming in should do for us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What @Jury said earlier about none of our best players getting a game at Sp**s hit me hard. ****, that's depressing.

This should be what people at the club are thinking, these first team players are all they’re ever going to be and that’s not enough.

Squad has to get younger quickly.

Reactions: A_G

GK : Leno
RB : Bellerin
CB : X
CB : X
LB : X
CM : Xhaka
CM : X
AMC : X
AMR : X
AML : X
CF : Lacazette

Dreadful. Just beyond dreadful. We need to split our transfer fund between the 3 absolutely best players we can get in the market for 3 positions. Ideally CB, LB and either wide-forward position.

Internal solutions for the rest of the positions. Then we just have to go through another season and hope it will be decent enough we can keep all the players in my line-up + 3 signings we make. And make another 3 top signings.

If we keep on going signing dross the problem will just become difficult and bigger to solve with each window. We need to put the foot down and stop signing mediocre.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We conceded 46 this season so far we have to do something about this it's embarrassing and getting worse only manutd are worse than us yes holding bellerin and kosh injured were major factor but still you can't expect making top 4 conceding 50 goals a game that close that's nearly 2 goals conceded a gane . Either buy better player or change the system defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom